Willing Member
  • Jun 25, 2014
    Chula Vista
    www.youtube.com
    Name
    Will
    Boat
    Purr-Sea-Stance / Montauk 170
    Up at 3:30, Left my house at about 5am and trailered to SI. Loaded with bait by 6am and on our way out into the great blue Pacific Lake (again).

The water was sooo flat today. We headed out at about 30mph to the 182 to see if anything was happening North of our Tuesday trip. My boat is tiny so this is a big treat to be able to ocean travel this fast.

My buddy James was along for the ride and he is a GREAT knife jig fisherman. You’ve probably seen his photo on The San Diego modeling larger BFTs with his brother Mike. We were supposed to take his brother along in my buddy Michael’s boat but the Mikes canceled on us.

The water was super clean and about 64.3 degrees around the 9 Mile bank and as we got out further it dropped down to 61.4. We found so many paddies that I stopped marking them. One held not only bait fish but also a few yellow tail. James got to work jigging and I pinned on a fresh Sardine (what’s on the menu at E-Bros today). I caught one YT and got a bite on the jigging set up that James had brought for me to try. Lemme tell ya it’s way harder than he makes it look. But I had a bite marks on my jig to prove that I had gotten a nibble. That was very exciting.

We saw many dolphin pods, six balloons and a paddy with several Molas on it, one that was huge. We kept heading West to find the warmer water again but never did find it. We were about 14 miles South of SCI and had 70 miles into 34 gallons of fuel... ruh roh! Being safety minded I planned a route back to the intersection of the border and the Nine Mile bank. The water warmed ever so slightly and got greener and greener. We called it a day when we got there and headed in. Pulled the boat by 4pm. I’d go South if you’re going out soon.
    Oh yeah, guess what was waiting for me under my hose bib when washing boat? Is San Diego becoming Australia 🇦🇺?
    Summary: 137 miles, 6 balloons, 1 great day with James and 1 10# YT.

Will’s Total Balloons so far this year= 29*

* this may not matter unless Ali steps up or you care to wager me personally. 😂

3DEDF226-7F17-4811-8FB6-B73F81F5A560.jpeg

5E43B9F4-7EC7-45EB-B4EA-6E92D92A8CFE.jpeg

4CB78979-6E0E-4D7B-AA94-CB2D4BB61106.jpeg

E5DE345C-413E-4161-BF6D-6470C074A6E2.jpeg

Last edited:

stuman

Brawndo the thirst mutilator
    Sep 18, 2004
    Oside
    Name
    stu
    Boat
    skiff
    While certainly not definitive, this evidence does suggest that the brown widow is likely to be more hostile and aggressive towards its relative, the black widow, than the black widow is towards it. If that proves to be true, humans may be positively affected since brown widow bites are less toxic than those of black widows, thus posing less of a threat as they displace black widows over time.[10]

Upvote 0

Willdoggy

Willing Member
  • Jun 25, 2014
    Chula Vista
    www.youtube.com
    Name
    Will
    Boat
    While certainly not definitive, this evidence does suggest that the brown widow is likely to be more hostile and aggressive towards its relative, the black widow, than the black widow is towards it. If that proves to be true, humans may be positively affected since brown widow bites are less toxic than those of black widows, thus posing less of a threat as they displace black widows over time.[10]

I’ve got plenty of brown widows in the patio furniture (their favorite place) to take care of this problem.

Upvote 0

SMYLEE

3 different fishermen use this account
    Mar 9, 2011
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Name
    ""
    Boat
    24'custom
    Up at 3:30, Left my house at about 5am and trailered to SI. Loaded with bait by 6am and on our way out into the great blue Pacific Lake (again).

The water was sooo flat today. We headed out at about 30mph to the 182 to see if anything was happening North of our Tuesday trip. My boat is tiny so this is a big treat to be able to ocean travel this fast.

My buddy James was along for the ride and he is a GREAT knife jig fisherman. You’ve probably seen his photo on The San Diego modeling larger BFTs with his brother Mike. We were supposed to take his brother along in my buddy Michael’s boat but the Mikes canceled on us.

