Largest Ling cod caught on the Central Californis Coast for 2016

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 4, 2004
California
Name
JB
Boat
Matson Inc.
Take a look at Virgs Landing's website on Facebook for the picture of the 32.5 Lingzilla caught. Caught on the Rita G on 10/23. 180 reds to go with it. WHAT A HOG!!!
Largest Ling cod on the Central Coast of California for 2016 so far. Great job by the angler

Last edited:

Tifoso

Chinook,lings,bottom fish. And everything else.
Jul 25, 2016
norCal (central valley)
Name
Lou
Boat
yes
Definitely booking with these guys. :)

charliecat

on a fishin' mission
Jun 2, 2015
Name
charlie cat
Boat
14' -50' , bunch of boats
Just toss out the fillets and eat the nematodes!

rowdyrosco

sancho
Apr 9, 2009
PSL
Name
ross
Boat
Skipjack 20
Those things are junk. Not sure what the draw is, no fight, and it's kind of like eating a giant tilapia. They sure are good for dulling the fillet knife though.

Tifoso

Jul 25, 2016
norCal (central valley)
Name
Lou
Boat
yes
Those things are junk. Not sure what the draw is, no fight, and it's kind of like eating a giant tilapia. They sure are good for dulling the fillet knife though.
Bullshoot.
Salmon 1st, but they are second
Maybe they taste different where you are. Leave them for me. Hugely uncool to shit on someone else's thread. Just sayin...

Last edited:

rowdyrosco

sancho
Apr 9, 2009
PSL
Name
ross
Boat
Skipjack 20
Don't cry. Some people fish for something that tastes good, some fish for a photo. I'll sell the shit out of a 30#maggot, but I'll eat the 2# bolina first every time. unfortunately everyone is entitled to their opinion in this country. Cheers.

Tifoso

Jul 25, 2016
norCal (central valley)
Name
Lou
Boat
yes
Don't cry. Some people fish for something that tastes good, some fish for a photo. I'll sell the shit out of a 30#maggot, but I'll eat the 2# bolina first every time. unfortunately everyone is entitled to their opinion in this country. Cheers.
I fish for something that tastes good-lings
Salute :)

Reactions: ror_sal
S

Sea Addiction#1

Lings not only taste great but fight like hell compared to most rock fish! One of my favorite species to target.

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
Monster!!!! Looks like it's from Alaska!!!! A real Aligator! Only bigger on I have seen from CA was in 1999 or 2000 on Island Tak captain Steve Kelly (The Legend) had even called his shot. We had a Lincod charter. The water and current was correct. Steve gave instructions that only one at a time he would position the boat back in, then on a lead head two live squid would get thrown into a whole behind some rocks by Miguel. As soon as the bait hit it was a five count then put in gear as soon as Steve saw the rod load up he powered up n drove slowly out. Second try Rick got the record on the Tak. 44 lbs. we caught others doing this several in high 20s was great. Even WSB on other trips. Winter stories. I'm on wifi on the Red Rooster 3 about 400 miles south. We start fishing today around 8:00. Been underway since Friday. Getting pumped to fish. Did bounce a couple school yet yesterday on 200 lbs. boat don't stop. You have to bounce once they hit you rip the lips off to get bouncing then keep that way to the boat. We got a few 20-30 lbs doing this. Great sashimi. Hope for nice weather. TL

apogee

My name is Apogee and I am a Squidaholic
Jan 29, 2009
Bakersfield
Name
Apogee..
Boat
Boston Whaler Outrage 28 (End Game)
Nice Lings. I am always perplexed about taking the top of the species. Should I release them for brood stock? This is why I am not much of a groundfish guy. With that being said I have plans to be in Morro Bay on April 1st to go fish for groundfish.