Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
  • Feb 27, 2012
    The Salt
    Name
    Rod
    Boat Name
    22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
    ladner-weighted-shrimp-pot-large_23.jpg
    Anyone used these much? it looks pretty efficient, I am using the big square ones now and they are a pain.
    my concern here is that my pots come back pretty beat up looking I'm afraid the mesh on these might tear and poof there go your shrimp?
    anyone got experience with these in the strait? my pots get pretty beat:)

Upvote 0

Duramax2500

Aug 6, 2010
    Puyallup, WA
    Name
    Mike
    Boat Name
    Defiance Admiral 220 EX "Tunaholic"
    I've been using them for 5 seasons now and no issues. I like them because they don't require additional weight (39" pot) and stack inside of each other. Oh, and they catch shrimp! Have no experience with them in the straits though.

Reactions: goatram
    Upvote 0

Willapa

• Mar 7, 2008
    Everett, WA
    Name
    Stu
    Boat Name
    24' North River Seahawk O/S
    I've been using them for 5 seasons now and no issues. I like them because they don't require additional weight (39" pot) and stack inside of each other. Oh, and they catch shrimp! Have no experience with them in the straits though.

This ^. been using them for about 8 years and haven't looked back. I have used them at Lawson reef with no issues.

Reactions: goatram
    Upvote 0

Fishwacker1

Jul 8, 2016
    Lyman
    Name
    Rodney
    Boat Name
    Western Quest 27 North River Offshore
    They are good pots. They are what I use in the juans. If your not shrimping in the canal you better add weight to your pots including these ones. I use a collapsible anchor with 5' of rope tied to the bottom of these. Besides that a moving pot does not fish worth a shit.

Upvote 0

Salmon King

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Mar 29, 2013
    Everett, WA, USA
    Name
    Tim
    Boat Name
    Salmon King 21' Custom Pilothouse
    The stacking is a great feature. I am able to fit the entire stack of pots into the cuddy and I can stack all of the buoys right inside.

They flat out catch shrimp. Stuff a bunch of bait inside (wet, dry, and fish scraps) and they will fill quick. We had one last year that had 250 shrimp in under an hour.

I've had no issues with tears.

Reactions: JZGrowler
    Upvote 0

Hewes OP

Night Crawlers & Powerbait Baby!!
    Apr 2, 2010
    Arlington, WA
    Name
    Geoff
    Boat Name
    Hewes OceanPro "TIN-ASS-CITY" & Starcraft 1648 Mod V for the ducks
    Not the only choice but the best choice.
    Photo May 14, 11 56 36 AM.jpg
    Shrimp Pot.jpg

These are 9 years old now and I have never torn one on the bottom. I did have a mouse chew one just mended it with some cord. They get used a lot as shrimping is one of my families favorite pastimes. the top picture is about 120-150 in the pot and the bottom pic is 200+.

Reactions: Salmon King
    Upvote 0

Wild Bill

Not Blackmouthing
    Aug 4, 2010
    Camano Island
    Name
    Steve
    Boat Name
    Otter Craft
    Ladners and the eclipse stealth pots both fish great but some of the bigger pots that have ramp entrances rather than tunnels fish better on a short soak. Ladners rule for stacking! If you want traps that catch prawns faster so you can get back to the dock and get pissed eh, then get the ramp style. This just for our Canuck friends.

My motto is get drunk not pissed.

Upvote 0

EJ Swanny

Three Generations of Uff-Dah
    Nov 30, 2010
    Redondo/WA
    Name
    Erik
    Boat Name
    "Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
    They are good pots. They are what I use in the juans. If your not shrimping in the canal you better add weight to your pots including these ones. I use a collapsible anchor with 5' of rope tied to the bottom of these. Besides that a moving pot does not fish worth a shit.

I fish the Jauns for shrimp every year as well (except for last year when the bastards closed the season early). I also use the small anchors with about 5-6' of line. I am starting to wonder....I know it is helpful, but last time I shrimped the anchor got hung up. I could not get the pot off the bottom, finally, I had to cleat it to the boat, and prayed the anchor line would give before the main line. Luckily, that happened......I was fishing big tides (had no choice) so maybe that was how the anchor got hung up, but I'm a bit leary of anchors now...

I would love to get Landers, already invested in other types...so maybe down the road.......

Be safe all...Swanny

Upvote 0

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
  • Apr 3, 2008
    Stanwood, WA
    Name
    grrrrrrrr
    Boat Name
    33' RBW MISS ELIZA
    Fish Ladners not the ones that try to trick you.

Kafi Pots use the term Ladners Like. They are not Ladners. The are smaller and the netting used gives off a sent that the shrimp don't like. If you have them already. Go soak them in the salt for awhile.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

gabe0308

Jul 25, 2008
    B'ham WA
    Name
    Gabe
    Boat Name
    SAANAUK' (SEASPORT 24XL), Tlingit Princess (20' Wooldridge Sport Offshore)
    I fish the Jauns for shrimp every year as well (except for last year when the bastards closed the season early). I also use the small anchors with about 5-6' of line. I am starting to wonder....I know it is helpful, but last time I shrimped the anchor got hung up. I could not get the pot off the bottom, finally, I had to cleat it to the boat, and prayed the anchor line would give before the main line. Luckily, that happened......I was fishing big tides (had no choice) so maybe that was how the anchor got hung up, but I'm a bit leary of anchors now...

I would love to get Landers, already invested in other types...so maybe down the road.......

Be safe all...Swanny

Tie to the bottom of the small anchor and the zip tie to the anchor shaft. If the anchor gets stuck pull hard and the zip ties break and the you pull the anchor from the bottom.

Upvote 0