Kona Kayak Fishing Guide?

drsneeze

Jun 19, 2017
Arizona
Name
Darrell
Boat
Hobie Outback
Hey all - I wanted to see if anyone knows of any current kayak fishing guides on the Big Island. The only one I could find that had anything advertised was Nahele Outfitters. I emailed them and am waiting for a response (I may have to call I guess). I contacted Rob Wong Yuen but he is no longer guiding.

I would love to try fishing from a kayak there, but I'm also really intimidated since I'm a lake kayak fisherman...!

Thanks!

Upvote 0

drsneeze

Jun 19, 2017
Arizona
Name
Darrell
Boat
Hobie Outback
Well, in case anyone is interested, I couldn't find anyone who currently is guiding for kayak fishing in Kona (Nahele outfitters got back to me and is not doing any at this time).

So...I'm going to do a regular charter. I'll try to report back afterwards.

Upvote 0

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Well, in case anyone is interested, I couldn't find anyone who currently is guiding for kayak fishing in Kona (Nahele outfitters got back to me and is not doing any at this time).

So...I'm going to do a regular charter. I'll try to report back afterwards.
Sorry I had missed this, and I am sure you would have found Rob in your search, see link below he got into some crazy fish over on Hawaii Island quite a few years ago..

Upvote 0

drsneeze

Jun 19, 2017
Arizona
Name
Darrell
Boat
Hobie Outback
I would have loved to try that, but I couldn't find a way to make it work. It's ok - I will be able to bring my family on the boat. I wanted to fish more days, but I'm glad I got to do at least one!

Upvote 0