The Canvas Man

Ken'z Custom Canvas
Feb 6, 2008
San Diego
Name
KEN
Boat
25 Hydra sport
I have a tanacom 1000 and looking to put some braid on it for flying the kite. How ever I would also like to use this reel for deep drop swards 80# seems perfect for just a kite but would going to 100# be to heavy for the kite. Or would I need to go to something a little heavier for swards.
Thanks for your help

Upvote 0

Northeastfshman

I see OJ
  • Dec 20, 2008
    San Clemente
    Name
    Brett Weinberg
    Boat
    Parker 2120SCDV
    I have a tanacom 1000 and looking to put some braid on it for flying the kite. How ever I would also like to use this reel for deep drop swards 80# seems perfect for just a kite but would going to 100# be to heavy for the kite. Or would I need to go to something a little heavier for swards.
    Thanks for your help

100 is to heavy for deep drop. 65 or 80 (and I wouldn't use the reel to deep drop).

Upvote 0

XPL051v3

Almost A Member
  • Nov 26, 2017
    Deep Blue
    www.youtube.com
    Name
    XPL051v3
    Boat
    Backseat Boater
    Always have used 80# braid for the kite reel. Never have deep dropped with the 1000, but I have seen videos people catching Swordfish deep dropping. Don’t see why it wouldn’t work. I also use it with 150# braid when fishing north for Salmon. I just switch it out depending what I’m using it for.

Upvote 0

Dave Coopman

Almost A Member
    May 26, 2019
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Dave Coopman
    Boat
    Judge 27
    I know it’s the shits to hear, but tbh you need a lingren-pitman reel. Other option 80 size 2-speed.
    You can get away with a 500 tunacom with 65 braid for kite reel. You’re going to need a tiny sampo swivel to get through the level wind.
    I use the 500 so it’s doable for kite reel.

Upvote 0