G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
Hey guys... those of you with boat knowledge...

Thinking about boats that are full walk around like a Delta 43....... what other manufacture/model has similar layout.

I know Delta is bad ass, so I need no testament to that, just wanting to know other brands with similar full walk around, nice rear deck space...

Ready......... Go!

Last edited:

Reel 007

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 12, 2006
Glendora Ca
Name
Leon
Boat
28 Wellcraft Coastal "vagabond'
L&H 33 and 43.

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
couple of new build Almar in the 42’ range w Yamaha 425 power, some DownEast semi custom hulls come to mind...
Thanks, but Nada.... I want inboards and similar to a Delta...

Reactions: Baby J

kwik_wurk

Apr 10, 2012
Indianola & Browns Point
Name
kwik_wurk
Boat
Montauk, Sailfish 2360, and Johnson18
what kind of fishing? (or purpose) — Those delta’s are nice but, they’re high off the water. (which maybe is what you would like.)

Otherwise suggest a downeaster with a short cabin, just add the hand rails to make the walk around a little easier. Much lower aft deck and rails, granted there are trade offs. And usually have full length keels (granted mostly single screw). Duffy’s come to mind.

Tomictime

Crusty Old Salt
May 9, 2014
Poverty Bay & Carlsbad
Name
Jim
Boat
Boatless.....
guy on ifish Salty Dogs Tron ran a Delta for a few seasons before State of OR bought the boat from him, he might be a wealth of knowlege on e plus or minus....

godo

Oct 18, 2008
Anaheim Hills, CA
Name
steve
Boat
24 Skipjack PH
Delta 43 and 50👍 what Hismosa said - i saw a new build Little Hoquiam 45. Single screw. Might be available right with twin?

eric13

Jul 21, 2015
Name
Eric
Boat
43' Delta - SP
I'll vouch for the 43 delta. I definitely don't think your high off the water on one. Guess it's just relative to what your used to.

Reactions: G-Spot

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
what kind of fishing? (or purpose) — Those delta’s are nice but, they’re high off the water. (which maybe is what you would like.)

Otherwise suggest a downeaster with a short cabin, just add the hand rails to make the walk around a little easier. Much lower aft deck and rails, granted there are trade offs. And usually have full length keels (granted mostly single screw). Duffy’s come to mind.

So here’s the deal.... My boat partner and I started our big tuna fishing on long range boats... 85-110’ American Angler Intrepid, Royal Star, Royal Polaris, etc.... These boats allow you to fight a fish all the way around without using the motor to stay ahead of the fish...

We currently own a 53’ Hatteras sportfisher down in PV that is bad ass! Looks amazing, but when we catch a fish, climbing up the side in controlled free spool is sketchy... It works and we have done it up to 160 lbs tuna, Marlin this weekend, we simply used the motor to stay ahead of the fish.... Had a Sailfish that took me around the boat once....

A full walk around similar to a Delta is appealing... A boat like that can troll for Marlin, drift for all species, and offer a rail for fighting fish all around... And have sleeping quarters like we have now...

Last weekend while sitting at Tres Marías and seeing a 50’ Delta (No Tuna No Chinga) and a similar (Pescadero out of PV) knowing other similar vessels like the Constitution, and the Apollo, we were tossing the idea of changing our platform.

We would not look near as cool as a Hatteras or Viking, but a full walk around 43 seems like a boat we might really enjoy.... A Down Easter does not interest us at all... We’d keep what we have... And may still keep what we have, but we are looking at options..

So... a full walk around like the Delta 43 or maybe the 50’ would be something we might do... There are a few out there and we are just tire kicking at the moment.. But.... 😳

Last edited:
Reactions: FishPimpII

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
I'll vouch for the 43 delta. I definitely don't think your high off the water on one. Guess it's just relative to what your used to.
Agreed, stand on the bow of our Hatteras and your high off the water... 😀

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
Budget wise.... we are not looking at new boats... much more interested in an older nice boat without 16000 hours...

Reactions: South Sounder

eric13

Jul 21, 2015
Name
Eric
Boat
43' Delta - SP
There is a 50 delta in Maui for sale and it has a fly bridge. Would be sweet for your use

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
There is a 50 delta in Maui for sale and it has a fly bridge. Would be sweet for your use
lol! Saw that one.. It’s pretty cool! One of two fly bridge Deltas made... so he says...

eric13

Jul 21, 2015
Name
Eric
Boat
43' Delta - SP
I have seen it in person about 5 years ago when I was there. It's pretty neat.

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
The Ms. Magoo is for sale in Westport.
He really doesn’t want to sell... the listing is a joke and is his $750k price....“but make an offer you never know”......

Outer Limits in Depoe Bay is also for sale complete Cummins repower with 570 hours for $375k..... Think Ms Magoo can suck it!

As I said.... I am wanting other similar boats.... I understand Delta is bad ass, don’t need any testaments or people telling me which Deltas are for sale... fully capable of searching the net and have...

Appreciate the input, but please can we keep it to the point?

what similar walk around boats are there?!? Get it? Thanks!

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
If your serious. Buy the Ms. Magoo. Let him Keep the permits That’ll cut your price down a bit.
See my last post.... Not interested even a tiny bit in that boat.... We are serious and also not interested in high school popularity contest or testaments to Deltas.... We understand they are bad ass, just like I stated in my first post... Can we stop trying to sell Deltas? If you don’t know other boats that offer similar layout and options then please don’t post poo!

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
I have been watching Deltas for years... Kadaho in Depoe Bay, Tackle Buster in Depoe Bay, the new 50’ Tackle Buster..... and a couple up in Seattle..... I see what they sell for and the value based upon the power and condition.... I almost bought Kadaho from Darrel before he died..... Coulda gotten a great deal! After he died the family raised the price... not sure what it sold for as a turn key business, but the asking price was $400k..... Beautiful boat!

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
guy on ifish Salty Dogs Tron ran a Delta for a few seasons before State of OR bought the boat from him, he might be a wealth of knowlege on e plus or minus....
yes, that was an awesome boat out of Garibaldi.... He made a great boat and sold it or ODFW too soon!

At this point I am wanting other options similar to Delta... Thank you!

Pipejumper

Dec 17, 2014
Name
Larry
Boat
22' Alumaweld Intruder
There is a 43’ Delta on Oregon coast Craigslist. Looks like the boat is in Alaska. $279k

I can’t think of another boat with that much walk around. Wesmac makes a version that comes close but I think they are in the $1 million range.

You might check out the downeastboatforum on instaggram. A few that pop up their may be inline with what your after.

KimH

Someday I'll live the dream.
Mar 4, 2009
Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
Name
Kim
Boat
28' Farallon Walkaround "Paragon"
Not sure how many were made but the Little Hoquiam's. 53' if I remember correctly. My brother built the original Gold Rush which was a Little Hoquiam. He sold it to Steve Miller when he started going to Alaska with me. Steve named it the Freedom. Good boat, every bit as good or better as the 50' Delta ...in my opinion. Other brother had a 50' Delta so I was around those as well. I ran a 43' Delta (Comanche) when I was running charters at Westport before I swapped over to the commercial game in AK.

Reactions: Genie Aye