hagridfish

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 21, 2008
Aurora Colorado
Name
Kevin
Boat Name
None
Just came back from a 6 day 7 night trip to Kodiak Sportsmans Lodge.
What a fabulous experience!!! The people who run the lodge and that work there were amazing, to say the least. The food was over the top, and the lodge itself was very very comfortable! The boats used are powered catamarans. A little bit of a bouncy ride in the slop, but comfortable to fish out of. The fishing was truly amazing! Halibut, black bass, cod, ling cod, yellow eye, salmon, and assorted rock fish. The weather was agreeable, I never even wore a jacket. Speaking of which. The lodge supplies rain gear and deck boots! All you need are a change of clothes as the also have laundry facilities at the lodge. My mind isn’t what it used to be since the surgery, so I know I’ll miss some details. Feel free to ask me any questions.
There are several choices for breakfast each morning, they will even package it for you as a mid morning snack if you desire. They pack sandwiches for lunch along with chips cookies, etc…. We even had apples! They also carry bottled water on board as well as sodas or your requested beverages.
The longest boat ride we took was a solid 1 hour then we were fishing! And fished our way back to the dock. My better half even joined me on this trip 👍👍👍. She said she came along because every morning the boat goes out, and in the evening it comes back. Fish cleaning is included in the price. You can get up to 2 50 lb. Boxes of filets included in the price. A third box will cost approximately $100.00 plus the cost for the extra bag for Alaska airlines.
We had to make 2 attempts to land on Kodiak island upon our arrival. There was one more scheduled flight the night we were flying in, and we made land on our second attempt. Visibility was next to zero!!! Thick cloud’s etc… if you decide to go, you won’t be disappointed. The place is clean and comfortable, and the people are helpful and friendly. Enjoy it’s a great place!!!

peter7883

Apr 21, 2012
San Diego
Name
Peter
Boat Name
Skipjack
Just came back from a 6 day 7 night trip to Kodiak Sportsmans Lodge.
What a fabulous experience!!! The people who run the lodge and that work there were amazing, to say the least. The food was over the top, and the lodge itself was very very comfortable! The boats used are powered catamarans. A little bit of a bouncy ride in the slop, but comfortable to fish out of. The fishing was truly amazing! Halibut, black bass, cod, ling cod, yellow eye, salmon, and assorted rock fish. The weather was agreeable, I never even wore a jacket. Speaking of which. The lodge supplies rain gear and deck boots! All you need are a change of clothes as the also have laundry facilities at the lodge. My mind isn’t what it used to be since the surgery, so I know I’ll miss some details. Feel free to ask me any questions.
There are several choices for breakfast each morning, they will even package it for you as a mid morning snack if you desire. They pack sandwiches for lunch along with chips cookies, etc…. We even had apples! They also carry bottled water on board as well as sodas or your requested beverages.
The longest boat ride we took was a solid 1 hour then we were fishing! And fished our way back to the dock. My better half even joined me on this trip 👍👍👍. She said she came along because every morning the boat goes out, and in the evening it comes back. Fish cleaning is included in the price. You can get up to 2 50 lb. Boxes of filets included in the price. A third box will cost approximately $100.00 plus the cost for the extra bag for Alaska airlines.
We had to make 2 attempts to land on Kodiak island upon our arrival. There was one more scheduled flight the night we were flying in, and we made land on our second attempt. Visibility was next to zero!!! Thick cloud’s etc… if you decide to go, you won’t be disappointed. The place is clean and comfortable, and the people are helpful and friendly. Enjoy it’s a great place!!!
Was there last week. Your comments are spot on. The place is a 1st class operation.

Upvote 0

hagridfish

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 21, 2008
Aurora Colorado
Name
Kevin
Boat Name
None
04A88E73-5CEE-435C-B92F-72659AF4332D.jpeg

Reactions: One_Leg
Upvote 0