Offshore Killer Fishing Action! 302 & 230 (VIDEO)

PENN

GunghoSD

FISH . DIVE . LIVE
Jun 9, 2013
san diego, ca, usa
Name
matt
Boat
Wellcraft 212 CC
Hello all, I thought I would post these vid's for everyone to get stoked on. One is short but cool, the other is a longer one on my yak in La Jolla

Also check out my newly relaunched website http://www.finbomb.com/ we have some pretty sweet fish stickers and gear on it.

Let me know what you think, Tight Lines!!!!

Upvote 0

Kareem Korn

Muffin Monster
Feb 17, 2005
State of Confusion
Name
Tim
Boat
Longboard, 15' Calibogie ("Bogart")
I think you need to start getting in the habit of guiding your line with your thumb as you reel. just what I noticed. :)

Upvote 0

GunghoSD

FISH . DIVE . LIVE
Jun 9, 2013
san diego, ca, usa
Name
matt
Boat
Wellcraft 212 CC
I think you need to start getting in the habit of guiding your line with your thumb as you reel. just what I noticed. :)

haha, yeah, thanks....A lot of my reels are super narrow so It usually turns out all good, I thumb when needed, but Thanks for the reply :)

Upvote 0

GunghoSD

FISH . DIVE . LIVE
Jun 9, 2013
san diego, ca, usa
Name
matt
Boat
Wellcraft 212 CC
How about some details to make this a fishing report?

Thanks.

You bet, pretty much 9/8 9/5 & 9/4 video compilation for the boat video, and the YT vid is older... but pretty much hit paddys on the 302 and 230, some long soak, some nearly wide open....surface iron, sardine, and megabait worked with some light chunking. typical fishing for the last month.....ill have another after the weekend, thanks for the reply to my post :)

Reactions: Tdubbzskis
Upvote 0

kuyamonster

I only wishes to catch some fishes...
May 14, 2009
San Diego/Tacoma USA
Name
Marcel
Boat
Limited load cattle car
Been contemplating a kayak purchase the last year or so. THIS video may have put me over the edge...WAY cool footage! Just curious on total time to whip that homeguard YT off La Jolla?

Upvote 0

GunghoSD

FISH . DIVE . LIVE
Jun 9, 2013
san diego, ca, usa
Name
matt
Boat
Wellcraft 212 CC
Been contemplating a kayak purchase the last year or so. THIS video may have put me over the edge...WAY cool footage! Just curious on total time to whip that homeguard YT off La Jolla?

Thanks Man! Dont remember exactly, but like 15-20 min.....was a friggin TUGGERRRRR

Upvote 0

bobby7321

Almost A Member
Aug 6, 2008
Visalia, CA
Name
Bobby
Boat
10' jon boat
nice video! loved it. can you make them playable on mobile devices? (its a setting on youtube)

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
I saw your yellowtail video before but it never get old! I think the dogs leave yakers alone more. Just my thought, I think on the boat you would have about 10 competing for that yellow!Nice job on the off shore video BTW

Upvote 0

GunghoSD

FISH . DIVE . LIVE
Jun 9, 2013
san diego, ca, usa
Name
matt
Boat
Wellcraft 212 CC
yeah
I saw your yellowtail video before but it never get old! I think the dogs leave yakers alone more. Just my thought, I think on the boat you would have about 10 competing for that yellow!Nice job on the off shore video BTW

yeah boats attract dogs for sure! but they still have a true passion for us yakkers too! they always want their tax! thanks for watching.

Upvote 0