sueno

Go Fishing!
Jun 3, 2003
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
Parker 2310
530 at the launch ramp! Great bait at Mission Bay today! Trolled some macs and sardines for nada! Switched to rappalas and within 10 minutes we were on! 19.9 pound yellowtail on the deck! It must’ve had 5 pounds of blood! Water looked much better than last week! Metered lots of bait and red crabs!
11 o’clock headed for the barn back to work! Go get them boys! See you on the water! Doug

2D0870AB-9648-40F8-96E0-3DD84AFA8B18.jpeg 6183A5FD-562D-4BF4-A419-8BFFEC019D14.jpeg 10F19188-5BB8-46E7-AED5-AF86A3C6DD46.jpeg

Last edited:

ror_sal

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"
Nov 6, 2011
San Diego
Name
Rory
Boat
fish and chicks
Thanks for the report. Way to change it up and put one on the boat.

Reactions: sueno

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
Wow big bloody mess just for one YT.......LOL

Let em eat 74

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 12, 2016
Anaheim Hills
Name
Kevin
Boat
Whichever1is leaving
Even Dexter would have been confused wtf happened there. Good way to spend a morning.

sueno

Go Fishing!
Jun 3, 2003
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
Parker 2310
Even Dexter would have been confused wtf happened there. Good way to spend a morning.
I had to use Google on this one!

That’s what happens when you don’t have your A-Team crew! Here’s a good tip for all you beginners out there. When you are trolling and you get a bite throw lots of bait and before you bring in that yellowtail make sure you have a Bait in the water with the hook in it! We should have gotten a few more fish on that first stop! Tuna season is here and the offshore sessions will be starting! It’s also important to troll with heavy line so you can bring that first fish in and all the other ones will follow their buddy! Tight lines! See you on the water!

94E6ACCD-48E0-4987-BCFA-E0D47F22DCCE.png

gecsr1

28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II"
Jul 15, 2005
Poway Ca
Name
Gary
Boat
28' Aquasport "Reel Adventure II" / PlainJaneRods
3 coats of wax and all you do is Grab the wash down hose! The blood just rolls off! Wax on wax off!
I was told by a pro, that when you wax over a coat of wax the wax your putting on takes the other wax off ,so you still only have one coat of wax... true or not I do not know
So if it’s true adding xyra coat of wax is a waste of time....
True or not I don’t know....

sueno

Go Fishing!
Jun 3, 2003
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
Parker 2310
I was told by a pro, that when you wax over a coat of wax the wax your putting on takes the other wax off ,so you still only have one coat of wax... true or not I do not know
So if it’s true adding xyra coat of wax is a waste of time....
True or not I don’t know....
I do it three times because I miss a lot of spots! Three times is the charm!

Last edited:

DEGBTI

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 5, 2013
el cajon, ca
Name
dennis
Boat
204 Angler CC
I had to use Google on this one!

That’s what happens when you don’t have your A-Team crew! Here’s a good tip for all you beginners out there. When you are trolling and you get a bite throw lots of bait and before you bring in that yellowtail make sure you have a Bait in the water with the hook in it! We should have gotten a few more fish on that first stop! Tuna season is here and the offshore sessions will be starting! It’s also important to troll with heavy line so you can bring that first fish in and all the other ones will follow their buddy! Tight lines! See you on the water!

View attachment 929721
great advice! thanks, I thought I new everything, haha

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
I'm a little late to the congrats party here.... nice catch Doug!

Not that it makes a huge difference, but the metal ring is designed to be hung on the scale hook. It's kinda like watching a guy fishing a conventional reel on a spinner rod, and using it with the large guides facing up....... it might still sorta work, but it looks a bit funny to those who know it wasn't designed with that intent. ;)

upload_2018-5-25_19-14-57.jpeg

The unknown fisherman:p:

sueno

Go Fishing!
Jun 3, 2003
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
Parker 2310
I'm a little late to the congrats party here.... nice catch Doug!

Not that it makes a huge difference, but the metal ring is designed to be hung on the scale hook. It's kinda like watching a guy fishing a conventional reel on a spinner rod, and using it with the large guides facing up....... it might still sorta work, but it looks a bit funny to those who know it wasn't designed with that intent. ;)

View attachment 930238

The unknown fisherman:p:
The weight Master Trevor at Dana Landing did it!

Reactions: ?? fisherman