Last fish on the small boat

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by Kinaiahi61, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Kinaiahi61

Kinaiahi61 Member

Name:
    Kalani
    Boat:
    Kai Kea
    last ones.jpg

Sold my beloved 14' Livingston. These were the last ones I caught the other day. Lost a big boy on Friday, snapped the 300lb liter. I don't know if the tail or something else (maybe another ahi) hit the line and I lost my lure and fish :shithappens: I got back the crimp and about 3" below it broke:waglleybooty::2gunsfiring_v1:. Sunday went out and got nothing. Then went out Tuesday, got these two and lost a big one 30' from the boat :shithappens:, pulled the hook. I was soo bummed, but was blessed by Akua to have gotten some grinds. Looking forward to a larger boat, tired of "charging" and catching cracks on the small boat. Hopefully the next post will be soon and on a much larger boat. Aloha no and stay safe.

2. shadzdad

shadzdad Member

Name:
    Darren
    Boat:
    building one
    Nice way to say goodbye to the boat. Looking forward to seeing posts of the new boat and fishing reports.

3. Kauaihunter

Kauaihunter Newbie

Name:
    Jay
    Boat:
    Moana Kai 15' Whaler
    Nice Kalani! What you looking at getting now?

4. changboy

changboy Member

Name:
    Brian
    Boat:
    "PARIS C" 23 sportcraft custom
    Kalani, nice catch for sure! I myself went form a 17 whaler to a 23 and my only regret was not doing it sooner!

5. Hij

Hij Newbie

Name:
    Jason Hijirida
    Boat:
    25 Force, PAIGE H
    Good job charging! You gotta make the most of what you had and did great! Now go that bigger boat and catch big fish in comfort. I had the same boat and did great and now I have a big boat and just gotta figure it out and fine tune things. Good luck! Hope to see more fish pictures soon!

6. whiteykauai

whiteykauai Newbie

Name:
    jesse
    Boat:
    Saving up
    Hey my cousins bought that boat. They are looking forward to fishing it. Clearly the boat is a fishy vessel. Good luck on the bigger boat!

7. patfishhi

patfishhi Registered User

Name:
    Pat
    Boat:
    32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
    Kalani,
    Super stoked for you on getting some fish and a bigger boat, sorry about dropping some bigger fish; don't we all know, it happens to all of us. That is a strange place for the leader to break??? Hopefully Flossie doesn't mess things up too much early next week.

Congrats again on the New Ride!!!

Cheers
    Pat

8. Ali

Ali Master of Nothing Admin

Name:
    That Guy
    Boat:
    31' Innovator
    14' boat? HARD CORE!

9. tsutomu

tsutomu Newbie

Name:
    garrett
    Boat:
    Anne's Revenge
    Good last run. On to bigger and better things. Congrat's!

10. Kinaiahi61

Kinaiahi61 Member

Name:
    Kalani
    Boat:
    Kai Kea
    Mahalo all for the replies. It was a good trip all in all. Sad to loose another good one near the boat. Hopefully the new boat is fishy too.

Jay, looking at a friends boat that used to be my uncle's. Not sure what type of hull, he said some kind of craft. 19' with two foot extension, twin Honda 90's, flush deck and full cab. It's in my price range, so gotta get what can.

Brian, I totally hear yah. I was eyeing that boat that you got but had no where near the amount needed. I hope the new boat does well.

Pat, someone said that maybe while the fish was fighting another wrapped the lure with the tension on it. It does look like something nicked it or something. It was a brand new liter that was just redone.

Jesse, hopefully the boat does good by your cousins, that things a tank now with all the work that I put into it. Hij, I wish I could step up to a Force like you, but major lacking on the funds. Hope you get dialed in soon.

Mahalo all and be safe out there, aloha no