Saltwater La Push Albacore 7/23

rmmeyeriv

Sep 12, 2017
Seattle
Name
Mike
Boat
Raider 208
Found albacore about 55 miles SW of La Push yesterday, 47'24 125'37. Just trolling a spread of clones and a cedar plug, no bait this time. Only caught one, on a Mexican flag clone. Water was 63.5 degrees, a half mile south it was 62.8 and there was a current line that stacked up a bunch of drift wood and kelp in the area. There was a school around there I think that I marked on the sonar a couple of times trolling around after we caught our one, and there was some small balls of bait being pushed up to the surface here and there. If you had anchovies on board I bet you could have caught a bunch there. Saw huge mixed groups of grey whales, humpbacks, and dolphins on the way back at the continental shelf, and a huge salmon shark that I didn't get a shot of.

IMG_2594.jpg

IMG_2598.jpg

IMG_2599.jpg

IMG_2600.jpg

IMG_2601.jpg

IMG_2596.jpg

D
Dilleytech
If it’s not to much trouble to
Make the drive they are killing them 24 miles out of ilwaco.
Upvote 0

Salmon Hunter

Apr 29, 2010
West Richland WA
Name
Rick
Boat
19’ Northwest Jet
Found albacore about 55 miles SW of La Push yesterday, 47'24 125'37. Just trolling a spread of clones and a cedar plug, no bait this time. Only caught one, on a Mexican flag clone. Water was 63.5 degrees, a half mile south it was 62.8 and there was a current line that stacked up a bunch of drift wood and kelp in the area. There was a school around there I think that I marked on the sonar a couple of times trolling around after we caught our one, and there was some small balls of bait being pushed up to the surface here and there. If you had anchovies on board I bet you could have caught a bunch there. Saw huge mixed groups of grey whales, humpbacks, and dolphins on the way back at the continental shelf, and a huge salmon shark that I didn't get a shot of.

View attachment 1302040

View attachment 1302041

View attachment 1302042

View attachment 1302043

View attachment 1302044

View attachment 1302045

View attachment 1302040

View attachment 1302041

View attachment 1302042

View attachment 1302043

View attachment 1302044

View attachment 1302045
I would really like some more information about the 24 miles from Ilwaco post. Going to be there Saturday.

Upvote 0

Dilleytech

Mar 22, 2017
Southern wa
Name
Jakob
Boat
16.5 smoker craft pro lodge
Found albacore about 55 miles SW of La Push yesterday, 47'24 125'37. Just trolling a spread of clones and a cedar plug, no bait this time. Only caught one, on a Mexican flag clone. Water was 63.5 degrees, a half mile south it was 62.8 and there was a current line that stacked up a bunch of drift wood and kelp in the area. There was a school around there I think that I marked on the sonar a couple of times trolling around after we caught our one, and there was some small balls of bait being pushed up to the surface here and there. If you had anchovies on board I bet you could have caught a bunch there. Saw huge mixed groups of grey whales, humpbacks, and dolphins on the way back at the continental shelf, and a huge salmon shark that I didn't get a shot If it’s
Found albacore about 55 miles SW of La Push yesterday, 47'24 125'37. Just trolling a spread of clones and a cedar plug, no bait this time. Only caught one, on a Mexican flag clone. Water was 63.5 degrees, a half mile south it was 62.8 and there was a current line that stacked up a bunch of drift wood and kelp in the area. There was a school around there I think that I marked on the sonar a couple of times trolling around after we caught our one, and there was some small balls of bait being pushed up to the surface here and there. If you had anchovies on board I bet you could have caught a bunch there. Saw huge mixed groups of grey whales, humpbacks, and dolphins on the way back at the continental shelf, and
Found albacore about 55 miles SW of La Push yesterday, 47'24 125'37. Just trolling a spread of clones and a cedar plug, no bait this time. Only caught one, on a Mexican flag clone. Water was 63.5 degrees, a half mile south it was 62.8 and there was a current line that stacked up a bunch of drift wood and kelp in the area. There was a school around there I think that I marked on the sonar a couple of times trolling around after we caught our one, and there was some small balls of bait being pushed up to the surface here and there. If you had anchovies on board I bet you could have caught a bunch there. Saw huge mixed groups of grey whales,
Would really like some more information about the DilleyTech post about tuna 24 miles from Ilwaco. Sounds too good to be true
They have been getting them for over a week 24-35 miles+ off from ilwaco. And pacific city down a little further south. Starting to see fish around 24, and plugging the boat at mile 35. Reports coming from Ifish and Facebook.

Upvote 0

TooManyHobbies

The guy that makes the glass stuff
May 10, 2010
White trashville
Name
Garrett
Boat
21' SeaRay Laguna CC "Sea 'Scape"
Would really like some more information about the DilleyTech post about tuna 24 miles from Ilwaco. Sounds too good to be true
Coleman put up a pic showing the chart and being in 550’ of water..

Upvote 0