soul troller

Mine bends where yours ends
Mar 14, 2004
Murrieta Ca
Name
Lou
Boat
Pursuit 2870 WA
Glad you rolled up before this parasite got the cat , and that you are OK .
Its a shame that such a nice spot has to be ruined by theives, drug addicts and other shitheads.
I've been hit twice and was watched for sure til the time was right.
Rods off the boat, and magma bbq set out the truck bed .
I see shady characters down there constantly.
Let's all open our eyes and protect each others rigs .
Too bad the SDPD can't do more to clean up the trash around Mission bay .

ahidog

10000 atta boys
Sep 15, 2004
San Diego
Name
Tom
Boat
105', Camcraft, 85', Ditmar, 65' Noreck
Happened to Rick and Dina’s truck while he was out running the Ocean odessy last week on the other side of the hill sounds organized to me but in broad daylight at Dana that’s pretty balsy

Reactions: sealskinner

jughead

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 10, 2006
Alpine
Name
John
Boat
24 Seaswirl striper
Do not leave any valuables in your vehicle. Can’t do much about Catalytic stealers unless u see them

icscommand

Chief
Dec 19, 2004
Rancho San Diego
Name
Dean
Boat
20' Fish-rite CC
A while back my F-150 was gone from Seaforth when we returned from an overnight. When I went in to use the phone counterman told me they had been disappearing from there regularly. Business CC card used in Chula Vista. Seaforth figures parking free so parking there then beware.

ivane068

Professional hide and seek player..
May 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Ivan Esquivel
Boat
Parker 2520 Fin Reaper
Did you report this to the police? Dana landing market has cameras could of caught the plate.

ironnutts

Well-Known "Member"
Feb 18, 2007
san diego
Name
FisherMinh
Boat
20ft trophy
Next time don’t yell just just run ask someone to call police almost everyone nowaday has a cell phone or ask another fellow fishermen for help...I would of done something I know for a fact ....that’s the kind of person I am

Reactions: T-Tang

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses
There are cameras on that lot. Believe it or not the Lifeguard station in Quivira Basin is who to talk to. Sdpd should look into it as you have an assault with a deadly weapon case as opposed to attempted theft.... did you call sdpd?

stangclassic66

USCG Master
Oct 21, 2004
San Diego/SF Bay
Name
Capt. Erik
Boat
21' Center Console
Should have got in the truck, fired it up, slam into drive and goose the gas until the differential and the trailer frame took his ass then just tell the cops you had no idea that MFer was under there!

Sdchronix

Kook Style
Jul 26, 2018
San diego
Name
Anthony C.
Boat
Hooked Up Boat Club - Parker 2320
Fished this morning (Friday the 18th) at the NW corner of the La Jolla Kelp. It was pretty fun with some nice sized bonito action. Total count: 7 bonito, 3 calicos, 1 barracuda all caught and released.

When returning to the, Dana Landing boat launch parking lot around 1:30 pm, in Mission Bay, I ran up to get our F-250 Crew Cab truck and trailer. I interrupted the theft of our catalytic converter. Hispanic male, mid thirties, light build, full mustache 5'4"-5'6" was under our truck with a cordless sawzall, cutting the exhaust pipe. I yelled "Hey, what are you doing under my truck". He jumped out from under truck towards me with the sawzall so I backed way up up to avoid a confrontation. A Hispanic female accomplice was in a car next to my truck with her getaway car running. As I crossed the getaway path towards the front end of my truck, the hispanic male jumped into the car. She gassed the car in my direction. I had to jump out of the way as they escaped to the southwest exit. I was unable to get a license # or photo as the car was speeding in my direction and I feared for my life and safety. The car was a late model dark grey with gold highlight paint job, similar to a Nissan or Acura. It was an shiny new car with a fancy grill. The catalytic converter was not taken but damage was done to the pipe. It was cut through on only 1 side so thankfully we didn't lose it and I was unharmed but it scared the shit out of me! 5 minutes later and it would have been gone! With that said, it reminded me of 2011 losing our F350 7.3 L truck while we were fishing out of Point Loma and they recorded our plate crossing the border an hour after we walked away from it! These assholes target fishermen so park carefully my fishing buddies.
I was one of the guys in the parking lot that you came up to after you caught em. Good thing you got there before he got it all the way off. Sorry we didn't see or hear it happening. I'm there often and will keep an eye out.

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
I know lots of people who have been ripped off at Dana and SI, that is why I never go there.
I don't usually carry when going to Mexico, but I am never empty handed when going back to my truck or my boat. The problem is I am an old fuck and I shouldn't be, but I am and always have been very confrontational and when your not you would approach that situation like you did, the normal way, to yell and keep some distance, but having done that before I just walked up on them and took them by surprise, that gives you the upper hand.

Here is a little info that maybe one percent of you know, remember my favorite saying, "you have to know the rules if you want to play the game and win." DID YOU KNOW that the law says, any licensed hunter or fisherman can carry at his side a gun in plain view while going to, coming from and during hunting and fishing. Let me make this clear, it is the law and you can legally do it, but think about it before you do... just like most of you not knowing the law, the cop you run into might not know it either and if he does or doesn't when he sees you and you have a gun on you, and most people in this state can't carry so will stand out, he is likely to draw down on you first and then question why you are packing. Look it up for your self, it is legal to do but use common sense if you do it.. personally I think it would be a much nicer place to live if everyone rode a horse and carried a gun. and for all you anti gun pieces of shit... places the citizen is allowed his constitutional right to carry and people do, there is less crime.

Capt Devo

Fish Hard
Mar 14, 2010
San Clemente
Name
Devo
Boat
Trophy
Fished this morning (Friday the 18th) at the NW corner of the La Jolla Kelp. It was pretty fun with some nice sized bonito action. Total count: 7 bonito, 3 calicos, 1 barracuda all caught and released.

