Lake Wohlford Bass

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing Reports' started by SdButtHunter, Jul 25, 2011.

1. SdButtHunter

SdButtHunter Newbie

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    baby yak
    I been getting a few 2 and 3 pounders but it's hard with the heat this last month. 2 weeks ago I missed 2 drag peeling monsters violent strikes instand polebending runs almost pulling the pole from my hands i lost both thinking my line snapped but still had the hook when reeled in. they worked on the small fih but the big ones bent the hooks enough to pop them free. I changed to a thicker less wirey hook and im bringing the big boys to shore got these 2 yesterday within a half hour right after it clouded up and started sprinkling. the other pics are caught prior. before yu all go off n catch and release I keep 2 bass after every 20 i release. exception if over 10lbs they get released no matter what. They are a delicious fish just got done eaten m. the last picture i caught 2 weeks ago and the guy in the picture had a scale and after we weighed it he smiled like take my pic so i did and then i had him take me of me and when i got home and loked at the pics the ones he took of me werent there go figure believe it or not.

Attached Files:

2. F15hK1ll3r

F15hK1ll3r Member

Name:
    Bronson
    Boat:
    Weird seeing bass on a stringer..

3. widgeon

widgeon Ex-Hunter and gatherer

Name:
    Tony
    Boat:
    Tarpon 140
    That is weird, but what are you catching them on? I want some. :D

4. SdButtHunter

SdButtHunter Newbie

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    baby yak
    I made a lure i call the wacky wigger bass jigger. The back tube is got bouyancy foam in it causing it to bareley touch the bottom when yu pull up about 2 feet it will somewhat suspend and jiggle and wiggle until it hits bottom again. this was a proyotype and it snags easy so I had to cast and drag a sinker to find clear paths to use it so i wont lose it. Im trying to make another snagless but having some trouble with that. if there is ba around they cant resist it.

Attached Files:

5. chasto

chasto Newbie

Name:
    justin
    Boat:
    ranger 350v
    catch and release

6. SdButtHunter

SdButtHunter Newbie

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    baby yak
    are you making that law or are you just running your lips

7. writebrian

writebrian ... and I'm 6'5"

Name:
    Brian
    Boat:
    Whoever is Hot that week
    From now on just show us the pics of the live ones.

8. wildcat

wildcat Hold your ground!!!!!!!!!

Name:
    Jim
    Boat:
    21' Parker CC
    The days when bass fisherman would kil kill kill and be so damn proud of it...I remember seeing the stringers of those poor stiff fish...Now a days it has so gone the other way it sickens me the mentaility and idiocy of some people..Taking a couple is HEALTHY for a fishery and actually all catch and release is not the best way to go for all fisheries...But I am sure all this is all a waste of my time and those that now think that anyone who doesn't release every single bass is a vicious killer..

So what does it all mean...Take a few, don't waste any and let em go as often as possible...Other than that, STFU, and let the man enjoy some fillets...

9. writebrian

writebrian ... and I'm 6'5"

Name:
    Brian
    Boat:
    Whoever is Hot that week
    In some countries it is perfectly legal and normal to eat dogs. While I do not personally eat dogs I do not in any way object to the eating of dogs by others. That being said, I do not wish to view a stringer of dead dog pics from said eater. I know it takes place, I just don't want to see it. Same with dead bass. I like looking at the live ones caught and release. Although I know some are killed for food I choose to pretend it doesn't happen.

It's just in the sporting forums like BD where it's an issue. There are plenty of websites where a stringer of dead bass will bring you the fame a 200lb dead tuna will bring you here. Oh the hypocrisy...!

P.S. John, your catches are quite impressive. Gotta' have the skills to catch em before you can eat em. You have skills my friend.

10. furniture 4 me

furniture 4 me Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    mike
    Boat:
    17 crusader
    not many eat them but they are tasty

11. furniture 4 me

furniture 4 me Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    mike
    Boat:
    17 crusader
    we fished that lake about 6 years ago with live dads and got 2 7lbers and some 2-3 lbs. would love to go back and fish it again.

12. R&R

R&R Member

Name:
    Rob
    Boat:
    CABO 226
    U wana eat bass eat strippers*

13. chasto

chasto Newbie

Name:
    justin
    Boat:
    ranger 350v
    we heard you all the way across the lake last week screaming you swore you would have caught a 10 lber all that noise for that ha ha catch and fillet

14. SdButtHunter

SdButtHunter Newbie

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    baby yak
    I like your post, nothing wrong with keeping a few once in a while, removing the smaller ones makes for a better fishery.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  15. SdButtHunter

SdButtHunter Newbie

Name:
    John
    Boat:
    baby yak
    I scream when I catch any size bass 1/41b or 15 lb, when I fish I catch bass and i do more catching than I do fishing so I'm always screaming!!!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011