Kona info/fishing report??

Discussion in 'Hawaii Fishing Reports' started by LS Fishing, Jan 21, 2011.

1. LS Fishing

LS Fishing Newbie

Name:
    Larry Stopper
    Boat:
    Fearless & Fearless II
    Hey guys going to be in Kona next month and would like some info on how fishing is going. Looks like I will have some time to do some fishing. Who would you fish with??I have only been over in the summer what can I expect for weather?? Can I get some input on how the fishing is going now and how it might be in late February.. Can you tell me is there much fishing out of Kaui.(sp)

Thanks Aloha

2. Wigy

Wigy Newbie

Name:
    Wigy
    How is it going? The bite right now as of last two days, has been a lot of stripe marlin about 200-300#, There have been a dozen Blues caught 400-600#, Spearfish are also being caught in the 35-50# range. The mahi mahi have slowed lately due to unstable current lines and lack of floaters. The Ono (wahoo) have just started to show. There have been large swells showing up, about one a week, that has made safe passage in and out of harbor not possible. By the time you get here the same fish will be feeding with more ono showing up and the spearfish starting to move on. The swell will be gone and the weather well it is Kona so perfect.

3. LS Fishing

LS Fishing Newbie

Name:
    Larry Stopper
    Boat:
    Fearless & Fearless II
    Thanks Wigy.:cheers:you da man

4. kingfisher1

kingfisher1 Member

Name:
    Aaron
    Boat:
    n/a
    Larry -

The Ahi are in as well. We targeted these and picked up an 80lb and an 188lb on Thursday. Give Russ a call on the Lepika. Kona Hawaii Sport Fishing Lepika. He's an awesome fisherman.

5. Mingo

Mingo Newbie

Name:
    Mingo
    Boat:
    in the future
    I agree 100%. Russ just e-mailed me, they took 5 yellowfin from 130 to 180 lbs yesterday!

Good luck and have fun fishing Kona.

6. Startmeup

Startmeup Official Sponsor of Bloodydecks Advertiser

Name:
    Lee
    Boat:
    Start Me Up Sportfishing
    Just remember they only get bigger in Kona. You can catch a nice fish any month of the year there. Go to the harbor when you get there and check it out. Weigh-in is around 3 pm on the full days, good place to start. As far as Kauai, great fishing, but rougher weather. Windward side fishing compared to the ultimate Leeward side fishing in Kona. Good LucK, Deliman

7. hookup2

hookup2 Newbie

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    30 mako
    Yes, Capt. Russ on the Lepika is the man! You can reach him at (808) 960-0068. Good luck! I wish I was going!!!