baitedgyro

Almost A Member
Dec 1, 2009
SANTA CLARITA
Name
David
Boat
25' Boston Whaler 1983
Thinking of getting the Reliance kill bag to hang on the transom (8') to put the tails and tunas into, but does anyone have some pics or some ideas of how they are tying the bag to the back end?

Use a rope thru the loops to cleat off from the corners? A quick rope trick with clip-ons to strap on?

A way to secure to the back or in front (empty bag no ice in it-but stored in the coolers till needed) while traveling to the fishing grounds?

Upvote 0

Crowman

Almost A Member
Mar 3, 2017
Northern California
Name
Crowman
Boat
YES
Every boat is different where cleats and tie downs are located your just going to have to figure out the best way for best. Check out the Opah brand kill bags I have both brands and the Opah is way more insulated.

evilkhemist

Mar 17, 2005
Sorrento
Name
Brandon
Boat
Parker 2510xld
I know this is going to sound weird to you younger generation people. Buy some rope, learn to tie a couple of knots to tie the bag to your hold downs.
There's more than one way to skin a cat, isnt that the old saying? My way works for me and I found it to be less of a hassle. Blood and crap get all over the rope and you have to deal with the smell. Thats why I stopped using rope. Age doesnt always make you wiser.

Upvote 0

Crowman

Almost A Member
Mar 3, 2017
Northern California
Name
Crowman
Boat
YES
There's more than one way to skin a cat, isnt that the old saying? My way works for me and I found it to be less of a hassle. Blood and crap get all over the rope and you have to deal with the smell. Thats why I stopped using rope. Age doesnt always make you wiser.
When your wiser you know what type of rope that doesn't absorb blood or smells. He's putting it on the back transom and depending on the load of fish and how rough the seas are may want a more secure tie down. I do use the twist ties your talking about for non critical loads.

Upvote 0

tunakillerjoe1

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jul 24, 2017
    San Diego, Calif
    Name
    Joseph Gratteau
    Boat
    Valco Westcoaster 150'
    Climbing runners from REI, bomb proof. Find the right length, and/or use a caribiner.

Upvote 0