26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
Last month, a panel of the world's top scientists presented its latest review of the data on climate change. The analysis concluded with 95 percent certainty -- the gold standard in science -- that climate change is manmade.

And with that, as far as "The Los Angeles Times" is concerned, the debate is over. The Times is among mainstream media sources that quietly stopped giving a voice to climate-change deniers. There was no initial policy statement or announcement -- the letters editor simply stopped choosing to print letters from climate change deniers. This weekend, he mentioned the decision as an aside in an editor's note.

"Letters that have an untrue basis (for example, ones that say there's no sign humans have caused climate change) do not get printed," Paul Thornton wrote.

"When deciding which letters should run among hundreds on such weighty matters as climate change, I must rely on the experts -- in other words, those scientists with advanced degrees who undertake tedious research and rigorous peer review," wrote Thornton.
"The debate right now isn't whether this evidence exists (clearly, it does) but what this evidence means for us."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/la-times-cuts-off-climate-change-deniers/

Meanwhile.....

Climate change expert's fraud was 'crime of massive proportion,' say feds

The EPA’s highest-paid employee and a leading expert on climate change deserves to go to prison for at least 30 months for lying to his bosses and saying he was a CIA spy working in Pakistan so he could avoid doing his real job, say federal prosecutors.

John C. Beale, who pled guilty in September to bilking the government out of nearly $1 million in salary and other benefits over a decade, will be sentenced in a Washington, D.C., federal court on Wednesday. In a newly filed sentencing memo, prosecutors said that his lies were a "crime of massive proportion" and “offensive” to those who actually do dangerous work for the CIA.

Sullivan said he doubted Beale’s fraud could occur at any federal agency other than the EPA. “There’s a certain culture here at the EPA where the mission is the most important thing,” he said.

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_...raud-was-crime-of-massive-proportion-say-feds

Upvote 0

BiggestT

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
"There’s a certain culture here at the EPA where the mission is the most important thing,” he said."

Noooooooooo!

P.S. I cut the LA Times off years ago. I do miss using their rag under my bacon in the microwave or while doing oil changes.

Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt

did you say FISHING ???
Feb 24, 2003
East-a-La-Mesa, baby!
Name
starts with an "M".....
Boat
#1 boat scrubber - Team Madrugador
"There’s a certain culture here at the EPA where the mission is the most important thing,” he said."

Noooooooooo!

yeah, big surprise there. :rolleyes:

I wrote off the LA Slimes years ago. Unfortunately, its one of the most quoted so-called "news" papers in alot of the work related journals I read. (to keep tabs on the enemy.) :D

Upvote 0

JFK

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 3, 2008
Santa Cruz, Ca
Name
James
Boat
14' Livingston skiff
Interested in reading the report from the scientists. Where was their report published?

Upvote 0

middleofnowhere

Gopher Killer
Sep 16, 2008
Yucca Valley, CA USA
Name
Scott
Boat
Twin Vee "MamaMia"
P.S. I cut the LA Times off years ago. I do miss using their rag under my bacon in the microwave or while doing oil changes.

It's a good thing you quit using the times under your bacon, because the ink is laden with female hormones that could absorb through skin as well as your food.

Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
Interested in reading the report from the scientists. Where was their report published?

when you find it and you are done reading it see if it explains the variations in climate over the last 800 k years and before man added any more co2 then the average animal on the planet and check it against this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_age

then read the entirety of "marine geology" by james kennnett and the evidence it provides for the variability of the climate and it's causes
then get back to us...your thoughts after that may interest some.It's a very interest college level book written before the agw crowd took over the science depts.at our major universities and the funding they get for studying it from the federal government...glad I saved it for all these years.

Upvote 0

Simon Bon Bowery

Lizard Fish Hippie
Feb 18, 2007
O'side
Name
Simon
Boat
Chris Craft 19 cc "LiL Lizard"
Upvote 0

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Hey now! I know Steve!!!

hmmmmm.... come to think of it..... maybe that female hormone thing aint all that off base. :rofl:

Want me to get all bitchy on you! BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Bet you want some Global Warming about now up there in Bend, OR.:rofl:

Upvote 0

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
I need to shout out a big Thanks for Joe's prior posting of a video of Dr. Richard Lindzen, Prefessor Emeritus of Meteorology at MIT. That video link led me to many other videos of Dr. Lindzen which have provided great viewing.

