BiggestT

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Big T is not going to like you hijacking his thread with Ute v Trojan smack or your prognosis, but I approve. :D

He is also is not going to like hearing that his defense is getting pushed around by an offense lead by a third string QB, that Zack Moss is hurt again and seems to be injury prone, that his team is making numerous mental errors, that the Utes are down at the half and their playoff hopes are slipping away, but that seems to be was is happening.
To be correct, it was several large chunk pass plays, most to the side away from Jaylon Johnson. Safety Julian Blackmon did a poor job all night. Otherwise, D held them to 20 yards rushing.

OL played poorly. Team played sloppy with 16 penalties, though roughly equal to SC in total penalty yards (man there were some really bad calls both ways). 2 TDs in 7 red zone appearances is not going to get it done. Sweep to the the left side was there all night and they choose to smash it up the middle at the goal line. SMH.

I got home from SF 11:30 PM Thursday night. Up at 4:45 AM to catch 6:00 AM train to LA where I taped my eyelids up for a full day of quarterly staff meetings. So I slept in Saturday, then watched games all day through the end of that crazy UCLA @ WSU game. Wife is up in MT so I can do what I want. Back to SF first flight Monday AM.

Have the following Friday off and need to pick boat up from Jeff Hull in Ventura. Full refurb fiberglass work is finally done and boat is ready for motors to be mounted in SD. Still a long ways to as I have to rewire, hydraulic steering, hardtop modfications, etc. Seems it never ends. Just busy.

Last edited:

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
USC was looking past BYU to Utah. Then they played the game of their lives against Utah who failed to make adjustments to shut down the long passes. USC back to its normal self losing to UW. USC will probably lose a couple more games.

Reactions: invictus

invictus

AVD
May 26, 2006
Orange County
Name
Jason
Boat
Tiara 2000 Cuddy
USC was looking past BYU to Utah. Then they played the game of their lives against Utah who failed to make adjustments to shut down the long passes. USC back to its normal self losing to UW. USC will probably lose a couple more games.
SC will lose more games, but exposed Utah in their win as a non playoff team.

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
On one paid site they maintain a won loss record for PAC 12 teams in their next game after playing Utah. It’s not good.

USC is one hit away on Fink from fielding a walk-on Safety at QB.

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
So using that logic, Clemson is a non-playoff team after barley escaping a loss to UNC. F’n UNC is garbage. The entire ACC is garbage. The Big 10, other than Wisconsin, Penn St and tOSU is garbage. The PAC 12 has the best OOC Record against P5 Conferences. The parity in the PAC 12 is far better than any other P5 Conference. As a result, the injury attrition is greater than the other conferences. Just ask USC. Meanwhile, tOSU fans get their rocks off when their team goes RUTS on the sisters of the poor.

Last edited:

KnotyBuoyz

Not so newbie anymore
Jul 22, 2008
SD County
Name
Randall
Boat
27x10
The MEDIOCRITY in the PAC 12 is far better than any other P5 Conference. As a result, the TOP TEAMS IN THE PAC ARE LESS than the other conferences. Just ask USC and Washington, as they both were not competitive against the Buckeyes. Meanwhile, tOSU fans get their rocks off when their team goes RUTS on the sisters of the poor, which includes the two best teams the pac had to offer in recent years.
Fixed it for you T. Now, can you please clarify how you define the difference between middle of the road teams and garbage? Curious minds want to know.

Its like SDSU Coach Rocky Long said, “there are 5 or 6 programs that are head and shoulders above the rest, and everybody else is about equal”. By your standards, seems like if you are not one of those 5 or 6, you are “garbage”. Pretty fricken harsh assessment of 98% of college football programs. I’m moving post 29 to the garbage can bro.

invictus

AVD
May 26, 2006
Orange County
Name
Jason
Boat
Tiara 2000 Cuddy
So using that logic, Clemson is a non-playoff team after barley escaping a loss to UNC. F’n UNC is garbage. The entire ACC is garbage. The Big 10, other than Wisconsin, Penn St and tOSU is garbage. The PAC 12 has the best OOC Record against P5 Conferences. The parity in the PAC 12 is far better than any other P5 Conference. As a result, the injury attrition is greater than the other conferences. Just ask USC. Meanwhile, tOSU fans get their rocks off when their team goes RUTS on the sisters of the poor.
No, because they won. Winning is not losing.

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
tOSU Buckeyes have four games against currently ranked teams remaining, the Utes have two. Who has the weaker more garbage like schedule:confused:
Sparty lost at home to unranked ASU. Sparty should not be ranked.

Meatchicken nearly lost to Army. Meatchicken is a joke and should not be ranked.

Above teams are ranked solely because of media bias towards legacy teams. Their on the field results do not merit their rankings. You know that, but nonetheless count them as wins like counting cheap Vegas hookers as scores.

invictus

AVD
May 26, 2006
Orange County
Name
Jason
Boat
Tiara 2000 Cuddy
Guess the pollsters saw otherwise. Pure luck is not a quality win.
Ya, busted them all the way down to number 2. Showed them!

Every National Championship team has A game like that, every one. That’s why they play them all.

And the Army MeatChicken game, I was rooting like mad for my Knights, that would have been awesome.

Reactions: KnotyBuoyz

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate

Every National Championship team has A game like that, every one. That’s why they play them all.

And the Army MeatChicken game, I was rooting like mad for my Knights, that would have been awesome.
Look at the FPI for remaining games on tOSU’s schedule and only Penn St (77.9%) comes in at less than an 80% win percentage. This despite Michigan and Wisconsin still being ranked. Seems to be quite the divergence between media ranking and actual expected win %, but I’ve known that for a long f’n time.

Aside from tOSU and Wisconsin, the BIG 10 is full of predictable garbage teams. tOSU RUTS and racks up the stats against teams like Rutgers, Nebraska, Miami Ohio. They’ve played no one so far. Most of those teams have recruiting classes in the bottom half of the FBS, yet tOSU fan is all proud of those results. Then comes the unexpected game where they shit the bed. Who will that be this year? Penn St or Wisconsin? We know it won’t be Sharty, Meatchicken, or Rutgers, or NW who’s QB is ranked near the bottom of FBS with a 22 QBR.

Last edited:

KnotyBuoyz

Not so newbie anymore
Jul 22, 2008
SD County
Name
Randall
Boat
27x10
yet tOSU fan is all proud of those results.
You damn right I am happy about tOSU Buckeyes winning every game thus far in dominating fashion. Sure beats the hell out of loosing to a third string QB playing for a unranked team.

While there is no question the Buckeyes do not really have a high quality win against a top ranked team, yet, they have looked like one of the best teams in the country. One that most folks think can contend for a Natty.

Time will tell T, be patient and hang on tight. There are plenty of weeks left for you to hang onto that “they will shit the bed” hope.

KnotyBuoyz

Not so newbie anymore
Jul 22, 2008
SD County
Name
Randall
Boat
27x10

True statement, very true. Not sure why some don’t seem to want to acknowledge that. I ain’t buying that if you struggle to win one against a lesser ranked opponent, or blow out that lesser opponent, it is a “garbage team” win.

KnotyBuoyz

Not so newbie anymore
Jul 22, 2008
SD County
Name
Randall
Boat
27x10
Look at the FPI
Why? Who cares about some football power rankings developed by ESPN, who by the way, has done nothing but downgrade the B1G, since the B1G took their show to Fox.

Please tell us you ain’t buying into Heather Dinich garbage:confused: