Knotty, Where's Your Annual Preseason TOSU NC Rant?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by BiggestT, Aug 20, 2017.

1. BiggestT

BiggestT I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    I need a fix about now.:D;)

2. KnotyBuoyz

KnotyBuoyz Not so newbie anymore

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    Well T, I was thinking about you after hearing rankings talk on the radio this afternoon. Why did I know you would be lurking? Your game plan is becoming predictable, might consider mixing things up.:D

Thanks for asking nonetheless, might as well get the party started. I noticed tOSU Buckeyes were mentioned near the top, but must have missed the Utes mentioning, where did they fall? Seems like the Bucks are right where they need to be at this juncture, right?

Bucks will be sporting some new coaches on both sides of the ball, which always makes things interesting. Hope the new offensive coordinator and any systems he brings in takes hold quickly.

Bottom line is that unlike most teams, tOSU has control of its own destiny and I like that. As Denny Green once said "they are who we thought they were", a National Championship contender, year after year after year.

I'm starting to think you have one eye on the Buckeyes and one on the Utes, so you are coming around. Good luck to your squad T.

3. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    J.T. Barrett: if he plays like he did the last couple games of last year, tOSU is going to a pre-Xmas Bowl.

4. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    Concur T, but that is not going to happen. I am sure Urban has a very short leash on Barrett. They were four deep with four star guys at quarterback, until Joe Burrow hurt his throwing hand. If Barrett struggles, they will plug in Dwayne Haskins, who can throw it well.

The Burrow injury leaves Tate Martell as third man up. Do I need to refresh your memory about what happened last time tOSU Buckeyes plugged in a third sting guy? Think Cardale Jones and a National Championship:urno1:

We got guys who "didn't come here to play school", we be deep at every position.:D

5. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    Psst Hey T, pay attention would ya:hali_ruahahaha:

6. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    I got it. tOSU doesn't have a QB. We've already covered Tate Martell; he will always be a back-up. Should be interesting to watch, but not the scoreboard.;)

7. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    T,T,T, you are just not grasping it bro. No QB? At some point one must recognize that when a team is loaded with talent, guys don't stand out as much. Pretty good chance that offense will be nothing like last years. Something tells me you will have one eye on the Utes and the other on tOSU. Enjoy the show:D

8. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    The old expression: When you have more than one QB, you don't have a QB.

Yes should be interesting to watch. B1G is being universally panned for being top heavy with a couple good teams and the rest is just scrimmage fodder. A glance at tOSU's schedule confirms this. Toughest games are Penn St. at home and Meatchicken on the road. They miss Wisconsin. The rest of the schedule is a walk in the park.

9. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    If only we had a QB worthy of your scouting standards T. Might put up a hundred in every game. Instead we got off to a slow start and only got half that. Have you had your eyes and ears checked lately?:D

10. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    I was relishing your sweaty panties during that "slow" start. You're lucky as tOSU only has 2 other games on their schedule where they'll be challenged. But they'll fuck it up like last year, not even winning their Division, let alone their Conference, yet still get into the CFP only to be humiliated 31-0. It's a Legacy thing.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  11. KnotyBuoyz

Name:
    Randall
    Boat:
    27x10
    Oh no, absolutely no sweat in the first half of the first game. Freight trains take awhile to get going, but once they do it is hard to stop them. Seems like I recall Indiana giving your boys all they could handle and it came down to a controversial field goal. Indy has some game.

Oklahoma, @ Nebraska, Penn St, @ Iowa, Michigan St and @ Michigan. All respectable programs, all capable of putting up a competitive game.

So much for your "top heavy" analysis of the B1G. Pretty sure that theory went out the window already when Rutgers gave Washington a game, now Maryland is up 21-7 on Texas. I am thinking it is better to have a few heavyweights at the top, than to have none at all.:D

12. BiggestT

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    When I saw the preseason rankings, right off I knew that Texas should not be ranked and they lived up to that. Texas has no Defense. Maryland is much improved showing a lot of speed. Unfortunately, Maryland suffered a season's worth of injuries in just one game. My FA at Morgan Stanley is president of the University of Maryland Alumni Association and was at the game, so I was trading texts during the game. As he said, they're undefeated under his presidency.

I think both UW and USC are overrated and they showed that. You could give UW a hall pass for traveling 2,700 miles and looking past Rutgers. USC was at home and WMU showed their defense to be quite suspect. Darnold throwing 2 INTs did not help his Heisman cause and he took a couple sacks with that rookie OL in front of him, all issues that I was focused on preseason. USC will likely lose to Stanford at home. Stanford returns most of their OL and DL, whereas USC's OL has 4 new starters and USC's run stopper, Steve T who was a Utah grad transfer, is gone and that really showed yesterday. If not for USC's depth of talent, WMU was there slugging it out toe-to-toe with USC yesterday.

Utah faces BYU this week and based on their showings at Portland State and LSU, they suck. Put your money on Utah, regardless of the spread. Utah has an abundance of speed and will absolutely throttle BYU, guaranteed.

Yeah tOSU picked it up in the second half, but that first half was dicey.

KnotyBuoyz likes this.