Hophead

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 26, 2004
san diego
Name
ryan
Boat
22’ Seaway
Looking to get the family out next weekend to do some offsite camping, assuming many site managed areas will still be closed. I got a f250 4x4 to get us there. And of course would like to throw a line in the water. I’m not close minded to only Kern area, but need to avoid large gatherings and state run sites. Live in San Diego so trying to keep the drive to 5 hours or less.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: repo805

Bigpondonly

Bloodydecks Seafood Co.
Dec 7, 2003
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
Parker 2120
What about the Colorodo river? There is BLM land adjacent for boondocking.

mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
San Fernando Valley
Name
Mike
Boat
19"Gregor
Looking to get the family out next weekend to do some offsite camping, assuming many site managed areas will still be closed. I got a f250 4x4 to get us there. And of course would like to throw a line in the water. I’m not close minded to only Kern area, but need to avoid large gatherings and state run sites. Live in San Diego so trying to keep the drive to 5 hours or less.

Thanks in advance.
If you want to fish you'll be stuck with the main stem Kern as the rest is on the sierra trout season schedule and closed to fishing .

Reactions: marlyn

onehottip

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 8, 2006
So cal
Name
Guerms
Boat
18.5 Wahoo cc , Evinrude Etec V6 135 HO
Keyesville which’s just below the dam. It’s dry camping and it’s green unlike the lake area. It’s beautiful. No fees. Also has some pit toilets. Multiple areas for river fishing.

Last edited: