Seeking Kodak Moments
  • May 17, 2011
    Shelton, WA Mason
    www.sagecreekforums.com
    Name
    Greg Eastman
    Boat
    Kodak II - Arima SL 22
    For this season, that is. Friends Mike and Hank went with me Friday to launch the boat and get ready for the next day. That's what I selected when checking the tides and currents on the Garmin plotter. Near full moon and max ebb flow for 13' tide differental was a concern but crossing the bar after 6 rather than o
    ur usual 5 AM looked manageable.

That was So wrong, two angles of Big waves took constant vigilance and dodging a whale and a 18' log added to the fun (Later I found that I had hit the next day twice so my prior planning was not correct. )

We made it to 140' FOW and started the kicker and began trolling but kept getting red jelly fish on the gear and having to wipe it off with an old towel. We kept going W toward deeper water and got to an area more clear of the nusience jellies and waves settled down.

Over the years Mike seemed to have the hot setup for salmon and he hooked a couple smaller salmon before getting one that took a while getting it to the net. It weighed 14+ #. I had been using 4 and 3" spoons but changed to a white and blue hoochie based on Mike's success and radio report from Genie Aye who had his 2 salmon in the box.

After an hour I finally had a take down that stuck and managed to get the 17.5# king in the boat. Hank got a small one to the boat that was released in hopes of a bigger one. Finally his 11.7# fish came aboard at noon- hooked while Mike and I were cleaning fish so things got busy for a while. Back to the dock with following seas and on the road about 1:30. A nice ending for the first trip for salmon. We didn't see any coho salmon but the season for them should be a good one.

Mike gear.jpg
    G king.jpg
    G rod.jpg
    Hank k.jpg
    M 14 King.jpeg

GregE

Seeking Kodak Moments
  • May 17, 2011
    Shelton, WA Mason
    www.sagecreekforums.com
    Name
    Greg Eastman
    Boat
    Kodak II - Arima SL 22
    MIne is pretty easy to remember.... We had three guys named Greg on our softball team. I've been GregE for 40 years so started using that on many web sites
    Now if I could just remember my passwords...... ;)

Reactions: Benjam99
    Upvote 0