Lake Wilson peacock bass

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by TAILCHASER75, Nov 20, 2010.

1. TAILCHASER75

TAILCHASER75 Newbie

Name:
    Kyle
    Boat:
    HO
    Hello to all I am looking to cross the peacock bass off my list and have tried to research lake Wilson but haven't found much on it I haven't ever been there so any advice or pointers would be great, also do they rent boats out there as well and if anyone has contact info please let me know I would appreciate any advice, also I practice catch and release so won't be taking any fish. Any info, gear, boats numbers? Anything!

2. brumleym

brumleym Newbie

Name:
    Mike Brumley
    Boat:
    18'5" Livingston Sport Twin 60s
    Need a freshwater licesne and a Lake Wilson access pass (total 15 bucks at Walmart and other places - rules say you need to wear a life jacket even if fishing from the shore but most people do not). All the bass are mandatory catch and release so your plan is right and nobody I know would eat anything from there anyway (water is nasty). Peacocks are fun to catch. 6 lb ish flouro is best, small red circle hooks with live bait (caught or feeder goldfish) work best tho some are tempted on flyes. Finicky feeders since there is alot of food for them there. No boats to rent although there are some guides for 300 a day that always catch. Most shore fish or use kayaks if you don't have a small bass boat. Right by Schofield is a walk down area, very steep banks though and many fish by the dock itself in Wahiawa. Good luck, lots of fun when they bite. Also some catfish and talilapia bite on the same bait. More info at this site. Welcome to Hawaii Bass Fishing: The best fishing in Hawaii.. Aloha, Mike

3. jagerhunchback

jagerhunchback MCLMM

sometimes oahu.....mostly iraq occasionally afghan
    Name:
    mike
    Boat:
    25 ft powercat "Crazy Haole"