Laguna Shark Diving, 1/14

MarktheShark56

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 14, 2014
Name
Mark
Boat
Skipjack 22
"Cage goes in the water? You go in the water? Shark's in the water? OUR shark?....Farewell and adieu all you fair Spanish ladies, farewell and adieu all you ladies of Spain...."

BiggestT

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
PVC Cage Diving: Bending reality for a snippet of fun.

May 13, 2004
Long Beach and points due west
Name
Bob Ballew
Boat
2520 Parker with twin 200 Yamahas
It is all fun, until it isn't....Having survived two shark attacks while free diving, I can speak with some authority...I still hold the CA F&W record for Blue sharks when a 9 and half footer came straight up at me off Santa Cruz Island...I dove on him (better to be under so you can move quicker) and we met head on about 10' down....most sharks spook when you charge them...this one didn't ....I speared him between the eyes and the shaft didn't even clear the gun....after the battle, I looked at my bent in half heat treated 3/8" diameter stainless steel shaft and noted teeth marks imbedded into the steel...
...Then, there was the 15' great white that came in on me at Church Rock while free diving...he followed me up to a nearby kelp bed and actually broke the surface, looking for the scared as hell diver quaking just inside the kelp line 8 feet away...the last thought in my mind was putting a shaft into that jumbo size fish with my pea shooter big game gun....
Moral: walk soft in the ocean but carry large caliber hard steel at all times....

A man who claims no fear of the ocean is either a fool, or lacks experience...or....both...
....another useless Bob platitude

Last edited:
Reactions: One_Leg

shyliner626

TOADSTOADSONLY
Dec 6, 2005
Newport Beach
www.facebook.com
Name
Jonathan
Boat
Trophy Pro 2302WA , Hobie Pro Angler 12
Could you please post a pic of how the cage looks out of the water? In the meantime I will go grab a box of popcorn.

makairaa

May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
I guess if this post is back the fishing season must be officially over.

Reactions: One_Leg

Let em eat 74

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 12, 2016
Irvine
Name
Kevin
Boat
Whichever1is leaving
I've read this post a couple times and it still makes me chuckle. I think it should be made of ABS so you have a place to shit when it breaks wide open.

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
I'm picturing a Law and Order: Criminal Intent episode.

"She's the one who wanted dive in the cage! I swear I didn't know it was that time of the month".

Last edited:

marlyn

Dec 18, 2005
oak hills
Name
mark
Boat
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
It is all fun, until it isn't....Having survived two shark attacks while free diving, I can speak with some authority...I still hold the CA F&W record for Blue sharks when a 9 and half footer came straight up at me off Santa Cruz Island...I dove on him (better to be under so you can move quicker) and we met head on about 10' down....most sharks spook when you charge them...this one didn't ....I speared him between the eyes and the shaft didn't even clear the gun....after the battle, I looked at my bent in half heat treated 3/8" diameter stainless steel shaft and noted teeth marks imbedded into the steel...
...Then, there was the 15' great white that came in on me at Church Rock while free diving...he followed me up to a nearby kelp bed and actually broke the surface, looking for the scared as hell diver quaking just inside the kelp line 8 feet away...the last thought in my mind was putting a shaft into that jumbo size fish with my pea shooter big game gun....
Moral: walk soft in the ocean but carry large caliber hard steel at all times....

A man who claims no fear of the ocean is either a fool, or lacks experience...or....both...
....another useless Bob platitude
This is a classic post because a guy named "one leg"liked it,the irony..

Blackfish

Fishing, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.
Sep 20, 2005
In a Pineapple, under the sea.
Name
Lee Obvious
Boat
50' Hatteras
rodngun.....i would like to offer my services to you. i have a matal fabrication bussiness and would build you a cage free of charge (labor free, you pay for materials) i'm a diver and have been in a shark cage before, so i am familar with this type of project. why would i do this? guess you could say i'm "paying it forward" good luck to you!!!

was this offer ever taken?

Reactions: rodngun762

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
was this offer ever taken?
no sir. he never hit me up to do it. i've been thinking about a shark dive trip again myself. the trips to GUADALUPE are supposed be awesome, but very pricey. i just keep playing the lotto, maybe someday.

kindafishy

Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
my kids and i would dig the orcas.....can you keep me in the loop if you see them again??? please pm me!!!! i love that shit.