Late DVL Report & Video(4/20/11)

Shaka760

Apr 16, 2007
Carlsbad, Ca
Name
Craig Taylor
Boat
2007 Nitro 482
Sorry for the late report, but this should help the guys heading out this weekend. Fished DVL 4/20/11. Fished outside the coves and a few roadbeds first thing in the morning for a slow pick. Moved inside and burned the banks with flukes inside the newly submerged brush for a steady pick on 1-2 pound shakers. Got bored with the rats so moved back to the roadbeds as the water temp was climbing and found a few willing biters on dark t-rigged worms and brush hogs. Most fish were in the 15-35 foot range. No sign of Stripers, but figured the trollers were getting a few. Finished the day with over 40 fish for the boat, but no real good ones. Surface temps started around 64 and went up to 67-68 later in the day. With the weather stabilizing I think DV is gonna bust wide open soon!!!!:2gunsfiring_v1: Good luck fellas!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVyBQt4nEKI

Mistofer

Jul 5, 2010
San Diego, California
Name
Chrissssssssss
Boat
...Nike's on my feet...
Good numbers make up for the non biggins...nice outing fellas...green bass on green day...

Gnarly double bass drums!

Last edited:

Juny

Well-Known "Member"
Jun 15, 2010
San Diego
Name
Jorge Bee
Boat
15' Gregor
Decent outing guys!

DpRes

Kayak Killah
Sep 26, 2010
DP
Name
Moore
Boat
Yak
Nice video, nice local spot. I always knew there are largemouth in there, secret is safe with me... im going to try it out, Pm me if I need to ninja fish any sections.... Nice bass

baybassboy

Bass Hippie
Aug 1, 2004
Balboa Island
Name
Mo Williams
Boat
17' HydraSports CC, "Motivator"; Outcast Super FatCat
it was hard to watch that video as i was banging my f**king head

nice outing guys

Shaka760

Apr 16, 2007
Carlsbad, Ca
Name
Craig Taylor
Boat
2007 Nitro 482
Looked like a fun and successful day on the water!!! Cheers to that And on 420 thats why the late report!!!! HaHA
Haha! Yeah, really fun day, but the only greenery for me is Monster!!! Not too many people out either, I think a lot of guys had a demotivational wake 'n bake!!

jock

Sloth-donkey
Sep 8, 2004
Huntington Beach
Name
Andrew
Boat
80' tractor tug
Can't wait to get back there this summer, we can only hope its as good as last summer's bite

*Pinche Weto*

Sep 21, 2009
OCEANSIDE
Name
Dustin
Boat
18' CC
Bass Taxi, Monsters, and LM...sounds like an epic day. Hittin it up Thurs. with a couple swimbaits I made and havent tried yet. Let me know if you ever need someone to chip in on the boat tab.