Lahaina Harbor, Maui Hawaii-June 29, 2009

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by Startmeup, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Startmeup

Startmeup Official Sponsor of Bloodydecks Advertiser

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Start Me Up Sportfishing
    Aloha from Everyone at Start Me Up!
    May turned out to be exceptional fishing and the following photos represent some of our catch.
    [​IMG]
    Bill Hunt grabbed this 60 pound Tuna out at JJ bouy with the Action Team. Lot’s of Sushi for the family picnic.
    [​IMG]
    Kristen and Paul Borko left Lahaina at 3:30am to get a jump on the rest of the fleet to find a boat load of Tunas with Capt. Patrick.
    [​IMG]
    Fritz Hoffman and Chad Hamilton fought, tagged and released a 300 pound Blue Marlin caught 2 miles behind LA bouy on an “Elkins Jr. Popsickle” lure. Way to go guys!!
    [​IMG]
    Diane Coffin caught this 25 pound Mahi-Mahi all by herself out with Capt Eric on the Start Me Up CUZ. Even the girls get Lucky once in awhile.
    [​IMG]
    Derek Masten, Frank Lopez, Loren Masten with the days catch from a 6 hour morning trip aboard the Start Me Up Das It with Capt Evans.
    [​IMG]
    Ron and Annie May, Dan Simpson with Capt Whaleshark with this nice 34# Ono onboard the Start Me Up “Cuz”
    [​IMG]
    Ken Hsiao and Jessica Kaly from Danville CA got this beautiful 45# Spearfish with Capt Ryan on Start Me Up La Dat. Nice one for the wall at home gang.
    [​IMG]
    Jacqueline Smojver got to reel in her own dinner with a 22# Mahi-mahi. She even cooks her own too!!
    [​IMG]
    Capt Al back from Alaska took Alex Shikhanov out for a warm water Mahi adventure. Hooked them up, eh, brah?
    [​IMG]
    Steve Dion and Scott MacKensie found two good Ono’s right outside town with Capt Timster on the Start Me Up.
    [​IMG]
    Mike Jones and his son Cole with a real sweet Ono caught on the Action. Small guys with Big Fish. You have to love that.
    [​IMG]
    Rob Stout and Kate Meadows got this 36# Ono while out on the 9 hour early morning Start Me Up Action trip.
    [​IMG]
    Sarah Asher, Ron Black John James Rob Stout and Kate meadows had a fun-filled day catching 11 Ono’s with the Start Me Up Action Boys.
    [​IMG]
    Byron and Brandi Goodman found some fun in the sun catching this Ono.
    [​IMG]
    Out for a 6 hour trip on the Start Me Up Das It. Myrna Gardner, Elsiha and Rob Mykoff, Terri Patrick and Dale Fry each reached out and gave these 5 Ono’s some Love.
    [​IMG]
    Sometimes it doesn't take long to catch an Ono, Trevor Francis caught this one on a 4 hour afternoon trip. [​IMG]
    Leaving Lahaina at 3 am pays off sometimes when everyone gets a Tuna for the dinner table. Great job to Jim Farinacci, Brian Glad and Kevin Mc Daniels.
    [​IMG]
    Johns Woods, Doug Levy, and Ryan Rowe with some great Ono fishing on the Start Me Up with Capt. Tim.
    [​IMG]
    Capt Whaleshark took Joel Miller out for a quick Ono run outside the Harbor in Lahaina.
    [​IMG]
    Jon Wilson booked the Action for a 9 hour trip and had a great day catching some Tuna. This one was 50 pounds.
    [​IMG]
    Kevin Ham and Mike Ham teamed up with Lori and John Clements to have a wonderful time catching Ahi Tunas, Mahi-mahi and Ono’s. Wish you were there?

May fishing was one of the best for Ono’s in a long time. Also plenty of Ahi’s and Mahi-Mahi’s came in. Hope to see you out with us soon!!!
    Thanks for reading our post.

2. Ali

Ali Master of Nothing Admin

Name:
    That Guy
    Boat:
    31' Innovator
    Look at all those Skinnys!

Nice work.

3. Waiohinu Lawaia

Waiohinu Lawaia dabuggashakeshakehenohemo

Name:
    Jason
    Boat:
    Sold it
    Some nice blues you got there!!! They sure are chunky!!!

4. Sam Seafood

Sam Seafood Newbie

Name:
    Sam Seafood
    Boat:
    (1) Form fitted sanding block
    Thanks for the report and pics.Aloha

5. SEA SEVEN

SEA SEVEN Newbie

Name:
    None
    Boat:
    None
    Do you sell fresh fish? I will be there (Kihei) for the entire month of July maybe till August, rented a place with full kitchen. No time for fishing.

Joe

6. Startmeup

Startmeup Official Sponsor of Bloodydecks Advertiser

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Start Me Up Sportfishing

7. Jason

Jason I break stuff @ BD Admin

Name:
    Jason
    Looks like plenty of eats in Lahaina!

8. Stink Finger

Stink Finger Newbie

Name:
    Stink Finger
    Boat:
    8' dingy
    You guys do tag marlin.The ono bite looks good.Would like to see more girls on your reports.later