At about 5:16 of the following video, Dr. Richard Lindzen explains how a blob of dots representing global temperatures became the infamous "Hockey Stick" Global Warming Chart of Michael Mann and Al Gore fame:

[video=youtube;keDtanExdrc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keDtanExdrc&app=desktop[/video]

I found the explanation quite direct and rather humorous.

Upvote 0

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
Thanks for the props Steve. :)

At the 7:23 mark the good professor hit the nail on the head....all research is funded by the government(s).

Overlay that on top of "the plan" for global economics.....

Here are a couple excerpts from Global Trends 2025 published by the CIA via the National Intelligence Council....

Economic Growth Fueling Rise of Emerging Players
In terms of size, speed, and directional flow, the transfer of
global wealth and economic power
now under way—roughly from West to East—is without precedent in modern history.

October Surprise
illustrates the impact of inattention to global climate change; unexpected
major impacts narrow the world’s range of options.

http://www.aicpa.org/research/cpahorizons2025/globalforces/downloadabledocuments/globaltrends.pdf

The Global Trend stuff is interesting. Climate change and global warming are swallowed hook-line-and-sinker by our intel community as described in Global Trends four iterations. It must be pure coincedence only developed nations are guilted into paying for this scam. Gotta keep that $$ flowing from us to the rest of the polluting world and what better way than to brainwash children to insure compliance in the future.

Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
" and what better way than to brainwash children to insure compliance in the future."
[/QUOTE]

exactly.....common core....read your kids or a neighbors kids books they use in school,you'll be stunned if your brainwashing isn't already complete.

Upvote 0

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
My son is 6 and I'm 52 :) His school district will know me well by 2025 :) I have given this great thought...do we allow him the path of least resistance, go along to get along....or do we provide vigilant accurate historical rebuttal to the re-writing of reality.....we're going with the latter :Beat_Them

Upvote 0

plainsman

plainsman
Apr 15, 2010
Fallbrook, CA
Name
Tim
Boat
none
Global warming, probably not, Climate change probable, man made, probably not. Some folks who will be lookin like fools soon are afraid to stop the global warming / climate change hype. Global warming was the scare, but when it became questionable that it could be proven false, the new name was climate change. But it ain't been getting warmer.

Upvote 0

middleofnowhere

Gopher Killer
Sep 16, 2008
Yucca Valley, CA USA
Name
Scott
Boat
Twin Vee "MamaMia"
Nobody ever said that the climate isn't changing. Some of us just don't believe the hype that its manmade or that a huge redistribution of wealth is necessary.

Upvote 0

ConSeaMate

Legend in my own mind
Sep 6, 2005
Escondido
Name
Buster Brown
Boat
28' Silverton "ConSeaMate"
<form action="http://www.google.com/cse" method="get" id="google-cse-results-searchbox-form" accept-charset="UTF-8"> <input autocomplete="on" style="border: 1px solid rgb(126, 157, 185); padding: 2px; background: url(&quot;https://www.google.com/cse/intl//images/google_custom_search_watermark.gif&quot;) no-repeat scroll left center rgb(255, 255, 255);" id="edit-query" name="query" value="" size="40" maxlength="128" class="form-text" type="text">

</form>

[h=2]You are here[/h]Home » Frequently Asked Questions

[h=1]How much has the global temperature risen in the last 100 years?[/h] Global average temperature since 1880. This graph from NOAA shows the annual trend in average global air temperature in degrees Celsius, through December 2012. For each year, the range of uncertainty is indicated by the gray vertical bars. The blue line tracks the changes in the trend over time. Click here or on the image to enlarge. (Image courtesy NOAA's National Climatic Data Center.)

Averaged over all land and ocean surfaces, temperatures warmed roughly 1.53°F (0.85ºC) from 1880 to 2012, according to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (see page 3 of the IPCC's Climate Change 2013: The Physical Science Basis, Summary for Policymakers - PDF). Because oceans tend to warm and cool more slowly than land areas, continents have warmed the most. In the Northern Hemisphere, where most of Earth's land mass is located, the three decades from 1983 to 2012 were likely the warmest 30-year period of the last 1400 years, according to the IPCC.
The graph above clearly shows the variability of global temperature over various time intervals (such as year to year or between decades) as well as the long-term increase since 1880. The full Working Group 1 report, to be finalized in early 2014, is addressing in detail the slowdown observed in the rate of warming since the late 1990s. (For more, see the FAQ entry: "Hasn't Earth been cooling since 1998?")
There are slight differences in global records between groups at NCDC, NASA, and the University of East Anglia. Each group calculates global temperature year by year, using slightly different techniques. However, analyses from all three groups point to the decade between 2000 and 2009 as the hottest since modern records began more than a century ago. Temperatures in the 2010s have been running slightly warmer still.
U.S. average temperature since 1895. The blue line is the 12-month average for each year. The green line is a calculation of the trend during each decade. The red line shows the trend over the last century of records. The gray line is flat because it is a simple average for the entire period. Click here or on the image to enlarge. (Image courtesy NOAA's National Climatic Data Center.)

