La Lolla Bonito's and Dana Landing Crime report

Sep 16, 2020
Southern Oregon
Name
James S HILL
Boat
Royal Star, Polaris Supreme
This has been going on forever. We came off a overnight trip at 22nd street landing to find our el camino up on blocks and missing two tires. That was 1979

• Angry
Reactions: T-Tang

Jurel Hunter

We need to talk about your fishing reports.
Mar 11, 2007
Carlsbad
Name
Jim
Boat
FV Soldandgone
sorry to hear it. that really sucks. so easy to say armchair quarterback something like that, but IMO your instincts were right b/c you are alive to go home to your family and write this report.

kindafishy

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 21, 2010
hemet/ca/riverside
Name
SCOTT
Boat
bayliner cierra express 2452 "RYLEE'S WAVE RYDER"
We never take our boat out on the ocean without a loaded firearm on board , its just policy
i hope you stay in US waters...

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
Well I'm proud of you who took the time to look for the law, keep looking and you will find one that says exactly what I quoted.
Again I have to say my favorite saying, "you have to know the rules if your gonna play the game and win"
Remember this, they don't take laws off the books they just write new ones, this is how loop holes come about, there are laws covering the same thing and are completely different, the penal code considers a gun loaded it ammunition is just touching it, but fish and game code only considers it loaded if there is a round chambered, it can have a full mag and none in the chamber then it is unloaded. Keep in mind that at one time the fish and game code was the only laws they used for guns. More people get them selves in serious trouble doing things they don't know is illegal, it is total bullshit in my opinion but they will hear,"ignorance of the law is no excuse" this is fucking bullshit because no one can know all the laws, for those of you who tried looking up this law you noticed you were directed to reference another law. The law should be clear and easy for the common man to use and understand but it is anything but. Laws are like that for a reason, they are written by lawyers and want you to be dependent on lawyers.
Listening to the comments about what someone would do or use in this situation, you better learn the rules. Those guys showing the gun, and this could be a bb gun or a childs toy gun it doesn't matter if some one feels threatened, the minimum charge... brandishing a fire arm carries a one year mandatory stay at the crossbar hotel. You better check what you use, it can be considered a deadly weapon, like that harpoon someone mentioned... definitely a deadly weapon. Remember this * the law only allows you to use one step of force greater than what comes at you. If a gun is involved in anyway you better be in fear for your life, and that better be the first words that come out of your mouth when the cops get there. I tried to give a warning along with that law I made you aware of, just because something is legal doesn't mean you should do it, you have to use common sense and, you have to know the rules if your gonna play the game. My personal favorite and what I recommend is a stun gun and a 3' piece of rubber hose. For those who scoff at the rubber hose it's only because you haven't been hit with one. Keep it at no more than 3' or it as to long of a swing and will be slow but keep it long enough you can touch them and their knife can't touch you, if you leave a metal end on it or put a bolt or something similar in it, it now becomes a deadly weapon. Tasers are illegal for citizens to carry because they shoot a projectile and they are a joke anyway because they only use 50 k volts. A stun gun is considered a non lethal weapon and can be carried concealed without a permit. If you get one make sure it is 100,000 volts or more because anything less may not take everyone down, mine has been modified and is 180,000 and you will piss your pants and hit the deck. As for the comment about killing someone for petty theft, I would have to say that anyone who doesn't have common sense and know the rules has no business carrying in the first place. other wise it doesn't matter to me because I don't steal and have no use for those who do, especially if it is someone's tools, taking his tv or stereo is one thing, he can buy more... but taking his tools he doesn't have the ability to make a living and can't buy more stereos etc. When they elect me dictator, rapists, child molesters, and possibly thieves will be off the fucking team... no repeat offenders. a little to hard core for the candy asses out there but they would like the results.

