brantc

Ranchero
May 15, 2004
crown point
Name
Brant
Boat
whichever one will have me
So I'm thinking of renting a house boat this summer at one of these places. I've never done it and looking for suggestions on which lake and house boat charter company. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

TUNA VIKING

TIGHT LINES..............
Nov 25, 2008
TO FAR FROM THE OCEAN
Name
JOHN
Boat
SOLD IT
Try the KSL.COM Classified adds there is a section for boat time shares. Most of them are on lake powell and they are alot better deal than the marinas. Also you can talk people down on the price. The marinas like antelope point are expensive but are nice boats I think there web sight is Foreverhouseboats.com There is two more marinas on that side of the lake but I dont know if they do rentals. Hope this helps. Bring a fishing pole the striper fishing is heating up this year and will only get better.

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
I have done Mead on a house boat.......one of the best times I've ever had.....I think Powell would be even better!.......

pura vida

Pura Vida II
Jan 29, 2005
Murrieta
Name
Gene Miller
Boat
Pura Vida II, 500 mile range
Both Lakes are fun and Lake Meade is closer, but Powell is much larger.

There are plenty of house boats on line.

umoa

silent
Feb 28, 2006
unknown
Name
jimmy
Boat
18' starcraft "big knockers"
they pretty much have 2 companies, one with the old boats (better for fishing but less comfortable) and the other with the blue/white boats, way more comfortable but less fishing space. for leisure, go with the blue/white boats hand down, fishing, go with the older walk arounds.

Blackfish

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 20, 2005
Monroeville
Name
Boat
toy
Lake Powell is further, but worth the drive IMO, much better scenery and not anywhere near as HOT as Mead gets in the summer....the heat at MEAD is almost unbearable at times..even when you are in the water. You will use your AC 24 7 and burn through the gas fast. $$$$$$