Lahaina Harbor, Maui May Conclusion

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by Startmeup, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Startmeup

Startmeup Official Sponsor of Bloodydecks Advertiser

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Start Me Up Sportfishing
    Aloha and Welcome to May in Maui. Memories of early morning departures with breathtaking views of islands and water in the distance. The serenity in watching the sun coming up over the mountains and the excitement as you head out on your fishing adventure soon to come.

[​IMG]
    Jackie Waltman tried her hand at fishing and brought in this 23 pound mahi.
    [​IMG]
    On this 6 hour charter Sean and Michelle Beskid boated a 29 pound mahi.
    [​IMG]
    Sushi was all Jaye Delpech could think of as he brought in this 25 pound tuna.
    [​IMG]
    9 hours of excitement and the thrill of landing 3 mahis and 12 tunas had Jim and Jamie Hoy and Shane Mackenzie believing they were kids in a candy store.
    [​IMG]
    These 3 onos never had a chance with Joe Broyles, Gerald Hynson and Luke Teleske at the reels. They each brought in onos weighing 20 plus pounds on this 6 hour charter.
    [​IMG]
    Where’s Irv? This 100 pound tuna caught Irv Crump by surprise.
    [​IMG]
    It was Tuna Day. Ben Leiser, Brian Ferguson, Kaytee Brown, Andrew Jordan and Berno Krause landed 10 nice size tunas on their early morning trip with Team Start Me Up.
    [​IMG]
    After witnessing the bite go off on a nearby boat Bill Hahn jumped into action and reeled in this fine ono.
    [​IMG]
    Onos have been leading the pack in the number caught this month. Tricia and Frank Still will attest to this with their ono caught on a morning 6 hour charter.
    [​IMG]
    Wesley, Mike and Kevin Jordan along with Jason Moody, Ronnie Taylor and Andrew Walker brought in these 2 onos on their 8 hour charter.
    [​IMG]
    The bite started at just before first light on this 9 hour charter. Charlie, Gary and John Collins with Erik Bruun and Luke Engel caught 7 tunas and a mahi.
    [​IMG]
    Successful Six. Connie Pratek and Ted McGinnis showing 1 of their 3 mahis caught at K buoy on this 6 hour charter.
    [​IMG]
    Check out the stripes on this 30 pound ono caught by Sammy Hebert.
    [​IMG]
    Here are the mahis, 6 mahis and 1 ono later Peter Davies, Mike Stumpf, Jeremy Pritchett, Rich and Jeremy Moline and Jason Parker concluded their 8 hour charter, a successful day on the water.
    [​IMG]
    9 tunas that’s a lot of sushi. Rick and Susan Cooper had a fabulous 9 hour charter.
    [​IMG]
    Mike and Drew Welch seen here with their 22 pound ono caught on a 6 hour shared trip with Team Start Me Up.
    [​IMG]
    Carrie and Rob Johnson and Annie and Mork Chulack made sportfishing with Start Me Up part of their most important things to do on Maui. They were rewarded for their choice by catching this 24 pound mahi on an afternoon 4 hour charter.
    [​IMG]
    Mindy Campbell proudly shows her 15 pound ono caught on a 4 hour shared charter.
    [​IMG]
    Mark Nichols shown here with mahi and tuna caught on an early morning action packed trip.
    [​IMG]
    Tiffany Hesser with a nice 30 pound mahi and some small tuna that made her fishing experience a success.
    [​IMG]
    Stephen and Kimberly Brothers were on an early morning shared trip that resulted in a 30 plus pound mahi and some nice size tunas.
    [​IMG]
    The Rittenback and Catalano Families 6 hour charter bagged them 2 nice 24 and 20 pound onos.
    [​IMG]
    Lindsay and Matt Henschel with Lindsays 20 pound ono caught on a 6 hour shared trip.
    [​IMG]
    Rachel VanAlstyk shown here with some of her tunas and really happy with her catch.
    [​IMG]
    Barney Bjermiland and Gary Ducommun brought in a good size ono and some small mahis. The crew filleted them all and Barney and Gary had quite the barbeque.
    [​IMG]
    Martin, Michael and Dylan Busch along with Lindsay Clost and Scott Cresap had quite the frenzy aboard their charter. Six of these onos were hooked up at once and they were able to boat them all. They still had plenty of energy left to bring in 2 mahis to add to their catch.
    [​IMG]
    Almost an ono an hour. The Jurlina Family scored with these three onos on their 4 hour charter.
    [​IMG]
    Roger Templeton hooked up to this 18 pound ono just outside the Lahaina Harbor.
    [​IMG]
    Brian Dwyer Jr. had his brother Matthew help him hold up his 25 pound mahi.
    [​IMG]
    Dimitri Mironov and Sergei Litrinov had their families stan with them as they admired their 2 onos caught at The Lighthouse.
    [​IMG]
    Brandon Sawyers 20 pound ono wrapped up his 6 hour charter with a bow. He had it filleted and everyone took part in its consumption.

This concludes our May fishing experiences and we hope that those of you that haven’t yet had the chance to fish with us will soon make your way to Maui and join in on the fun.

Mahalo, Burger

2. surftrout

surftrout Newbie

Name:
    Leo
    Boat:
    WS Ride 135
    Looks like good times. I just booked the wife and I on a 9 hour trip this coming monday. I will be sure to post up a report with tons of pics when I get back to Texas.

3. Sam Seafood

Sam Seafood Newbie

Name:
    Sam Seafood
    Boat:
    (1) Form fitted sanding block
    Thanks for the report & pics!Aloha

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

4. navyaircrew

navyaircrew Newbie

Name:
    Scott
    Boat:
    2001 Pro-Line 20 Walk
    nice fishing dudes...

5. Stink Finger

Stink Finger Newbie

Name:
    Stink Finger
    Boat: