FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
Hooped the same general area as on the opener, in-addition to Tues/Weds/Thurs.
30 feet of water with only fresh caught Mackerel in the cages, forced-into/smashed-in not cut in half.
Started at 715 for only 1 legal in first 10 pulls so had to put thinking cap on as boats were starting to show for maybe 6 in the general area.
Next set of 10 pulls business picked up but not to my liking so we actually pulled the nets.
Handed off the spot to someone next to me I know pretty well and he had helped me with info on the opener even though we only managed 8 legals for 2 of us on the opener.
There's a fine line guys on what to share here, lots of extremely smart people here that can figure it out quickly and the area can be bum-rushed.
Anyway after the move we waited until after low tide at 9:11 and pulled again at 930.
Then the flood gates opened!
The first 4 nets had 2 legals each and we were done!
Minor breeze in the PM turning to offshore about 8PM.
Sitting on the hook chumming a little gave us all the fresh Mackerel we needed.
Watch out for those damn Mackerel spines!!
Great quality again surpassing the previous night.
It just doesn't get any better IMO, my buddy, weather, good catching, laughing, music, and chatting, lobster just a bi-product and icing.

imagejpeg_0-7.jpg

Upvote 0
Apr 26, 2005
So Cal
Name
Glendon
Boat
Grady White 257 Advance
Great job John. Good too see you posting again. Hope to see you on the water this season.

Upvote 0

IrieMitch

Waterman
May 18, 2010
Newport Beach, CA
Name
Mitch
Boat
Captain of Papa's Haven (52' Cabo), Thunderbird Sportfishing
So good to hear from you John! Glad you got them and as you said, an evening on the water with friends is always a treat!

Mitch

Upvote 0

Joey805

Administrator
Admin
Dec 12, 2003
Ventura County
Name
Joey
Boat
Too many of them
Hi John. Glad to see you're still out slayin the bugs. Slow opener up here so far but I hope things pick up.

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
What chum did you use for the Macs
Used mushy Mackerel, smushed in a bucket and spooned it over each PM on the hook until we had what we needed each night, so now the bucket goes back in the freezer full of Macs as we're done at 755 tonight, just sick bug fishing tonight, awesome weather too Take care!.

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
Great job John. Good too see you posting again. Hope to see you on the water this season.

Hey Glendon hope all is well with you, yes been awhile.
Never touched the bait once finished Thursday night used the same stuff again and it must have been like candy to them, call me if you need something. John.

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
Hi John. Glad to see you're still out slayin the bugs. Slow opener up here so far but I hope things pick up.

I hope you saved the gills from that yellow for your cages, nothing better, and the belly meat for me. :cheers: That's a pig! pig:

Are the boys ever getting together on the water anymore for another CAMPOPARTYFISHORAMA?

Take care Joey! John.

Upvote 0
Apr 26, 2005
So Cal
Name
Glendon
Boat
Grady White 257 Advance
Hey Glendon hope all is well with you, yes been awhile.
Never touched the bait once finished Thursday night used the same stuff again and it must have been like candy to them, call me if you need something. John.
Thanks John.

Upvote 0