Largest Parker Sport Cabin for a 30' slip in Dana Point?

Parker Boats

jiminoc

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • May 5, 2005
    Trabuco Canyon
    Name
    Jim
    Boat
    boat-less but looking
    I was wondering if anyone had already been through the slip measurement process at Dana Point and might know what the largest size Parker you can fit in a 30' slip would be? They allow 33.6", full tip to tip overall (pulpit to engines up measurement).

I think a 2520 fits but not positive, I heard you can also get a 2820 without the pulpit but not sure if that cuts it down enough to fit. I believe the 2820 is almost 36' without the engines up.

Appreciate any pointers!

thanks!

Reactions: Shewillbemine
    Upvote 0

djam

Almost A Member
    Jun 2, 2008
    Irvine
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    Parker 2320 (Terabite)
    I'd say call them, since the combination of the two groups under one marina company they are much tougher on sizes. I used to be ok in a 26' spot with my 2320 without a pulpit, now they determined I'm over length and I pay extra each month.

jiminoc

• May 5, 2005
    Trabuco Canyon
    Name
    Jim
    Boat
    boat-less but looking
    I called them but they said they can’t search by boat info and the person I talked to didn’t know, only 33.6” loa

djam

Almost A Member
    Jun 2, 2008
    Irvine
    Name
    Dave
    Boat
    Parker 2320 (Terabite)
    Maybe someone can take you down on a dock with 30' slips to see if any parkers are there. Also, the wait list is 250 boats long with a lot from 2018 and 2019.

I do want to add, the new company has been good about making repairs and taking care of issues.

ShadBurke

Just a Guy and his Boston Whaler
    Oct 28, 2005
    Carlsbad
    Name
    Shad Burke
    Boat
    22' Boston Whaler Guardian
    Depends on the configuration of the boat (specifically if it is an open transom or a bracketed closed transom). Additionally, there is the option of the anchor pulpit. So best to check the Parker website and call your local Parker dealer to decide on which model and mode configurations keep you under the loa rule with motors tilted up.

jiminoc

• May 5, 2005
    Trabuco Canyon
    Name
    Jim
    Boat
    boat-less but looking
    thx, I already called Kevin to get measurements and I've been on the wait list a couple years now so my number is coming up. The 2520 is a tad longer which is why I'm hoping to find someone with one already slipped to verify. Worst case I'll walk the docks and try to find what I'm looking for in a 30 slip down there already for reference.

Also, would like to know if anyone managed to squeeze a 28 in modified or unmodified on an end slip

Last edited:

ShadBurke

Just a Guy and his Boston Whaler
    Oct 28, 2005
    Carlsbad
    Name
    Shad Burke
    Boat
    22' Boston Whaler Guardian
    2320 bracketed w/ pulpit motor down is 30’9” LOA per Parker brochure.

So motor up you will be right at 33’6”.......

Reactions: makostorm

mahi

Jan 5, 2005
    laguna niguel
    Name
    Bob
    Boat
    Henriques 28 Express
    They will measure with the engines up, which is how owners store the boats. That adds to overall length

Upvote 0

berto1256

Almost A Member
    Aug 7, 2013
    Southern california
    Name
    erik
    Boat
    Parker 2120
    I have a 2120 in a 26’ slip, with a pulpit and notched transom in Dana point harbor. Comes right in at 26’ for reference. The new company is pretty strict about measuring over all length. I don’t think you could go any bigger than a 2320 in a 26’ slip.

Upvote 0