Vegas Stacy

Almost A Member
Dec 12, 2013
Las Vegas
Name
Stacy Sanderson
Boat
16' Tracker Fish Addit
Went out today for a little relaxing with dad. The fish cooperated for a little but then got lock jaw. We caught 15 or so Stripers and kept 8. The biggest one was about 3 pounds. Can't wait for the water to start cooling down so the Big Boys will come out to play. It was a beautiful day out here on the Desert Lake.

2014-10-05 11.52.31.jpg

Reactions: Blackfish
Upvote 0

aquasport18

aquasport18
Jul 30, 2012
san diego ca 92117
Name
the brusier
Boat
21 ft stealh vip cc.
NICE , there is something about that lake , I stay at temple bar go 2 times a year for ten days , was there june 8 to the 18th , and the large mouths were nesting inches from the shore . saw 15 pnders . so many bass . caught more on plastics from the shore than the boat . so peaceful there . when will the big stripers start biting what month . dont want to miss it where do u all stay lodge t bar is 50 bucks a night for cabin nice cooking 2 beds in one lrg room and so quiet . luv an fishes to all b

Reactions: Vegas Stacy
Upvote 0

Vegas Stacy

Almost A Member
Dec 12, 2013
Las Vegas
Name
Stacy Sanderson
Boat
16' Tracker Fish Addit
NICE , there is something about that lake , I stay at temple bar go 2 times a year for ten days , was there june 8 to the 18th , and the large mouths were nesting inches from the shore . saw 15 pnders . so many bass . caught more on plastics from the shore than the boat . so peaceful there . when will the big stripers start biting what month . dont want to miss it where do u all stay lodge t bar is 50 bucks a night for cabin nice cooking 2 beds in one lrg room and so quiet . luv an fishes to all b
Living here in Vegas I think we take the great fishing for granted. I don't fish for Largemouth much. This year has been killer for the Smallmouth. I have caught a few over 5 pounds out near Temple Bar. The Larger Striper's are out there now. Just need to find the deep water they are in. Once the water cools to the 60's they move up. I have the big baits ready for them this year.

Upvote 0
Nov 7, 2010
Houston/Texas/USA
Name
Frederick
Went out today for a little relaxing with dad. The fish cooperated for a little but then got lock jaw. We caught 15 or so Stripers and kept 8. The biggest one was about 3 pounds. Can't wait for the water to start cooling down so the Big Boys will come out to play. It was a beautiful day out here on the Desert Lake.

View attachment 547978
How do you fish for stripers on lake mead?
Thanks

Reactions: Vegas Stacy
Upvote 0

Vegas Stacy

Almost A Member
Dec 12, 2013
Las Vegas
Name
Stacy Sanderson
Boat
16' Tracker Fish Addit
How do you fish for stripers on lake mead?
Thanks
There are several way. Typically I like to catch live Shad and use them. It always seems to work the best. I will also troll deep diving crank baits, Sassy Shads, or throw top water lures when they are boiling. You can also chum with and use frozen Anchovies. If anyone is coming over just let me know and I will let you know whats working best at that time.

Upvote 0

Vegas Stacy

Almost A Member
Dec 12, 2013
Las Vegas
Name
Stacy Sanderson
Boat
16' Tracker Fish Addit
COOL and thanks alot for the info , catching shad ,throw net or find them bait a cage . best way to catch shad . meter em shallow water,? .thanks for info . b
We can use up to a 4" cast net. The shad are starting to move into the shallows. The best area to catch them is up by Vegas Wash. Then we head out and start looking for schools. If you stop on a school and dont get bit right away move on. Just have to find the right school. When you do it gets pretty crazy. Soon we will start Trolling the Larger shad for the Big Boys. Then it gets really fun.

Upvote 0