The water was super clean and about 64.3 degrees around the 9 Mile bank and as we got out further it dropped down to 61.4. We found so many paddies that I stopped marking them. One held not only bait fish but also a few yellow tail. James got to work jigging and I pinned on a fresh Sardine (what’s on the menu at E-Bros today). I caught one YT and got a bite on the jigging set up that James had brought for me to try. Lemme tell ya it’s way harder than he makes it look. But I had a bite marks on my jig to prove that I had gotten a nibble. That was very exciting.

We saw many dolphin pods, six balloons and a paddy with several Molas on it, one that was huge. We kept heading West to find the warmer water again but never did find it. We were about 14 miles South of SCI and had 70 miles into 34 gallons of fuel... ruh roh! Being safety minded I planned a route back to the intersection of the border and the Nine Mile bank. The water warmed ever so slightly and got greener and greener. We called it a day when we got there and headed in. Pulled the boat by 4pm. I’d go South if you’re going out soon.
    Oh yeah, guess what was waiting for me under my hose bib when washing boat? Is San Diego becoming Australia 🇦🇺?
    Summary: 137 miles, 6 balloons, 1 great day with James and 1 10# YT.

Will’s Total Balloons so far this year= 29*

* this may not matter unless Ali steps up or you care to wager me personally. 😂

View attachment 1286385

View attachment 1286386

View attachment 1286387

View attachment 1286388
    Thank you for the report! I've been bitten twice from widows (one of each) but the brown widow bite was WAY worse then the black. Dying felt like a good option. That following day.

-The brown widow that I'm talking about tho was the muticolored widow variant. It was purple&white. With black belly and normal red hourglass. Caught it in a cup to bring it in. The 2 widows are cross breeding. And have been for some time now.

I still have a indent from what it did to my leg. Loss some flesh on that one. I didnt make it in to the DR. Till around hour 24-36 after being bit. I was to late at that point.

(Lakeside life)

Last edited:
    • Wow
    Reactions: Willdoggy
    Upvote 0

Willdoggy

Willing Member
  • Jun 25, 2014
    Chula Vista
    www.youtube.com
    Name
    Will
    Boat
    I thought this video had originally loaded but here is a You Tube link of James doing his Jigging! This is not as easy as it looks so don't try this at home kids.

BTW James is now selling his knife jigs and they are doing great on the sport boats. The last trip he had on Tuesday on the Grande a man bought one and landed his PB BFT at 188 pounds! Here is the other BFT caught that day by James at 40#s with one of his knife jigs. Fully rigged and ready to go out of the bag!

PNG image.png

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    I thought this video had originally loaded but here is a You Tube link of James doing his Jigging! This is not as easy as it looks so don't try this at home kids.

BTW James is now selling his knife jigs and they are doing great on the sport boats. The last trip he had on Tuesday on the Grande a man bought one and land his PB BFT at 188 pounds! Here is the other BFT caught that day by James at 40#s with one of his knife jigs. Fully rigged and ready to go out of the bag!

View attachment 1286605
    GOOD JOB GUYS

Upvote 0

Willdoggy

Willing Member
  • Jun 25, 2014
    Chula Vista
    www.youtube.com
    Name
    Will
    Boat
    Wet Willy dry Wallets available now. Just made a few. Now with (10) zip bags instead of (8). Please message me if you’d like one.
    $20 + Shipping or meet up. Keeping Law Enforcers on your side and making your life easier.
    Lemme know. Thanks very much
    Will

68A62A97-8BAE-4F7E-A9A6-2407C1DCA010.jpeg

Upvote 0

walter heim

Feb 20, 2021
    San Diego
    Name
    walter heim
    Boat
    Bayrunner
    GOOD JOB GUYS
    Thanx for the video on fishing knife jigs. I researched these years ago after watching how well they worked on youtube videos. On the west coast, they did not seem to catch on as most ended up in bargain bins. I bought several. I tried fishing them for cod with some success. As stated, working them is not as easy as it looks. Good to see them catching on and I hope James sells a ton of them.

Upvote 0

Latest posts