Sam
Boat
24' sea fox
IMG_5341.JPG
IMG_5321.JPG
IMG_5343.JPG
W
IMG_5317.JPG
Hit the water at 530 sat morning, slightly overcast. By 0630 we were marking big schools of yellows. 0830 we had 3 20lb grade YT on the boat. We had 2 double hookups. Lost 3, one at gaff and 2 due to lack of experience. All good though it was my buddy's first time out. I'm just glad he felt the tug.
I invited a chick to come out and was schedualed to pick her up at the dock at 0900 (big mistake) . She showed up at 0730 right in the middle of the bite. Made her wait till 0900 when the sun came out and the bite kinda died.
We got to Dana at 0900 and it was kinda good we needed more ice and beer anyways. Headed back out and when we got back we didn't find anything on the meter. They just disappeared. Couldn't find them anywhere. It was a lil rough and she got seasick so we drifted around the NW coroner trying to preserve gas. Around 1430 right off our bow YT start crashing and they are coming strait for us. Didn't have to do anything. Slung a jig right into the middle of them. Got bit right away but didn't hook it. Then maybe 10ft from the boat I watched 3 good size yellows fight over my jig. Bam the bigger one compleatly inhaled it. Had the fish on the boat in 2 mins.
We decided to get a hotel and do it again in the morning be off the water by 0900. We'll that was the plan at least. We launched at 0430 and within 5 mins of trolling we got our first hookup. Didn't stick but I knew it was something big. Kept trucking north, but something told me to go back to the edge of the grounds where I originally got bit so I turned around and as soon as I hit the same spot boom we were on again. 2.5 hour fight on 60lb test. Had to call my mom and tell her I was going to miss her mother day lunch ( I had a 2 hour drive home) she understood when I FaceTime her and saw the pole compleatly bent! She said It was ok but she said I better land that fish. Thresher went 168.8 lb on the Dana scale.

IMG_5343.JPG

MItoCali

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 26, 2014
Newport Beach,
Name
Stephen
Boat
Pursuit Express 3000 Bella Mare
Why'd you guys launch out of dana if you were heading all the way down to La jolla?

Tunaslam

Apr 25, 2003
Diamond Bar, Ca 91765
Name
Cory Visser
Boat
N/A
Why'd you guys launch out of dana if you were heading all the way down to La jolla?
It's not Dana Point it's Dana Landing in Mission Bay a short trip to La Jolla?

Nice double on the Tails and some real fun on the T, congrats all around.

MItoCali

Mar 26, 2014
Newport Beach,
Name
Stephen
Boat
Pursuit Express 3000 Bella Mare
That makes a lot more sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willdoggy

Willing Member
Jun 25, 2014
Chula Vista
Name
IG = WetWillyBiz
Boat
Purr-Sea-Stance: Boston Whaler Montauk 170
Your Mom seeing you bent with a grin probably made her Mother's Day just perfect. Nice work.