late post. It was perfect weather and good fishing but we had ou share of issues! lol

Dicegame

May 3, 2012
Tustin/CA
Name
Timmy D
Boat
New Baby/In Between
Guess whose kid is gonna have the best summer story? First day of school he's gonna be bragging about his big fish.

1,000,000% Legit.

Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
Sep 9, 2010
SouthBay SF
Name
The Kid
Boat
Aquasport 222 FFV
AMAZING Experience with your kid. He will never forget as Im sure you wont either!!!

Nice work!

riverplayer

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 5, 2006
Riverside
Name
Ed
Boat
Osprey 30' Long Cabin "Into The Mystic"
Never, EVER leave the dock offshore without a generator. Glad it all worked out!

vegasandre

Aug 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Andre
Boat
Any Boat that I can go on
Awesome, simply awesome! Did you ever find out what was wrong with the engines?

chase4

Well-Known "Member"
Jan 31, 2007
Punta Corona, CA
Name
Elwood Blues
Boat
EdgeWater 175 CC
Great report and way to stick it out. Creating memories that will last a lifetime.

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
Aug 11, 2006
Costa Mesa
Name
Ron
Boat
several
Cool beans, glad ya made it back. The kid and dog are a couple of stokers!
The Marlin sure it made it worth the trip for sure. Nice Surprise! LOL

100%

Jun 8, 2007
San Marcos
Name
Michael Bryson
Boat
223 Everglades
Great post!!

Dumb question ... is that green turf pad in the cockpit for your dog?
yes. trying to train him to pee on it. poor guy holds it the whole time we are out. held it two days once.LOL

100%

Jun 8, 2007
San Marcos
Name
Michael Bryson
Boat
223 Everglades
thx guys for the nice feedback. I don't post much on here and it took me a long time to figure out my pictures were to big to post but I got it done finally. My son has been on our boat since he was an infant. I have been a single dad since he was a few months old and have him the majority of the time so he has grown up on that boat. he loves the ocean and is different than any kid in his class maturity wise because of his experiences. he knows how to drive the boat at this point. he has been on many multi day trips with just and our dog. lol. he has turned into a great fisherman and we often lament the fact that not many kids get to do what he gets to do and how very fortunate we are. its really made him a lot more confident and mature boy :) a old salt once said to me when I first bought my boat " the boat is everything and everything is the boat!" that sunk in and when we had a trip like last week it makes it all worth the blood sweat and tears I have gone through to hang on to my girl. I have held onto my boat through hard times ( being a contractor the last few years has not been easy! ) when everyone said I needed to sell it! they were right, but I'm stubborn and I always thought of Hunter and how much he loves the boat so I hung in there. she needs a little work right now but soon she will be The 100% again! :)

Balluga

Apr 7, 2006
Long Beach
Name
Bob
Boat
25' Parker/twin Yamahas
a boy...his dog...and fish...parenting doesn't get better than that!!

Team Ball's Out

Jun 18, 2005
Vista
Name
Ray Collier
Boat
23' Sea Swirl Striper
That is just way too cool Nice job!

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
Well said. Having been a single father of a boy from the age of 14 months I can relate. He is now 25 and we have a bond from experiences made together. Nice post & congrats on the carp!

MobilHomey

Nov 22, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Name
Dan
Boat
24' Skipjack Open
Got chills. Great report... then to see the dog in the first pic... I don't know. I'm voting for a front page BD spot for this post. Good shit my brother...

Aug 2, 2009
HB
Name
Mike
Boat
Shamrock CC
Agreed great post, your report makes me want to wrap up my trip across the pond and get back on the water!