Saltwater KING CHAOS, Port angeles

kingfreak

Jul 20, 2010
Bonney lake/wa/us
Name
Chris keithley
Boat
26’ Fish-Rite seastorm.
On this one day outing to port angeles we fished with my cousin, Jon "olysteelheader" my girlfriend and her dad. the 4 of us set out at 1:45 from lake tapps and started on out 2 hour drive. The boat was in the water by 4:30. As we got to the end of ediz hook the weather was nasty but we decided to tough it out and head to the hot spot anyway. Very good decision! ten min into our first troll headin west, the back rod: diver, mini hot spot, and cut plug slammed and fish on. After a short chinese fire drill we got it together and had the fish in the net..17# hatch. What comes next is quite humiliating at the least. We were in the fish, hook up after hook off, over and over again. out of 8 fish in a row, LINE SCREAMERS, we only got one in the box.I hate the feeling of wondering how large that one that got away was. so my cuz and i put our heads together figured out a system. mind you "we're not fishing on my boat, a very organized boat i may add." you guys know what it's like fishin on someone els's boat..after that, it was one fish after another in the box.caught one 25 lb nate. our hook up to landing ratio was under 60 % and that's upsetting but we got our limits and had a blast anyway. What an absolute awesome day on the water.

Attachments

• fish 028.jpg
    fish 028.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 161
  • fish 039.jpg
    fish 039.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 80
  • pa fish 007.jpg
    pa fish 007.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 179

Fishnski

Fish, ski, repeat
May 12, 2009
Seattle
Name
Jeff
Boat
Sold
Nice to see theere are fish headin' east ..Nice mess o'fish right there...
How about some details ....depth, gear, etc.
Sounds like the bite started about 5-5:30?
Was the ramp at PA crowded ( hasn't been "crowded for years now but thought I'd ask anyway)

I'm headin' up that way this weekend to see if I can intercept some of those kings ...so any intel would be appreciated.

Thanks for the great post / pics!

kingfreak

Jul 20, 2010
Bonney lake/wa/us
Name
Chris keithley
Boat
26’ Fish-Rite seastorm.
hey guys, the weather was pretty nasty sun mornin so we were the only ones to launch, at least on the hook. when we pulled the boat at 10 there was half dozen truck and trailer there.

the pattern i'm runnin into is the following: when reports of sekiu are hot give 7 days for fish to hit pa, then another 7 for kingston. next week will be hot in area 9, 10. there seems to be bait everywhere i fish this year. these nooks were stuffed with candle fish so use coho killers, cop car was color of choice,
gear: fish flash on d-ball, main line w/ coho killer 4 feet above and 5 feet back in clip. troll w/ tide in 60' of water and fish 55' to 20' on your d rigger.
Location: start in front of jetty, follow contour lines use your judgement and you'll hook up. i'll be in sekiu this weekend because of prior reservations, i'll have my vhf on scan. i can reach to pa with vhf so if you're on the water sat or sun call out KINGFREAK if you need some help. good luck guys

Gecko

Aug 10, 2010
WA
Name
Caleb
As much as I hate to report it, but leave it to PA to suck the next few days after a great report. Went out Today (tuesday) and fished with my buddy. We bonked one 10 lb hatchery fish and lost what appeared to be a similar fish. Did the same things you guys did except put the Cop car back in the box after 2 hours and caught both fish on a flasher with a hoochie. Cop car works great but I didnt like the light level.

Fished all over in 40, 50, 60, 70, 80 and 120-130 ft of water. Banged both in 65 west of Ediz Hook. Didnt see alot of action on the other boats. Saw 3 caught, but there were 20 boats so it wasnt a great day. Lots of jiggers, not a good idea in my opinion. However, if you get out here and know what your doing, you can catch fish, atleast one or two. Ive had good luck this season, no 14 fish days, but we had a 5 and a 8 fish day.

La Push this weekend.

kingfreak

Jul 20, 2010
Bonney lake/wa/us
Name
Chris keithley
Boat
26’ Fish-Rite seastorm.
Fished pa again yesterday, hooked 7 landed 4, 3 in the box. Ran a cut plug off diver first thing and hooked the first two keepers. after the sun came up the other fish fell for a mini green hot spot glow and cop car king fisher on 56" leader. fish are obviously headin east hopefully another push of fish will hit before the last weekend of the season for MA-6. good luck guys

Attachments

• pa fish.jpg
    pa fish.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 433

hybridcx

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 12, 2009
Sequim, Wa
Name
Jacob
Boat
22' c dory "plus 3"; willie db
nice report hoping a another shot of them will be passing by. we will be in sekiu this weekend as well i'll have my vhf on also. probably be on 68. fishing sat and morning on sunday white olympics black trim no top. this weekend the wife her sister and husband on board. should be fun. none of them have ever ran a DR before....

kingfreak

Jul 20, 2010
Bonney lake/wa/us
Name
Chris keithley
Boat
26’ Fish-Rite seastorm.
well jacob, sounds like you're gonna have your hands full. but if you're anything like me that kind of day is super fun. It's a one of a kind feeling knowing you created an unforgivable weekend for friends and family. knowing you rigged up every set up dropped every set and more than likely hooked every fish then passed it off. Good luck up there hope to see ya.