Jul 12, 2019
Hoh River 98331
gab.com
Name
Jim Hart
Boat
21 hewescraft
Good morning everyone!

Any reports of tuna out of LaPush? Would like to learn how and where to get them.

Just bought a new 21' Hewescraft.

Thanks,
Jim

Brumby

Skipper
Jul 4, 2008
Oakville, WA
Name
marc
Boat
The Job Site, 20 ft Tiderunner
I'd be more than happy to show you where they are. I'd have to go with you on your new boat though to show you exactly where they are. I don't think I could give you good enough directions. :D

k9hohriver

k9hohriver
Jul 12, 2019
Hoh River 98331
gab.com
Name
Jim Hart
Boat
21 hewescraft
Tempbreak.com

Head to the edge of the blue water. They are there.
Thanks Aaron!
I know they are selling tuna at the dock off and on so I figured they are close.
Been looking at gear, Cedar Plugs sounds like a good choice for trolling, no live bait at LaPush. What can I throw at them if I'm stopped?
How heavy on the leader for trolling?
Questions, never stop learning!

Jim

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
Vacancy
Search through the general WA reports section too. Lots of info on troll spreads, fishing the slide, iron, swim baits, silly hand lines, etc.

Your biggest factor will be your brain. Pick your days in a 21’. Pick them carefully. Understand how volatile a south forecast can be. Be ready to haul ass home if the wind pics up or changes direction in a manner that will cause issues. 21’ isn’t very big.

2 guys in a 24’ Robalo are still missing in FL, after a week.

k9hohriver

k9hohriver
Jul 12, 2019
Hoh River 98331
gab.com
Name
Jim Hart
Boat
21 hewescraft
Search through the general WA reports section too. Lots of info on troll spreads, fishing the slide, iron, swim baits, silly hand lines, etc.

Your biggest factor will be your brain. Pick your days in a 21’. Pick them carefully. Understand how volatile a south forecast can be. Be ready to haul ass home if the wind pics up or changes direction in a manner that will cause issues. 21’ isn’t very big.

2 guys in a 24’ Robalo are still missing in FL, after a week.
I hear ya! Just doing my homework so if the water is flat, I might go, depends on how close they get. Most of the time, I'll be at Sekiu, waiting for the silvers to get bigger.

Thanks!
Jim

WaveDancer

Fishing The Pacific Ocean & Puget Sound Since 1969
Aug 26, 2008
Kitsap/Westport, WA
Name
Ken
Boat
Prowling for a Cat
Look through the BD WA Saltwater Reports section.

Several LP reports in with great results and numbers as well if you take the time to look for them.

WD

Reactions: k9hohriver

WaveDancer

Fishing The Pacific Ocean & Puget Sound Since 1969
Aug 26, 2008
Kitsap/Westport, WA
Name
Ken
Boat
Prowling for a Cat
Why not trailer to WP and make a vastly shorter run? Last I knew they were barely 40 out.
The La Push fisherman I know are only going about 35nm SW to the Quinault Canyon and slaying them without live bait.

Why trailer all the way to WP to go 40nm?

Here are Chloro & SST images from yesterday and I see no reason tuna are still not in the QC area.

8/25/2019 Chloro image

Clhoro-8-25-2019.png

8/25/2019 SST image:

SST-8-19-2019.png

WD