boatload

Fisherman
Sep 30, 2012
Oxnard /CA /USA
Name
Karl
Boat
1995 Crestliner Eagle 225
I just (on sunday) used the public boat launch ramp South Shore at Mission Bay, San Deigo and In the afternoon upon returning from fishing outside the bay I thought It would be smart to wash out my boat with fresh water I saw a (correction two) hose bibs next to, two rv waste water dumps started to pull my boat on trailer up next to one then I looked up and saw A sign saying that it is illegal to wash out boat here.
WTF!
I WASHED THE BOAT OUT ANY WAY , ARREST ME PLEASE !
may be it is just a misunderstanding it could be a free rv park with a convenience boat launch ramp?
And in the breezeway between the bath rooms there are stainless steel sinks with sign overhead no fish cleaning !
WHAT IS SO BAD ABOUT EITHER OF THESE ACTIVITIES ?

Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
you only get to use an unreasonable amount of water if you have a stupid fetish to chase white balls in a manicured park.You folks with lawns at home know how much it costs to keep them green in the summer but every hole on golf courses all over california are the size uses just as much water but they don't pay what it costs..sure some are recycled water but not as many as golfers will tell you

Upvote 0

Albiebac

Jul 23, 2004
Scripps Ranch
Name
Eric
Boat
25' Skipjack, Albiebac II
OK, here's one scenario, the two stroke outboard that barely runs and spews oil and fuel out the exhaust.....don't kill the messenger.

Reactions: plj46
Upvote 0

boatload

Fisherman
Sep 30, 2012
Oxnard /CA /USA
Name
Karl
Boat
1995 Crestliner Eagle 225
OK, here's one scenario, the two stroke outboard that barely runs and spews oil and fuel out the exhaust.....don't kill the messenger.
Yeah i agree with that but when I'm done using my boat and I pull it out of salt water I at least want to flush the salt water out of the engine as soon as I can, I live more than 100 miles away. I need to do this. My boat doesn't spew oil Out! And even if I was that guy I would do it at my house anyway into the street drain which leads to the ocean. Bottom line if there is fresh water hose bib there I'm going to use it Like I said please arrest me if this is illegal

Upvote 0

BigJoe

No fish in O'side
Dec 6, 2005
Vista
Name
Joe
Boat
26', Striper, Wage Burner
I know that sign has been there since that ramp opened, so there goes the drought idea...

I do know the O'side had to upgrade the system that handles the boat washout water runoff to make sure impurities were removed though. I do not believe SS has anything like that unless they have installed it recently.

Upvote 0

freegaff2

Aug 31, 2014
Name
Craig Simcox
Boat
none
when it's "free", everybody wastes it. I watch lake Oroville drop 1.5 to 2 feet a day...take your damn boat home, and use all the water you pay for that you want...taxpayers don't owe you a dime ;)

Reactions: plj46
Upvote 0

dktool

2459 Trophy Offshore
Aug 11, 2010
Covina, Ca.
Name
Dean
Boat
1989 Bayliner 2459 Trophy Off Shore
[QUOTE="boatload, post: 4151405, member: 160279] I saw a (correction two) hose bibs next to, two rv waste water dumps /QUOTE]

I think you answered your own question, it is a rv dump station, not a boat washing station.

Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
PLEASE EXPAND THIS AND READ IT, OTHER WISE.. YOUR DICK MAY FALL OFF

I'm just trying to get a reasonable logical answer to what is behind this crazy Sign!
"NO BOAT WASHING" "BOAT WASHING IS ILLEGAL"
All right fucker, you asked

All right, one of my favorite subjects.
I love San Diego.... But I hate the local government... Seriously, they will fuck you every way you can possibly imagine, and then a few that you can't.

Bottom line if there is fresh water hose bib there I'm going to use it Like I said please arrest me if this is illegal
Don't worry.... they won't arrest you... but they WILL IMPOUND your boat.... seen it happen many times

And even if I was that guy I would do it at my house anyway into the street drain which leads to the ocean.
If your "run off" water goes into the curb you will be fined $2500.00 If it makes it to the street drain then you are in serious trouble

Yeah i agree with that but when I'm done using my boat and I pull it out of salt water I at least want to flush the salt water out of the engine as soon as I can, I live more than 100 miles away.
:rofl::rofl: You so funny... me fuck you... long time HOLY SHIT.... WHAT? ARE YOU NEW??

