kook's on the 182 tue's

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by halfdayhank, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurt

Kurt Mistadobalina

Name:
    Kurt
    Boat:
    %%%%%
    Depends, crashing some guys paddy at 700 am is just plain fucking rude but rolling a pod of porpoise is a different ball game. The fish are spread over a wide area.

Hell even I will paddy crash at 3pm if we haven't seen lettuce all day. If it's one boat we'll call in, if it's already a gang rape we on for a gang bang :D Move over :rofl:

2. Fish Tank

Fish Tank Ranchero

Name:
    Fred Reichert
    Boat:
    27' scagit orca - "La Ballena Loca"
    The party boats at Dana usually bait up @ 6:00 am but with the lines the way they have been you had better be launching by at least 5:00. Leaving in the dark also helps because you don't stop on every little distraction (radar helps) & you stick to the game plan, I've been straying off the main path just to avoid those kooks you're talking about (& it seems like there's allot this year). It's a big ocean.

3. blowboater

blowboater Fishing with Papa

Name:
    Joel
    Boat:
    35' cheoy lee - Sold
    Yesterday was like being out on a Saturday of a holiday weekend. It's a wonder some people have any time to fish - they're on the frikken radio the entire time. I swear you'd hear the same yahoos asking for a fish report on any number of high spots every 10-15 minutes. They might have caught some fish but damn, I think they're really out there b/c they feel important if they're on the radio.

And what's up with the doofuses who were asking to exchange beer for gas? I don't think they were joking - if they were it would have been funny at first, otherwise just chalk them up to the list of the aforementioned folks who just like to hear their own voices. Anyway, they were claiming to be completely out of fuel and 3 hours from port. It was a pond yesterday, one of the nicest days I've seen, but that is ridiculous.

We fished the porpoise until it became silly. Both at the 182 and 181 we were one of the first boats on the scene. When the giant bayrunner started driving like they were trying to waterski someone thru the porpoise, we laughed and left.

I've decided that listening to the radio out there is like listening to all the stupid morning radio shows - it's fun for about 15 minutes then you shut it off. :-)

We had a blast, caught a bunch o fish, and saw a lot of people being respectful. But, it's more fun to talk about the few yahoos!

The jetski guy had an interesting set up. He had a cooler or something strapped to the back of his jetski! He looked like he was visiting from NJ....

4. Saluki

Saluki .

Name:
    Mika Tan
    Boat:
    "MoorZilla"

Look familiar?

5. blowboater

Name:
    Joel
    Boat:
    35' cheoy lee - Sold
    That's awesome. I still say NJ. (I know I moved here from NJ :-). He was in the right spot. I'd be surprised if he didn't catch any YF.

6. Kurt

Kurt Mistadobalina

Name:
    Kurt
    Boat:
    %%%%%

I thought you guys had an orange tan :D

7. smelling

smelling Newbie

Name:
    jerry
    Boat:
    Cabo Fly bridge '32
    BLOODY DECKS !!!

8. blowboater

Name:
    Joel
    Boat:
    35' cheoy lee - Sold
    ROFL. I'm not really FROM NJ. I just lived there for 7 years or so. It helped me coin a new term 'New Jersey Engineering'. It fits for stuff like; exit signs AFTER the exit, people who are talking on their cell phone, run a light, and then curse at you like it;s your fault, you know, stupid shit like that.

9. Gah

Gah Captain

Name:
    Gabe
    Boat:
    18 Bayrunner
    good job Hank

10. coldies

coldies Pisserman

Name:
    Travis
    Boat:
    17' proline
    Damn Saluki I was wondering when that picture was going to come up.

11. mongo75

mongo75 Newbie

Name:
    Danny
    Boat:
    25' 1968 Luhrs
    Could someone please educate me on the proper way / edicate for fishing a pod? I've seen tons while sharking, but I've never done it before, and would like to know how to so when my damn boat is done I won't fuck up. PM if you want. Thanks

12. fleyeline

fleyeline Petroleum Consumer

Name:
    Beau
    Boat:
    WD
    I remember being out and everyone was at the 182 high spot not seeing shit, maybe a few paddies with no-one home. I saw the crowd and went elsewhere and found three paddies loaded with fish and tried to get some others on it but they thought I was full of shit. No one else was around. I just like to find my own fish...sometimes it's worth it....sometimes it's not. Maybe I will join the commotion next time, sounds like fun. I just get irritated at the way others don't know what the hell they are doing and turn off a bite. That is why I prefer to stay away from the crowds, but somehow the crowd finds me most of the time. Anyway I like to be out on the open seas whether I'm catching fish or not so I plan on burning a lot of fuel. Sorry if I offended you....see you on the HIGH spot.:smoking33:

