QuailSlayer

Almost A Member
Aug 3, 2014
Coastal - San Diego North County
Name
jj
Boat
Got one
My Reliable has done fairly well the last few years to augment the kill box. But it is a little long in the tooth and a little small given one of my BFTs. Also, the drain cap tether strap broke and I think there is some very small leaking from the bag. The Opah kill bags look quite nice and states 100% leak proof. I checked one out at Fisherman’s Tackle on Shelter Island and they really look solid.

Anyone have both or experience with the Opah?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Upvote 0

Crowman

Almost A Member
Mar 3, 2017
Northern California
Name
Crowman
Boat
YES
My Reliable has done fairly well the last few years to augment the kill box. But it is a little long in the tooth and a little small given one of my BFTs. Also, the drain cap tether strap broke and I think there is some very small leaking from the bag. The Opah kill bags look quite nice and states 100% leak proof. I checked one out at Fisherman’s Tackle on Shelter Island and they really look solid.

Anyone have both or experience with the Opah?

Thanks in advance for your input.
I have them both, have used my Reliable on albacore with no problems. I bought the Opah and it has 3 times the insulation built into it for more ice storage than fish storage for albacore runs. Have to get my ice the night before a offshore run and It will do the job better for my purpose.

Juanba

CR
Apr 11, 2014
Pt Loma
Name
John John John
Boat
Kayak,Gregor, Panga, Long Range SD
I have the Opha and use it for a drive home with whole fish. It is
awesome and no leakage well insulated for long lasting ice

I recommend Opha

John in PL