DUDE, DUDE, DUDE.... You are talking about something that is logical... something involving COMMON SENSE, THE CLOSEST these people can come to that is talking common cents, as in how much they can fuck you out of.

Think about this.... not that I am one to complain, God forbid they may want to start kissing me when they fuck me.... I am sure you have heard we have a water shortage and the cost of water is always going up.. with your water bill is a charge for your sewer usage.. which is higher than the charge for water. I am a tax payer... and I do pay some taxes. these are local taxes that pay for all these things you see.. they put in the drain line and the water line, that I pay for, so the tourists can dump their shit for free and of course help themselves to as much water as they need, also free to them.... I am the one who is paying for it, but I can't use it or they will impound my boat. WHAT?? You don't see the logic in that?

Okay, okay.... the boat ramps are free and they have never had water at them and I am used to it... I also live ten minutes away

Check this out... they start talking about a problem with RV's taking up parking spaces in the beach area, Nomad RV's to be specific. They start talking about making them get a permit to park on the street over night and it has to be in front of their house. Sounds logical and makes sense the beach area is crowded and people should be able to park in front of their own house and these people don't live here, take care of those who do... right? Now when this law comes out it isn't just the beach area, it is city wide, and it isn't just for RV's it includes boats. I don't want this to get out but.. I do try to be considerate sometimes. Anyway, my tow vehicle is a toy... it has a race motor in it with headers and a radicle cam the carbs can't have a choke it would load up the plugs in a heart beat. the truck is loud, make the glass in your windows rattle loud, when it is cold and with this cam it doesn't idle, you have to keep reving it up. It's a 56, I put power steering in it, but only works when the vehicle is moving... the real bitch is the turning radius is about half as much as new trucks have... so while they could just pull right out of my yard... the 56 has to go forward, back up, go forward, back up, and then it can get out of the yard. Trust me, no one can sleep through that... and it is 3;30 to 4;00 am I know you wouldn't mind that, right? So I will park my boat and truck on the street in front of my house... that is registered items that are supposed to be able to park on any public street for 72 hrs. and this is in front of my own house for about four hours.... this way I can start my truck and idle down the street and not wake up the whole neighbor hood... of course if I get caught doing this it is $125.00 fine.

If you get a parking ticket for example... you can't register your car until it is paid... the city decided to go after the unpaid parking tickets... you found out about it when they started garnishing your wages.. of course these were paid, mine went back seven years and the original $ 10 fine was now $900 with penalties and interest, the ones I saw that made the news went back 12 years. I know, you have your receipt for a parking ticket you got 12 years ago... but most of us don't. I got really lucky, it was a slow day and I was flirting with the girl at the court and she went and made me a copy off of the fish tape... something they normally don't do. How much money do you think these mother fuckers got from this bullshit??

Is it legal to wash your car with muncipal water in San Diego County?
WHAT? Did you bump your head? It will be the most expensive car wash you ever got.

Alright bitches, thanks for letting me rant, and welcome to my world

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fishbones

Your wife thinks about ME
Nov 7, 2005
Chula Vista
Name
Rich
Boat
One Off 28' Custom Built Skipjack (SOUTHWESTERN) & 18' Sylvan (Short Runs)
Glorietta bay launch ramp has a wash down station, wash and flush the motor then head home

Reactions: bman440440
Upvote 0

plj46

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Take your boat home and wash it like the rest of us ! with that said,dont worry about getting arrested.They just write you a ticket and it will probably cost a lot more than the water you used.

Upvote 0

Otto

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 1, 2008
San Diego
Name
Floyd - Guy from Repo Man
Boat
19 SeaPro
Just after we put the boat on the trailer and drive forward, wouldn't it be nice to drive through a freshwater trough about 2 feet deep ?

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
Just after we put the boat on the trailer and drive forward, wouldn't it be nice to drive through a freshwater trough about 2 feet deep ?
Pretty sure most trucks don't like 2ft deep water, freshwater or not!

Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
Pretty sure most trucks don't like 2ft deep water, freshwater or not!

Wow... something my truck will do better than the new ones. as long as it is standing water, put some movement to it and it is a different story.. my truck is so light it would probably take it away

Reactions: tanner.s
Upvote 0