[h=2]What about the United States?[/h] The year 2012 was the warmest on record for the contiguous United States, according to the National Climatic Data Center (NCDC). As shown in the graph at right, 2012 was substantially warmer—a full degree Fahrenheit (0.6°C)—than any other year since national records began in 1895. The U.S. warming rate of about 1.3°F (0.72°C) per century (red line in the graph at bottom right) is roughly comparable to the global rate of warming (see above).
Although the U.S. racked up several cooler years from 2008 to 2010, the decade as a whole (2000–2009) was the nation's warmest on record, with an average temperature of 54.0°F. In contrast, the 1990s averaged 53.6°F, and the 1930s averaged 53.4°F.

[h=3][/h]

Upvote 0

26grumpy

who hooked who
Sep 24, 2006
Anaheim Hills
Name
Joe
Boat
Freefrom Boats Club
Nobody ever said that the climate isn't changing. Some of us just don't believe the hype that its manmade or that a huge redistribution of wealth is necessary.

Spot on!!

IPCC and East Anglican have been proven to be total frauds yet many still accept their findings legit...we must at minimum wonder why.

It's about the wealth transfer period. The prevailing attitude from on-high is the wealth disparity between developed and non-deveolped nations is the cause of international conflict, this I believe to be true. Read the Global Trends documents. I use it for my long-term investment thesis. Our government goes to great lenghts to provide these public documents for us to take advantage of. They are not secret, classified or conspiratorial in any way. Wealth transfer is the long-term goal, unfortunatly the masses would not give up their $$ if they were told the $$ was being transferred to despot regimes in the name of global economic stability. Will our confiscated $$ reach the people of said countries via government redistribution or will the $$ only furthur empower the despot. This remains to be seen.

According to Global Trends this wealth transfer will continue and accelerate into and past 2035. The scenario GT paints, due in large part because of technology and interconectivity, the citizens of the under-developed world will demand (in relative terms) a more middle-class life thus pressuring their respective governments to provide free-market (again in relative terms) mechanisims that lead to this higher standard of living. They see how the free world lives and they want in on it. The fear is if they don't get what they want they will revolt against their governments causing more international instability.

Yes the climate changes, we see that in carbon dating going back millions of years. It gets hot and then it gets cold. With all of the carbon-dating data available, why do the academics only refer to the last 100 or so years when making absolute claims of catastrophic consequences??? Because that is the time period of the economic rise of the U.S. as most of the world was/is still living under oppressive governments who maintain power by keeping its countrymen down.

The scam known as Global Warming Hysteria was not originally part of a large conspiracy. GWH was crafted by a few bad players like Algore for self-enrichment this is true. After GWH gained a little traction among some unethical academics who also wanted fame and fortune riding Algores coat tails, GWH was co-opted by much larger forces for purposes other than protecting the environment.

SHIT!!!....my foil hat just fell off.

Upvote 0

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Well its a good thing this is posted in the NONSENSE forum,exactly where it should be.You guys need to double up on the tinfoil.

Upvote 0

middleofnowhere

Gopher Killer
Sep 16, 2008
Yucca Valley, CA USA
Name
Scott
Boat
Twin Vee "MamaMia"
Well its a good thing this is posted in the NONSENSE forum,exactly where it should be.You guys need to double up on the tinfoil.

Lead foil works better...
What's your favorite flavor CoolAid?

Upvote 0

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Lead foil works better...
What's your favorite flavor CoolAid?
Used to be lime,i quit drinking it though because of rumors it was tainted by government officials trying to brainwash us.I cant wear the lead foil hat,too heavy.

Upvote 0

middleofnowhere

Gopher Killer
Sep 16, 2008
Yucca Valley, CA USA
Name
Scott
Boat
Twin Vee "MamaMia"
Upvote 0