When returning to the, Dana Landing boat launch parking lot around 1:30 pm, in Mission Bay, I ran up to get our F-250 Crew Cab truck and trailer. I interrupted the theft of our catalytic converter. Hispanic male, mid thirties, light build, full mustache 5'4"-5'6" was under our truck with a cordless sawzall, cutting the exhaust pipe. I yelled "Hey, what are you doing under my truck". He jumped out from under truck towards me with the sawzall so I backed way up up to avoid a confrontation. A Hispanic female accomplice was in a car next to my truck with her getaway car running. As I crossed the getaway path towards the front end of my truck, the hispanic male jumped into the car. She gassed the car in my direction. I had to jump out of the way as they escaped to the southwest exit. I was unable to get a license # or photo as the car was speeding in my direction and I feared for my life and safety. The car was a late model dark grey with gold highlight paint job, similar to a Nissan or Acura. It was an shiny new car with a fancy grill. The catalytic converter was not taken but damage was done to the pipe. It was cut through on only 1 side so thankfully we didn't lose it and I was unharmed but it scared the shit out of me! 5 minutes later and it would have been gone! With that said, it reminded me of 2011 losing our F350 7.3 L truck while we were fishing out of Point Loma and they recorded our plate crossing the border an hour after we walked away from it! These assholes target fishermen so park carefully my fishing buddies.
You were Smart to let it go these Low Lives or desperate not worth you’re trouble!!

Ya l been there so l started throwing my old dead Squid under the truck.....no problems since then they quickly move on. I had to take a dump one morning the bathroom......aw that’s a whole nother story

Last edited:

Capt Devo

Fish Hard
Mar 14, 2010
San Clemente
Name
Devo
Boat
Trophy
I know lots of people who have been ripped off at Dana and SI, that is why I never go there.
I don't usually carry when going to Mexico, but I am never empty handed when going back to my truck or my boat. The problem is I am an old fuck and I shouldn't be, but I am and always have been very confrontational and when your not you would approach that situation like you did, the normal way, to yell and keep some distance, but having done that before I just walked up on them and took them by surprise, that gives you the upper hand.

Here is a little info that maybe one percent of you know, remember my favorite saying, "you have to know the rules if you want to play the game and win." DID YOU KNOW that the law says, any licensed hunter or fisherman can carry at his side a gun in plain view while going to, coming from and during hunting and fishing. Let me make this clear, it is the law and you can legally do it, but think about it before you do... just like most of you not knowing the law, the cop you run into might not know it either and if he does or doesn't when he sees you and you have a gun on you, and most people in this state can't carry so will stand out, he is likely to draw down on you first and then question why you are packing. Look it up for your self, it is legal to do but use common sense if you do it.. personally I think it would be a much nicer place to live if everyone rode a horse and carried a gun. and for all you anti gun pieces of shit... places the citizen is allowed his constitutional right to carry and people do, there is less crime.
Can we Please not do Guns you should keep comments on that option off you’re iPhone if you’re smart it should be personal and could matter later for you on

• Haha
Reactions: Gypsea

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
Can we Please not do Guns you should keep comments on that option off you’re iPhone if you’re smart it should be personal and could matter later for you on
I don't use an Iphone and my view on guns is pretty well known. I have no problem saying what I think, either you like me or you don't but you will always know where you stand and what I am about.

Capt Devo

Fish Hard
Mar 14, 2010
San Clemente
Name
Devo
Boat
Trophy
I don't use an Iphone and my view on guns is pretty well known. I have no problem saying what I think, either you like me or you don't but you will always know where you stand and what I am about.
Living the California nightmare when Fire Arms are bad words l wasn’t targeting you l was just putting it out there that can kill someone for petty theft. Concealed carry 101 it’s all good

Billy L

AK halibut charter captain
Jul 4, 2009
San Diego and AK
Name
Billy
Boat
25’, 22’ Whalers

Can you link that code?

jbl_91762

Sep 23, 2017
CHINO
Name
JOEY
Boat
KAYAK
Living the California nightmare when Fire Arms are bad words l wasn’t targeting you l was just putting it out there that can kill someone for petty theft. Concealed carry 101 it’s all good
OP sorry to hear and glad you pulled up in time to scare them away....But he came at you with a deadly weapon and If I carried I would have drawn on him for sure. If he still came at me he would be dead. yes i have a carry permit but never take it fishing. Nor would I ever imagine taking it on board my boat if i were fishing near Mexican waters. OP your incident reminds me to just carry at all times. Even if this was not my truck and I saw someone hacking away I would have yelled to get attention and be on the phone to law enforcement. We all just need to be more alert no matter where we go and if you see something suspicious, dont just stand there, call the cops and start taking video.

Ctony.clark

Jun 14, 2012
Carlsbad, Ca, u.s.a.
Name
Tony Clark
Boat
Freedom Boat Club
My buddy also had his truck stolen from Seaforth probably same event, Kenny (Atkins) knows a lot of people. I had my rods stolen also from Seaforth parking lot several years ago, the guy in the shop who I had help me during the crime investigation had his truck stolen there three days prior to my theft. High dollar gear, mostly newer,had receipts, but because most was purchased at Fed Hall Sales, couldn’t get full value refund. We need to restore and preserve our civil society, VOTE!

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
Can you link that code?
nope but you can look it up, start under fish and game code. I have hundreds of laws like this and I just don't have the time right now the hard part is knowing they exist without finding out the hard way.

Reactions: Gypsea

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
interesting thread...
sad though to find your truck being fucked with by some looser, hope they didn't cause to much damage... and those loosers will get their due someday....just hope its soon...

Reactions: jughead