Reactions: gecsr1 and Cubeye

Charles Fike

Apr 13, 2019
Newbury Park
Name
Charles Fike
Boat
24’ Skipjack Flybridge (Bella B)
My Cat on my E350 was stolen a couple weeks ago parked on the street by my house with the boat hooked up behind it. The guys at the muffler shop said its been the year of the fords getting hit.

eric harner

Caliente Tuna
Oct 7, 2009
Phoenix Hellazona
Name
Azlandlocked
Boat
RRII, PV, the Big X
Glad you were not hurt. I was born and raised in San Diego I moved to Arizona 25 years ago best thing I ever did. You see here in Arizona we can carry . That POS that was under you truck & then tried to run you over would have been shot dead in Arizona if it happened to me or my patriot friends. Hope you catch him .. but not likely....🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
Go to a local muffler shop and tell them you need a cat quick then watch to see who comes deliver one

Reactions: Texas Tuna

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
Glad you were not hurt. I was born and raised in San Diego I moved to Arizona 25 years ago best thing I ever did. You see here in Arizona we can carry . That POS that was under you truck & then tried to run you over would have been shot dead in Arizona if it happened to me or my patriot friends. Hope you catch him .. but not likely....🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲
less crime there isn't there? and they have the same problems there we have here, only you don't fuck with people who might be able to defend themselves. yep they are closer to that ride a horse and carry a gun i was talking about.

arcos157

Oct 22, 2012
san diego/california/usa
Name
matt
Boat
the backlash
This is happening all of the time now! We had a catalytic converter stolen from one of our work trucks and the tail lights stolen from another.

Unassailable

Professional Amateur
Aug 26, 2009
San Diego
Name
John B
Boat
BW
Sorry this happened to you! I've had my door locks messed with and destroyed at that ramp and South Shores. Plenty of non-Hispanic guys with $50K+ boats and trailers hit and run when they hit our truck or trailer as well.

I refuse to take the "nice" vehicles there now.

Gypsea

I can cook too
Jan 31, 2006
San Diego
Name
Dana
Boat
Sold :0(
Thanks for all the support guys. I'm going to be a lot more situational aware going to the truck from now on, keep my phone in my hand on camera and maybe I'll throw some of my dogs shit or some ripe squid under the truck just to keep those assholes away.

Reactions: jer dog

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
Thanks for all the support guys. I'm going to be a lot more situational aware going to the truck from now on, keep my phone in my hand on camera and maybe I'll throw some of my dogs shit or some ripe squid under the truck just to keep those assholes away.
A couple of cups of beer piss would work
Too.

Reactions: T-Tang

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
I know lots of people who have been ripped off at Dana and SI, that is why I never go there.
I don't usually carry when going to Mexico, but I am never empty handed when going back to my truck or my boat. The problem is I am an old fuck and I shouldn't be, but I am and always have been very confrontational and when your not you would approach that situation like you did, the normal way, to yell and keep some distance, but having done that before I just walked up on them and took them by surprise, that gives you the upper hand.

Here is a little info that maybe one percent of you know, remember my favorite saying, "you have to know the rules if you want to play the game and win." DID YOU KNOW that the law says, any licensed hunter or fisherman can carry at his side a gun in plain view while going to, coming from and during hunting and fishing. Let me make this clear, it is the law and you can legally do it, but think about it before you do... just like most of you not knowing the law, the cop you run into might not know it either and if he does or doesn't when he sees you and you have a gun on you, and most people in this state can't carry so will stand out, he is likely to draw down on you first and then question why you are packing. Look it up for your self, it is legal to do but use common sense if you do it.. personally I think it would be a much nicer place to live if everyone rode a horse and carried a gun. and for all you anti gun pieces of shit... places the citizen is allowed his constitutional right to carry and people do, there is less crime.
An armed society is a polite society.....every weekend and wed n.v esfay in the fall 100s of duck hunters descend on wister and yet no incidence of catalytic converter thefto

eric harner

Caliente Tuna
Oct 7, 2009
Phoenix Hellazona
Name
Azlandlocked
Boat
RRII, PV, the Big X
less crime there isn't there? and they have the same problems there we have here, only you don't fuck with people who might be able to defend themselves. yep they are closer to that ride a horse and carry a gun i was talking about.
We still have crime but nothing like other states with ridged gun laws...God help you if break into someone's house...

stairman

May 16, 2009
ramona /ca/usa
Name
doug
Boat
Ever heard of a Alarm? 1:30 Pm no one around to witness. kinda odd!
Yes all law abiding people should go to the extra expnse of alarms ...low deductables and worry constantly...cause someone that steals for a living needs space and free time

rex

May 15, 2007
Riverside
Name
rex
Boat
16 ft cobia
Seriously you pussed out from a 5-ft tall Mexican that was stealing from you and then you s*** yourself