Knife dilema

Discussion in 'Camping & 4x4' started by BadKarma, Jul 24, 2011.

1. BadKarma

BadKarma Newbie

Name:
    Dylan
    Boat:
    It's big, red, and lots of lights
    im considering getting a sog knife to replace my gerber lmf ii. im currently looking at the tech bowie and gov tac. any one have any experience with either? are there any other blades i should consider? its going to serve as a dive/fishing/camp/survival/hunting knife. no longer than 12", no shorter than 9". stainless, stainless, stainless....

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  2. DRH

DRH NONE-YA

Name:
    DALE....
    Boat:
    get something cheap, cause if you dive with it you will get RUST. the situations that you want to to use this knife is very wide and probably 2-3 knives could fit the need very well. fishing you would need a thin blade, hunt you need a big belly for skinning, and camp/survive a strong backbone is needed. i would suggest a k-bar camp knife, marbles for hunting and any fishing store will have the knife to cut fish, and to dive ???
    i hope this helps

3. Skip Jackson

Skip Jackson Recovering LandLubber

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    31' Aiwych
    Get a Swiss Army knife with a corkscrew feature. At least then you could open a bottle of wine and get drunk to ease the pain of not having one knife that fills all of your requirements.

4. Skip Jackson

Skip Jackson Recovering LandLubber

Name:
    Dave
    Boat:
    31' Aiwych
    Get a Swiss Army knife with a corkscrew feature. At least then you could open a bottle of wine and get drunk to ease the pain of not having one knife that fills all of your requirements.

I'm still looking for a single fuel that is free and will power my car (gas), truck (diesel), camp stove (LPG), portable electric devices (NiMH, akaline), home needs (natural gas & electric) & BBQ (charcoal)......