King 5 Article

skidynastar33

Aug 7, 2009
Maltby
Name
Kyle
Boat
2007 20’ Thunder Jet Luxor OB OS
the only thing different this year is the fish northwest lawsuit from us recreational folks..... there was a joint Seattle times article right before north of falcon as well calling for “unity” And even tho we didn’t get any fisheries back this year. North of falcon went smooth with the tribes not trying to pull one at the last minute like they have the last 6 years since we have had to join onto there permit.

These things are not a coincidence

Reactions: Hot_Pursuit

koopa

Arima Adventures
Feb 3, 2018
Puget sound
Name
Koopa
Boat
Arima
Of course the article does not touch on how about 90% of all recreational fisheries are mark selective fisheries (we only catch what we plant), while tribal fisheries are 100 non-selective (kill fisheries). Whenever I tell neighbors or anyone that asks about this, they are completely shocked/dumbfounded.

Reactions: fishing fanatic
Upvote 0

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member
May 9, 2010
North of Kali!
Name
Dave
Boat
3 and counting!
So, how is that us against them thing going for you!

To me the seasons seem to be in decline!

Not so sure of Redman Bad!
There are assholes on both sides. Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater!

Ducker!

Upvote 0

koopa

Arima Adventures
Feb 3, 2018
Puget sound
Name
Koopa
Boat
Arima
So, how is that us against them thing going for you!

To me the seasons seem to be in decline!

Not so sure of Redman Bad!
There are assholes on both sides. Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater!

Ducker!
Sounds like Ducker!! is just fine with the status quo of fishing for a couple weeks each year.

Reactions: NW-Quackhead
Upvote 0

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member
May 9, 2010
North of Kali!
Name
Dave
Boat
3 and counting!
Sounds like Ducker!! is just fine with the status quo of fishing for a couple weeks each year.
Do you realize that without fishing on the tribal permit, it will be 3 to 4 years before you can wet a line again!

I'm to fucking old to wait that long!

Ducker!

Upvote 0

Salmon King

I Should Upgrade My Account
Mar 29, 2013
Everett, WA, USA
Name
Tim
Boat
Salmon King 21' Custom Pilothouse
The gorge dam in NCNP is way upstream. While it might block a few historical fish, I doubt it blocks many. It doesn’t seem like the removal of this dam would provide much help. The release of sediment behind the dam would probably be more harmful.

I don’t doubt that fishing practices by all have impacted salmon. Damns have too, for sure. And we all want fish (commies, tribes, and recalls all want to fish, even the greenest leaning want them for orca food), but fish are undoubtedly in decline.

So let’s make some more. How about Seattle city light is forced to help increase hatchery output to offset any impact the dams have? The only ones opposed to it are WFC and they are really only a dozen people who decided to make it a career to sue the state and shut stuff down for everybody.

Reactions: EJ Swanny
Upvote 0

sharkster

Almost A Member
Aug 4, 2008
Westport wa usa
Name
Robert Anderson
Boat
17 Arima Sharkster
If they net the skagit like they did the Duwamish by Boeing im surprised water gets through all the nets. 4" gillnet openings catch anything and everything. When's the last time anyone has caught a 50 lb. Salmon?

Upvote 0

Baby J

Grady prick in training
  • Jul 28, 2017
    Graham, WA
    Name
    Jeremy
    Boat
    Grady White 265 Express Walkaround
    To me it’s just another fake ass story on the news. Just about every single narrative that is repeated nightly on mainstream media is completely false and is easily proven so but the networks aren’t interested in facts. It’s all about pushing the narrative for the fat cats.

Reactions: Buzz2401
    Upvote 0

punted coho

Jan 29, 2013
    buckley wa
    Name
    josh
    Boat
    Yes
    My take is that the tribes have a lot of money and own our governess. There’s a lot of factors to the declining fish populations. Tribal over fishing and mismanagement, state not putting out enough hatchery fish and mismanagement, sport fishing groups fighting amongst themselves- douches like the wild fish cocksuckery, the trawl fleet in ak scooping up entire fisheries, seal/ sea lion population higher than its ever been, human population and sport fishing increasing. Seems like the tribes are playing the victim with the liberal media.

Upvote 0

moravec

Boston Whaler 18' Outrage
    Nov 29, 2008
    Snoqualmie, WA
    Name
    Andrew Moravec
    Boat
    Boston Whaler 18; Outrage
    I doubt any of you can pull up actual catch rates for tribal fishing in Washington State to back claims of overfishing, because, as far as I can tell, they don't exist in the public realm. As much as I don't like seeing non-selective gillnets in the river, I don't have any hard numbers to really make a call on this. I can't support all the habitat work done by the tribes, and their push to force the state to replace culverts, and scream out of the other corner of my mouth that tribes are taking more than their allotted share, because that data isn't public knowledge. It would be a big win for transparency if the WDFW would publish side-by-side catch data for tribal catch versus recreational catch, while also breaking down the recreational mortality data for released wild fish. We all know that tribal anglers keep wild fish caught with gillnets, and while we release them, tens of thousands of recreational anglers hammering Puget Sound or tributaries have an impact on wild stocks as well. No one is fighting for transparency... maybe it would shut us up and appreciate the opportunities we do have, or give us some hard data moving forward to work towards an equitable share, if that doesn't already exist. Who knows?

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

fishing fanatic

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 12, 2008
    Alger, WA
    Name
    jason
    Boat
    28’ almar sounder //16' lavro
    Yeah officer, I only had two beers... believe me. It would be like grounding yourself when you’re in high school. It’s common sense

Reactions: ledbed6b
    Upvote 0

koopa

Arima Adventures
    Feb 3, 2018
    Puget sound
    Name
    Koopa
    Boat
    Arima
    I doubt any of you can pull up actual catch rates for tribal fishing in Washington State to back claims of overfishing, because, as far as I can tell, they don't exist in the public realm. As much as I don't like seeing non-selective gillnets in the river, I don't have any hard numbers to really make a call on this. I can't support all the habitat work done by the tribes, and their push to force the state to replace culverts, and scream out of the other corner of my mouth that tribes are taking more than their allotted share, because that data isn't public knowledge. It would be a big win for transparency if the WDFW would publish side-by-side catch data for tribal catch versus recreational catch, while also breaking down the recreational mortality data for released wild fish. We all know that tribal anglers keep wild fish caught with gillnets, and while we release them, tens of thousands of recreational anglers hammering Puget Sound or tributaries have an impact on wild stocks as well. No one is fighting for transparency... maybe it would shut us up and appreciate the opportunities we do have, or give us some hard data moving forward to work towards an equitable share, if that doesn't already exist. Who knows?
    Here you go:

You do realize you are asking about something that is taboo to report on.

Upvote 0

koopa

Arima Adventures
    Feb 3, 2018
    Puget sound
    Name
    Koopa
    Boat
    Arima

Another over fishing article, there are many more and these are the ones they let us know about. There are no crab left in area 13 after years of carpet bombing it.

Upvote 0