13. DA OTTA B BIGGA

DA OTTA B BIGGA Newbie

Name:
    Nic
    Boat:
    15'klamath, DA OTTA B BIGGA
    I CALL BS THAT TUNA IS DEFINITELY PHOTO SHOPPED IN. TIN CANS DON'T FLOAT AND THE HALF DAY BOAT DOESN'T RUN TO THE 182. J/K IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU GOT OUT THERE, I'VE BEEN TELLING J YOU GUYS SHOULD BE OUT THERE, MY DAD AND I GOT THEM TODAY AT THE 182 ON POORPISS AND A ZOO IT WAS.
    P.S. IS THAT A COFFEE GRINDER IN YOUR AVITAR.

14. jeffdalton

jeffdalton "Well Known" Member

Name:
    Jeff Dalton
    Boat:
    21' Parker/Stealth Stix
    No offense taken. For the most part I hate fishing in the crowds. To be honest I get a little pissed when we're catching fish and I hear another boat call out the numbers. I figure they're going to find us anyway, you don't need to announce it to everyone on the frickin radio.

15. DavePloessel

DavePloessel Overinflated Peacock

Name:
    Dave P
    Boat:
    nope
    Yeah. Do your fucking research.

The guy you posted a photo of was on spearboard argueing with other people about other stuff all day long tuesday. Unless he (me) has internet on his ski(and i don't), it was someone else.

Like I said, do your fucking research before you put someone on public blast, asshat.

For everyone else: we carry coolers and/or fishbags on rescue sleds for.... fish(duh). It's hardly like skis have a lot of hold space. Those of us that run them out there do so because we like getting there fast, and like getting 8 mpg doing so, plus some of us can't afford the price of a nice Parker.

It's kinda pathetic. If you see someone on an expensive boat with a nice fish, you say good job. If they're on a ski, somehow they're a bad guy. You're a snob.

16. DavePloessel

DavePloessel Overinflated Peacock

Name:
    Dave P
    Boat:
    nope
    Ya know what, I wasn't going to post anymore on this topic, but Saluki has inspired me to set the story straight.

I know the guy who was out there on his ski. He's a very good fisherman, a good diver, and a great waterman. Really knows his stuff.

He was out there, found the mammals on the high spot alongwith just about every single boat out on tues, and started trolling, working the edge of the pod, going in the same direction. What happens? One of the idiots zipping back and forth cuts his line off. Retie. Start trolling, same thing happens again, different boat though.

-As someone who goes out there on a ski this happens all the time. What's so hard to understand about a ski trolling? OPEN YOUR FUCKING EYES PEOPLE. If there is a bent rod pointing back, and a boat is moving along at about 5 knots, maybe going by 30' off their stern isn't such a good idea.

Anyways, my buddy catches a couple YFT rod and reel, but keeps getting buzzed by guys on boats - just generally getting no respect - so he says "fuck it, if these guys are going to run over my lines, I'm going to try and get in and shoot a tuna instead"

Here's where it get's really crazy. As he's getting ready, a boat comes up and the captian starts screaming at him, then when he gets in the water, the captain trys to run him over. He dives down and watches the boat do a few circles over his head.

Think about that: the captian was intentionally trying to run over a swimmer. Over tuna.

What the fuck is wrong with that guy? I get he doesn't want a diver in the water, but trying to KILL someone over it? Seriously dude, if you are out there reading this, you need to take some anger management classes or something and lern to chill the hell out.

17. halfdayhank

halfdayhank RECYCLED BEER CAN'S

Name:
    HENRY
    Boat:
    bayrunner cc 19 "TIN CAN"
    yea rhadical, point taken.. no need for foul language on the radio
    i didnt use any it realy wasnt worth it , just trying to get some guys to calm down and work it. that's all.

18. Hooops

Hooops I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Hoops
    Boat:
    17ft Whaler Montauk - "TYFISH"
    Nice catch - good gettin out Hank.

19. halfdayhank

Name:
    HENRY
    Boat:
    giant bayrunner or bayliner? I PARTICULARLY remember a big aqua blue
    colerd boat that was a bit agro.

20. halfdayhank

Name:
    HENRY
    Boat:
    BITE ME NICk!!!THE COFFEE GRINDER WAS FOR MY POP
    IT JUST MAKE'S FOR A BETTER DAY , TRUST ME..
    GLAD TO HERE YOU AND YOUR DAD GOT OUT..
    TELL JASON TO GET OFF HIS ASS AND GO FISHING!:frehya2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.