Lahaina Harbor Maui, Hawaii, September 30,2009

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by Startmeup, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Startmeup

Startmeup Official Sponsor of Bloodydecks Advertiser

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Start Me Up Sportfishing
    Fishing from Lahaina Maui September 1st to the 28th is great for Mahi-mahi and Ono.

[​IMG]
    Rigo, Jerry, George, Kali, Randy left at 3am for a day of Mahi fishing on the Start Me Up Action.
    [​IMG]
    David Mackamul with a bag full of Mahi-Mahi’s out on the 9 hour Action trip.
    [​IMG]
    David Reed, Wayne Young, Hector Garcia and Adrian Navarro had their hands full with this catch of Mahi’s aboard the Start Me Up Action with Capt. P. Rick.
    [​IMG]
    Craig Beckman, Nick Ochs, James Charehsazan, Syed Azhar, Amir Charehsazen, David Beckman with the catch of the day out on the early morning trip on the Start Me Up Action.
    [​IMG]
    Nick, Karyn, Katey and Dan Scheoenberger caught 15 mahi-mahi out fishing with Capt. Randy on the Start Me Up “Das It”
    [​IMG]
    Katsuhiro Susuki with this 15 pound Ono caught on the Start Me Up Cuz.
    [​IMG]
    Eric Hoff, Todd Neaves, Mitch Neaves, Danny Gemmell, Nick Peszel Got out with The Start Me Up Action team for this great day of action.
    [​IMG]
    Steve Goetz with a nice 20 pound Mahi on the Start Me Up Das It.
    [​IMG]
    Aaron Hixson, Dan Orme, Steve Goetz, Terry Marren had a fun day catching these Mahi-Mahi’s fishing with Capt. Randy on the Das it.
    [​IMG]
    Gary Hansen, Mary Kay Oleniacz, Rick and Jamie Pine in from a day out on the Start Me Up Action.
    [​IMG]
    Melody Rhoda and Ronald Williams holding up a couple of the fish they caught on the 9 hour early morning Action trip.
    [​IMG]
    Jaimie Newman giving this 35 pound Bull Mahi some love with Tom Hohman holding it at bay.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa Ross, Ryan Molland, Wayne Trujillo and friends out fishing with Capt. Mark on the Action 9 hour trip.
    [​IMG]
    Jim and Marilyn Clarke had a trip of a lifetime catching 45 mahi-mahi on that 3:30am departure aboard Start Me Up Action.
    [​IMG]
    Nice Job! Jennifer Farr out with Capt. Ryan on the Start Me Up La Dat caught herself a nice 25 pound Mahi.
    [​IMG]
    Jay Affeld and friend with a couple of Mahi’s and even a Rainbow Runner out fishing with Capt. Timster on the Start Me Up One.
    [​IMG]
    Tim Birk, Bill and Anna Fosmire, Linda Harter got onboard the” Action” early bird trip for this great day of catching mahi-mahi’s.
    [​IMG]
    Capt. Eric took Brian Widen out on the Start Me Up Cuz to grab this 43 pound Ono. Nice Fish Brah.
    [​IMG]
    Travis and Karla Cox, Ryan Yamaguchi, Dennis and Wayne Byrne, James Watkins with the morning catch report from the 9 hour Action trip.
    [​IMG]
    Ray Padilla, Jeremy and Gregg Wolff, Val Dziaema and Gabe Bilana found 14 mahi-mahi leaving early at 3am on the Start Me Up Action.
    [​IMG]
    Jennifer Daniels, Adam Arena, Chuck Kreiger and friend fishing with Capt. Randy on the Start Me Up Das It got this nice Ono for dinner.
    [​IMG]
    Mark Bertone and son had a real work out with this stringer of mahi’s on the Action 9 hour trip.
    [​IMG]
    Fresh out of the water Mahi-mahi for Frank Potter on the Start Me Up Action.
    [​IMG]
    Brittany Potter got her own on the 9 hour Action trip with Capt. Steve.
    [​IMG]
    Gary Hansen, Rick and Jamie Pine all hooked up on Mahi’s at the bouy early morning. Gotta love that Action Trip.
    [​IMG]
    Sunrise “Fish On” for Mary Kay Oleniacz aboard the Start Me Up Action. Where R U Guys?
    [​IMG]
    Mary Kay, Rick Pine and Gary Hansen coming home with Deckhand Jukka and a boat load of fish.
    [​IMG]
    Decky Brandon holding up David Johnsons' fresh Mahi on the Bloodydecks of the Start Me Up Action.
    [​IMG]
    Mark Bertone and Jukka with this gaffed mahi. Nice shot guys.
    [​IMG]
    Let’s not keep Debbie Bertone out on the Catching some for herself.
    [​IMG]
    Will Cunningham, Kevin Gualtieri, Robert Richmond, Wade Chiode and Holly Gartner with some beautiful Mahi- Mahi in hand. The gang’s all here.
    [​IMG]
    Adelne and Peter Bosin with a mahi-mahi before the sunrise. First kid to the cookie jar gets the cookies.
    [​IMG]
    Amber Schmidt weighed in a 574.7 pound Blue Marlin while out fishing with Capt. Randy “Bondo” Evans and deckhand Mike Tappero aboard the Start Me Up “Das It” This fish got Amber a free trip as Start Me Up gives the angler the trip for Free on Marlin over 500 pound. Great job Amber and team. (Photo courtesy Donnell Tate)

We look forward to seeing what the next month has in store for the Start Me Up Fishing team. Come join us soon. Aloha!

2. wisebob

wisebob Newbie

Name:
    bob
    Boat:
    smallsize kine
    Nice. Can you chase some of the mahi schools over here to Oahu? It's been pretty barren lately. How far out do you guys usually go for all the action?

bob

3. Ali

Ali Master of Nothing Admin

Name:
    That Guy
    Boat:
    31' Innovator
    That looks like ZERO fun.
    :D

4. Sam Seafood

Sam Seafood Newbie

Name:
    Sam Seafood
    Boat:
    (1) Form fitted sanding block
    Nice report and pics.Aloha

5. Tunahead

Tunahead Long Time Tuna Abused Member

Name:
    Ron
    Boat:
    several
    AWSOME REPORT EVERYONE....nice Mahi and a Ono TOO!

6. Nordhavn68

Nordhavn68 Newbie

Name:
    Justin
    Boat:
    The Reason
    Awsome fishing when its on! I went out of Lahaina a couple years ago on a buddys boat in Sept. and we got nailed by a big bull on a pink feather just as we cleared the harbor entrance bouy trolling. We were maybe in the boat for 8 minutes and lines in the water for maybe 2 minutes

7. Jason

Jason I break stuff @ BD Admin

Name:
    Jason
    A sea of green! I am sure there were no happy customers aboard on those trips. I wish we had that size Dorado in California!

8. Startmeup

Startmeup Official Sponsor of Bloodydecks Advertiser

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Start Me Up Sportfishing

9. Stink Finger

Stink Finger Newbie

Name:
    Stink Finger
    Boat:
    8' dingy
    Way to go bro.Keep up the reports and photo work.

10. Sam Seafood

Sam Seafood Newbie

Name:
    Sam Seafood
    Boat:
    (1) Form fitted sanding block
    How many fish did the older couple catch?Aloha

11. mrmahi

mrmahi Newbie

Name:
    mrmahi
    Boat:
    24' Glasply
    Dont know about the older couple, but the guys in the first pic ended up finding a net and put some 45-50 Mahi in the box....and had more mahi following them when they left. My friend is on the right in the pic....