tylerderdan

Stay classy San diego
Dec 20, 2005
Glendora
Name
Scott
Boat
215cc triumph "Unforgiven"
Was planning on fishing today until early yesterday afternoon I started to have some pain. I can handle pain, I have broken 17 bones and dislocated my shoulders and even my hip, but I wasn't prepared for this. The pain started down by my right nut and went up through my stomach. Withn 30 min. it had reached my lower back and I knew I was pretty screwed. I called my Dad who has passed about 12 stones, and he said the symptoms are pefect for Kidney stones.

So after a long as night of being in pain, and vomiting anything I had in me, I thought I would throw this out and see what if anything else I can do.

I have been drinking a ton of water, and the stone has moved a little so the pain is a little less right now. I am sure that between all you guys some have been through this, but for now I am just "Holding my ground"

FishStalker

You're no daisy
Sep 3, 2003
With your wife
Visit site
Name
Charles aka "Ben"
Boat
15' Tupperware Sloop
Straddle the radar for a half hour. The radio waves should bust it up :rofl:

Seriously though, I've heard that stones can be broken up with ultrasonic treatment so that they are easier to pass.

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
Sorry to hear this Scott. I've got a jar full of the rocks. Get some pain killers. And doseup good. That will allow the uriters(sp?) to loosen up. Drink alot of water and lay down. Hopefully you only have 1 in the tube. Or you can lay down on the front of a bouncing boat. This also works pretty good.

Get a KUB xray so you can see what your dealing with. Good luck Bro.

roxfisher

Apr 28, 2003
Downey
Visit site
Name
Roxanne Swift
Boat
not yet
Bill went through that Nov and Dec. 2 hospital visits, and mega pain shots. They can come in clusters (Bill had 3 to pass). Depending upon what they are made of, you may need to restrict your diet of certain things. To determine the makeup of the stone, you must capture it. They have you pee through a screen and it looks like a grain of sand. If it is large enough they can break it up.
Don't try to go it alone. They brought Bill to his knees and he is not sensitive to pain.

Group Fun

Dec 4, 2003
Ramona
Visit site
Name
Joe
Boat
Bayliner
Stones are no fun. I had a 9mm stone that actually blocked my uriter and made one of my kidneys shut down for a few days. It was way too big to pass so they blasted it and I passed it in about 2 days. I was in the hospital for a week because of it. Definately see a doctor and get some xrays and a cat scan so you know exactly how big and where the stone is at. If I had just tried to ride it out, I would have had permanet kidney damage. Make sure to drink lots of water and cranberry juice. Hope ya feel better.

Kurt

Mistadobalina
Jul 9, 2003
Clairemont
Visit site
Name
Kurt
Boat
%%%%%
HOLY SHIT can we change the subject. Damn that sounds bad.

byeye

i love Ali
Feb 5, 2003
In the ghetto
Name
Michael T
Boat
Was planning on fishing today until early yesterday afternoon I started to have some pain. I can handle pain, I have broken 17 bones and dislocated my shoulders and even my hip, but I wasn't prepared for this. The pain started down by my right nut and went up through my stomach. Withn 30 min. it had reached my lower back and I knew I was pretty screwed. I called my Dad who has passed about 12 stones, and he said the symptoms are pefect for Kidney stones.

So after a long as night of being in pain, and vomiting anything I had in me, I thought I would throw this out and see what if anything else I can do.

I have been drinking a ton of water, and the stone has moved a little so the pain is a little less right now. I am sure that between all you guys some have been through this, but for now I am just "Holding my ground"

Oh great idea asing this group of people for advice on fucking KINDNEY STONES.

Go to the fucking doctors..............

Kurt

Mistadobalina
Jul 9, 2003
Clairemont
Visit site
Name
Kurt
Boat
%%%%%
Oh great idea asing this group of people for advice on fucking KINDNEY STONES.

