El Chiva

Almost A Member
May 23, 2010
Hb, ca
Name
Nomad
Boat
Parker 2120 Nomad
we are staying near clover pass, and have done Ketchikan several times in June/July but never as late as Aug 18-22.

We are doing self guided, but don’t know what to expect in the latter parts of August.

Any info on what to reasonably expect fishing wise, would be greatly appreciated!

Upvote 0

Peteb

newbie my ass
Nov 30, 2010
Lake Havasu City, Az
Name
Pete
Boat
None
D7A59812-0244-42E0-AC2F-6EACD2BAD3D1.jpeg
D7A59812-0244-42E0-AC2F-6EACD2BAD3D1.jpeg
we are staying near clover pass, and have done Ketchikan several times in June/July but never as late as Aug 18-22.

We are doing self guided, but don’t know what to expect in the latter parts of August.

Any info on what to reasonably expect fishing wise, would be greatly appreciated!
This will be our 5th trip to Ketchikan, we always go over Labor Day. We will be there 9/1 - 9/6. Lots of bruiser Coho still around and we always manage an occasional King or two. Make sure you check the regs on the Kings. You’re in the right place at Clover Pass. That’s where we do the bulk of our fishing. Oh and there’s always the chance to stock your freezer with this ^^^

Upvote 0

El Chiva

Almost A Member
May 23, 2010
Hb, ca
Name
Nomad
Boat
Parker 2120 Nomad
View attachment 936373 View attachment 936373
This will be our 5th trip to Ketchikan, we always go over Labor Day. We will be there 9/1 - 9/6. Lots of bruiser Coho still around and we always manage an occasional King or two. Make sure you check the regs on the Kings. You’re in the right place at Clover Pass. That’s where we do the bulk of our fishing. Oh and there’s always the chance to stock your freezer with this ^^^

Roger that!

Appreciate the info, never done the latter part of August!

Appreciate it! That halibut looks amazing!

Thx for the info

Upvote 0
Jun 4, 2017
Kennewick WA
Name
Brian
Boat
Seasport
IMG_0586.JPG
We have our boat up there and make a couple trips a year..(actually leaving next Thursday) buddy has a place right next to clover pass that we stay at. Will be heading back up for silvers at the end of August/ first part of September which i think is the best time for silvers, they start getting bigger and u start to weed out the pinks! Went up last year sept 8 and got into the Silvers and towards the end of the 16th they were getting bigger!!

Upvote 0

El Chiva

Almost A Member
May 23, 2010
Hb, ca
Name
Nomad
Boat
Parker 2120 Nomad
View attachment 936461 We have our boat up there and make a couple trips a year..(actually leaving next Thursday) buddy has a place right next to clover pass that we stay at. Will be heading back up for silvers at the end of August/ first part of September which i think is the best time for silvers, they start getting bigger and u start to weed out the pinks! Went up last year sept 8 and got into the Silvers and towards the end of the 16th they were getting bigger!!

Yeah, we hope for that second run of silvers!

We have 3 and half days of fishing, so we are looking forward to it!

Appreciate the info, and hopefully we get plenty of downrigger action!

Upvote 0

wgsftim

Aug 15, 2013
wash
Name
tim
Boat
na

I think you might be a little early. I go the third week of September ( self guide ) and we load up on silvers. You may encounter a bunch of pinks then. I would suggest you head down the back side of Gravina Island past Valner Bay. We use whole herring with a trailing hook, works well. Have fun

Upvote 0