eldplanko

got the skunk off
Jun 18, 2012
Ballard
Name
My other boat is a piece of...
Boat
Floater
slight derail... speaking of alternator output, does the T25 put out enough amps to keep electronics (three plotters, fusion, vhf) + fridge at bay for the duration of a long day of trolling? I haven't put it to the test yet.
More derail.... You’ve got enough into your boat, I’d spend the extra 150 for the Victron smartshunt, then you can know for sure the net amp state of your batteries... if you want to splurge, also do the cerbo then you can network that data with your mfd, else you have to use your phone.

On topic, buddy has a 15hp merc pro kicker on his 32 ft, twin straight shaft diesel, 20 gross tons... seems to do fine trolling for salmon... center mounted on the swim step

Upvote 0

Master Chief

• Aug 18, 2009
    Sedro Woolley, Washington
    Name
    Chad Lukehart
    Boat
    Alumacraft Navigator Sport 185, ETEC 150, Duckworth Offshore 26
    slight derail... speaking of alternator output, does the T25 put out enough amps to keep electronics (three plotters, fusion, vhf) + fridge at bay for the duration of a long day of trolling? I haven't put it to the test yet.
    13.5 amps on my 2016, keeps 2 12” and 1 “16 plus VHF and radio running fine. Don’t have a fridge so don’t know about that.

Upvote 0

fishing fanatic

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 12, 2008
    Alger, WA
    Name
    jason
    Boat
    28’ almar sounder //16' lavro
    My 9.9 does great on long trolling days but I also don’t have a fridge. The only thing I won’t do is beat my batteries up using the pot puller I have without my mains running as it’s a very serious amp draw at a long duration

Upvote 0

PSULion

Apr 9, 2019
    WA
    Name
    Me
    Boat
    13' Gregor
    Good to know, 13.5 amps would be plenty on mine. Last I checked the Blue Seas showed 6-8amp house draw with fridge at temp and everything on that needed to be. Riggers, pot puller, electric reels, windlass, thruster get their own bank and charge via Yami aux port So not dependent on kicker. Thx, derail over.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Captain Decent

The Bert makes ‘em Squirt
    Nov 2, 2017
    Covington, wa
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    The Bert Makes ’em Squirt
    Have you looked for a kicker regardless of size? From what I read there aren't many available if at all.
    That is true. I called around the other day and pretty much everything is 4 plus months out. But that ok its not desperate need. The T25HT on the back of the wife's pontoon is looking quite likely to be the motor of choice as we want to go to a 40 or 50 on that thing anyways. It's just a bit heavy.

Upvote 0
    Oct 29, 2013
    Anacortes
    Name
    Curt
    Boat
    Duck, Duck, Goose
    I run a 25 hp Yamaha on a 28 Duck. I love the extra amps and I've never had an issue turning into the wind while trolling, plenty of rudder authority when tied into the mains. WOT moves around 6-6.5 mph. It's quiet enough I have to check if it's running.

Reactions: bullshooter

Fishin2Deep4U

Aug 9, 2018
    Name
    Fishin2Deep4U
    Boat
    Cruisers Inc 2510 Sea Devil
    I run a Suzuki 9.9 on my 30' Trophy. Been on there for there for a couple of years and have not needed any more. It's same engine as the 15 and 20hp. So I would have to go bigger to get a larger gearcase/ prop for any additional gains.

I run a tiebar to my mains and I have issues steering or navigating. Although the autopilot does the heavy lifting.

Upvote 0

bullshooter

Jul 24, 2009
    Graham, wa
    Name
    Monty
    Boat
    24' Seahawk OS
    What Ducky said. I have a yamaha t25 on my 24 seahawk os. It is a little noisy at wot great for salmon trolling. It is carbureted and quite cold blooded but once warmed up shes good for the day. permanently tied to the main. An EZ steer wont cut it.

Upvote 0