Lahaina Harbor, Maui

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by Startmeup, May 18, 2010.

1. Startmeup

Startmeup Official Sponsor of Bloodydecks Advertiser

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Start Me Up Sportfishing
    Aloha from Start Me Up Sportfishing

May is half over and the whales have become scarce but not the fish. Large tuna have been sited and onos are abound as well as mahis. Join us on looking at our anglers and their catch.

[​IMG]
    Seven mahis and tunas for all. No other explanation is necessary for this successful fishing trip that included anglers AB Hollowell, Chapppie Cook, Scott Vawter and Elizabeth Grommer.
    [​IMG]
    Chappie Cook and AB Hollowell giving us a look at the largest mahi of their catch.
    [​IMG]
    Weighing in at 125 pounds of mouth watering freshness. Forrest Dolph with Sarah, Jeremy and Randall Kelley boated these 6 mahis and 1 ono.
    [​IMG]
    Family excursion or catching trip? I think the latter. Scott, John and Roberta Lovald brought in 4 mahis, 2 weighing in at over 30 pounds a piece. Two tunas were caught 1 was 42 pounds.
    [​IMG]
    On a 2 hour afternoon trip Andrew Sailors and Brittany StClair caught this mahi just outside Lahaina Harbor.
    [​IMG]
    6 hours 2 onos and a mahi later Shane Buckby, Jessica Cooper and Rich Cotler ended their exciting day on the water.
    [​IMG]
    Kelly Shooks 35 pound mahi was quite the trophy of the day following close behind was Steve Tiptons 2 mahis and a tuna.
    [​IMG]
    Adam Lustigs largest mahi of the day weighed in at 40 pounds.
    [​IMG]
    As Adam shows the rest of his mahis, the tunas he caught get hung. A couple weighed up to 20 pounds each.
    [​IMG]
    Robert Loughran, David Anderson, Steve Gregory, Randy Kellems and Iris Morgan fished Nassau buoy and brought in mahis, ono and ahis. They all came back winners.
    [​IMG]
    Ben Hoyer brought in this 20 pound mahi and was eager to share his catch with his friends, the barbeque was already hot.
    [​IMG]
    The one that got away. The banana jinx. Although Chad Prye, Dave Sternitzke , Ron Goleno and Doug Sayers brought in these 4 onos ranging in weight from 21 to 26 pounds they wont soon forget the mahi that after being reeled in, gaffed and unhooked was able to get the transom door open and escape to freedom. As they all stood by one angler said to the others “I told you not to bring those bananas.”
    [​IMG]
    Careful not to touch the teeth, Michael Bono holds his 22 pound ono caught on a 6 hour trip with Team Start Me Up.
    [​IMG]
    6 mahis, 6 tunas and 3 onos later Jeremy and Tara Finegan, Dennis Sprague and David Evans came in from another successful early morning trip with Team Start Me Up.
    [​IMG]
    Onos have definitely made their way to the front of the catch. This 25 pounder was caught by Avram Biondo on a 4 hour afternoon shared trip.
    [​IMG]
    Almost as important as the catch, is the rapport that develops between captain and crew and the anglers, as seen here with The Browns from Texas.
    [​IMG]
    This large mahi took Jennifer Browns breath away. With the help of her husband Brent they were able to show us her impressive catch.
    [​IMG]
    Shown here the Browns lay the rest of their catch on ice to insure its freshness.

In conclusion to this post we at Start Me Up Sportfishing would like to take this opportunity to congratulate all are anglers on their catch and thank them for choosing us to help make their Maui vacation memorable.
    Mahalo, Burger

2. Sam Seafood

Sam Seafood Newbie

Name:
    Sam Seafood
    Boat:
    (1) Form fitted sanding block
    Great report and pics!Aloha

3. navyaircrew

navyaircrew Newbie

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    2001 Pro-Line 20 Walk
    Why is that the non-believers of "the banana rule" still bring them, yet are soon believers towards the end of the trip! Nice fish, but when i got to the banana part, i was like, are you sh!ttin me....

4. Startmeup

Startmeup Official Sponsor of Bloodydecks Advertiser

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Start Me Up Sportfishing
    Why mess with the banana god?Leave em on the dock!Doug

5. jagerhunchback

jagerhunchback MCLMM

sometimes oahu.....mostly iraq occasionally afghan
    Name:
    mike
    Boat:
    25 ft powercat "Crazy Haole"
  6. fishtrax

fishtrax SWBA_65

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    BostonWhaler_150
    great report mahalo

7. navyaircrew

navyaircrew Newbie

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    2001 Pro-Line 20 Walk
    Mike.. that's f'n funny right there man... how in the world do you search for something like that? HAHAHAHAHAHA

8. JWAHOO

JWAHOO Newbie

Name:
    JT
    Boat:
    65 Viking