PENN

radman

Jun 10, 2006
escondido
Name
Darrin
Boat
Stringari
Everybody figured out that many reports create lobster hype that encourages more hooping, more newbs, more regulations/laws.
That is actually pretty funny...we were all newbies once,and I doubt that by posting a report,it will lead to a newbie running down and buying 500 bucks in gear,then spend countless hours to catch a few lobster,when it is obvious that they are a very healthy population from 5ft to at least 175ft deep....No one ever wanted to show me anything,and about 8 years ago,but I learned,and would never discourage any newbie from trying.We have ate lobster 4 nights in a row,and are done for a while,so I hope others go get em instead of the comercial guys.

Upvote 0

Sofia Rose

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 28, 2003
San Diego
Visit site
Name
Lee Maio
Boat
37' Riviera
Ran to Avalon for the weekend with hopes of catching bugs.....bonitos were everywhere and east to catch...

IMG_2866.jpg IMG_3215.jpg IMG_2900.JPG-4.jpeg

Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
That is actually pretty funny...we were all newbies once,and I doubt that by posting a report,it will lead to a newbie running down and buying 500 bucks in gear,then spend countless hours to catch a few lobster,when it is obvious that they are a very healthy population from 5ft to at least 175ft deep....No one ever wanted to show me anything,and about 8 years ago,but I learned,and would never discourage any newbie from trying.We have ate lobster 4 nights in a row,and are done for a while,so I hope others go get em instead of the comercial guys.
So have you posted your report with details or even numbers on where you caught them ? After all the internet couldnt possibly be a reason its a zoo now and the fishing is not improving.

Upvote 0

radman

Jun 10, 2006
escondido
Name
Darrin
Boat
Stringari
Of course I will not give anyone exact spots,but I do tell everyone that I fish the bay 95 % of the time,and the other 5% off the green tanks...I also tell them that where you can catch a bass,lobster will be there.no rocket science there.I have at least 8 spots in the bay that produce,and all of them are spots where I rarely see other boats.If someone wants to put the time and effort in to be on the water,then by all means,go for it.I think that the size limit will keep the population alive for many years to come.I fished a spot saturday that gave us 196 lobster over the last 3 years,and it still gave up 12 on saturday,that averaged 3 lbs apiece.I think the population is healthy.

Upvote 0

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    1. This is a site for fishing reports - including lobsters
    2. I have never seen a post with exact area or GPS numbers
    3. It's the commercial guys that get most of the bugs.
    4. It seems some people like to get info but never give any out
    5. EVERYONE was a newb at first
    6. No one owns the ocean
    7. Have fun and enjoy your catch

That is all.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Lundalakan
    Upvote 0

live2fish

I've got bugs...
    Apr 3, 2005
    North OC
    Name
    Eric
    Boat
    14' livingston cat, 15’ radon, Parker 2320 @ez_sportfishing
    I post and share, if we don't keep people interested the products will taper off and you will be left to making your own.

Upvote 0

live2fish

I've got bugs...
    Apr 3, 2005
    North OC
    Name
    Eric
    Boat
    14' livingston cat, 15’ radon, Parker 2320 @ez_sportfishing
    That is correct but the support and all associated products were not

Improvements on the lay flat type hoop to a conical style wasn't

The memories kids are getting with their dads who wouldn't have known anything about hooping wouldn't be happening.. Just saying

Upvote 0

mullet

Metal Fabricator
    Jan 10, 2006
    Brookings Oregon
    Name
    mike
    Boat
    19"Gregor
    That is correct but the support and all associated products were not

Improvements on the lay flat type hoop to a conical style wasn't

The memories kids are getting with their dads who wouldn't have known anything about hooping wouldn't be happening.. Just saying
    Danielson was making conicals before promar was around.

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
    Apr 28, 2004
    CA.
    Name
    John Collar
    Boat
    Parker 2320
    Danielson was making conicals before promar was around.

Funny I find myself standing by your side on this one Brian, but I couldn't agree more. Something to be said about people that blatantly take the design of another product, make it their own, and pretend like nothing happened. Makes me sick!

Upvote 0