Go to the fucking doctors..............
pssstt hey mac, get your advice on BP? Tradin at 46 3/4 :rofl:

roxfisher

Apr 28, 2003
Downey
Visit site
Name
Roxanne Swift
Boat
not yet
mostly diet. Stones are made up of several minerals, most common is calcium or sodium.
Most people are helped for new ones being formed by increasing the alkalinity content or acid content of there system. BUT because there are different types, you should consult a doctor as what may work for some can be detremental for others.

jstcrzyengh

Jul 20, 2004
Orange county
Name
James
Boat
none
I would also suggest cranbeery juice. Not the mixed stuff, 100% pure like you get at trader joes. Guzzle the stuff. Trust me this is coming from someone that has mass kidney problems... and like everyone said get to the doctor. If its not a stone it could be a kidney infection, hernia (from where it started) and these are all things that need to be diagnosed by a physician. If you cant get a sameday appointment, do the ER. Trust me you dont want to take a chance with your kidneys.

BigJoe

No fish in O'side
Dec 6, 2005
Vista
Name
Joe
Boat
26', Striper, Wage Burner
No fun for you :( Passed a couple beebe sized ones myself lately, these things are no joke and visit to doctor/ER is definately in order. Oh and did I mention the pain they cause OUCH!

cretin

Dec 4, 2004
Lost
Name
Dave
Boat
sank
I am the stone king. I have had a ton. Usually I go get a shot of this stuff called deloted. I dont know if I spelled that right. Then I just take Ibuprofin every 6hrs. Then I usually just watch for it in my piss. I woke up in the middle of the night a few months ago with one. I rolled around for an hour and fell back asleep...then I pissed it out the morning. Just keep drinking a ton of water. If you still have a problem they may cat scan you to find out how big they are

Az.monkey

Oct 27, 2003
PQ
Visit site
Name
Karl
Boat
Which one ?
I've been forutunate enough to have passed 8 out of 12,and yes they suck!
1st was a rather painfull trip to the ER and when I passed it I felt like I just pissed out a bowling ball, but it was mearly the size of 00 buckshot. the second one i could feel comming on and the doc told me to drink an 8 oz. glass of purified water at a 50/50 water/white vinegar every few hours to knock them down in size for easier passing. mine were caused by the medication that I was on after my accident 16 yrs. ago. 10% no fun

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
I am the stone king. I have had a ton. Usually I go get a shot of this stuff called deloted. I dont know if I spelled that right. Then I just take Ibuprofin every 6hrs. Then I usually just watch for it in my piss. I woke up in the middle of the night a few months ago with one. I rolled around for an hour and fell back asleep...then I pissed it out the morning. Just keep drinking a ton of water. If you still have a problem they may cat scan you to find out how big they are
I hear ya brother. My last good 1 was 3/16"x 3/8" gave birth at home. My first was 30 years ago, about the size of a grape seed and been chronic eversince. The pills are good, but the boat method works too.

Scott, if this is your first stone, you should be diagnost.

Also a lithotripsy (sonic breakup) is $10,000 if you don't have insurance.

jstcrzyengh

Jul 20, 2004
Orange county
Name
James
Boat
none
I am the stone king.Then I just take Ibuprofin every 6hrs.
Be VERY VERY VERY careful when taking ibuprofen.

It is VERY harsh on the kidneys, for example I can't take it because it would literally shut down my kidneys. Remember kidney stones as they work there way out cause damage. Stones are not round they are sharp and pointy, hence the pain. They rip there way out of you. The Ibuprofin gets into those areas and could cause additional problems. Just an FYI on Ibuprofin.

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
Be VERY VERY VERY careful when taking ibuprofen.

It is VERY harsh on the kidneys, for example I can't take it because it would literally shut down my kidneys. Remember kidney stones as they work there way out cause damage. Stones are not round they are sharp and pointy, hence the pain. They rip there way out of you. The Ibuprofin gets into those areas and could cause additional problems. Just an FYI on Ibuprofin.
Demerol or 750mg Vicis can be your friend.

Cast Gold

hss AHHHH...hss AHHHH....
Jul 1, 2005
Tustin
Name
Kris
Boat
Mike's
You need to see your primary care physician. You'll probably get a referral to a urologist. Please don't do anything yourself to try to disrupt the stone(s). I don't want to see you on a YouTube.com video.

Cast Gold

hss AHHHH...hss AHHHH....
Jul 1, 2005
Tustin
Name
Kris
Boat
Mike's
I've been forutunate enough to have passed 8 out of 12,and yes they suck!
1st was a rather painfull trip to the ER and when I passed it I felt like I just pissed out a bowling ball, but it was mearly the size of 00 buckshot....10% no fun
90% fun? Well that's not so bad then.