slydawg

Always wishin' I was fishin'
Jul 14, 2004
Alta Loma/Huntington
Name
Billy
Boat
WWW - 25’ Proline
Wanted to report on my Dana Point adventure.... Got a slip for the week, as I'm on vacation.
Fished Sat on the inside with my Pop and a buddy, ~12-15 mi outside from the domes - Oceanside for not much. Caught a Mako pup on a green Xrap for a release. Lots of bait/ponies. Did a lot of trolling...

Sunday we started at the 267 with my wife, kiddos and bro in law. Lots of life coming across the 267. Birds, ponies... Trolled all through them for a bit before winging out to the 209. Trolled for about an hour before the Orange/yellow Xrap gets slammed in the middle of the ponies. My bro in law points the troller at the fish and buttons the drag down?? WTF over? That was our only shot that day. Hummer Dude worked with us, combing the area over. He wound up with 3 YF, all trolling over the ponies. I believe he got bit on a BP feather, but will let him chime in.. Overall, great day on the pond with family and plenty of smack talking about the donkey move. :D
Had a couple of buddies come down on Monday, 7.22 for some serious fishing. After a SLOW weekend, I was over the inside BS. IE, 5 boats per paddy and metering non biting fish. Time to make a run to the 181. It worked out, as we were bit on a gold/green Yozuri within 10 minutes! I got the YF to the boat, threw some dines and boils erupted immediately! My buddy Jose got one on bait and soon Eddie and I were bit on dines too! Triples and doubles were the rule for the next 2 hours on the same drift. I chunked our mini macs from the weeked and tossed 2s and 3s periodically. The fish stuck with us. We wound up with 14 YF, 3 BF and a dodo! Fish were from 20-30lb range. The dodo was a 15 lb hen. Headed for the barn by noon. We trolled in while we cleaned fish for nada.
Paddies were dry all three days, including some LARGE models! Strange.... Didn't even see any fish on them.
I had planned on fishing the rest of the week, but the weather reports changed that. I will head back out FRI. Good luck out there!
Can't seem to rotate pics, sorry.

IMG_0861.jpeg

IMG_1688.jpeg

IMG_3420.jpeg

IMG_7287.jpeg

photo(2).JPG

IMG_0861.jpeg

IMG_1688.jpeg

IMG_3420.jpeg

IMG_7287.jpeg

photo(2).JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
Nice! How did you get that rapala back? LOL

Reactions: ISLAND BOUND
Upvote 0

jeffdalton

"Well Known" Member
Aug 16, 2005
Long Beach, CA
Name
Jeff Dalton
Boat
21' Parker/Stealth Stix
Hell yeah! I'm planning to two days this weekend...friday and Saturday. I hope we do as well!

Reactions: slydawg
Upvote 0

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
Awesome report, thanks!!!

Awesom'er fishing, that's a great bite you had going!!!

Reactions: slydawg
Upvote 0