erndog

PESCADOR
Jun 16, 2004
Escondido
Name
Ernesto
Boat
Triumph "La Lolita"
Any reports on the insane red run happening right now?
Almost 100k swam up the other day!!!
I thought it was WFO at 60k.
I'll be up there Thursday.

waldocod

Mar 27, 2007
Washington
Name
Steve
Boat
Arima Sea Legend
The fish cleaning tables in Homer are full of guys coming back from the Kenai loaded with Reds

May 17, 2019
Eagle River
Name
Joe
Boat
Salmonella
its rockin pretty good. fished in saturday night for a couple hours and we got 6. Those people in homer could be cleaning fish from dipnetting in a stream across kbay in homer. There is a personal use fishery over there as well. If your going to be up thursday and the counts have came down a little bit i would focus my time up river around bings landing. The fish that get counted have been in the river for a day normally. So the count that you see today is for yesterday and the fish probably came in the river the day before. I believe the counter is at river mile 17 or something like that.

waldocod

Mar 27, 2007
Washington
Name
Steve
Boat
Arima Sea Legend
Yes, some of the guys there are dip netting and snagging in China Poot but that’s slowing down. Most guys I talked to the last few days brought their fish over from the Kenai.

erndog

PESCADOR
Jun 16, 2004
Escondido
Name
Ernesto
Boat
Triumph "La Lolita"
Finally got to launch out of Anchor Point Thursday and Friday. Thursday I got a #55, Friday I got #43 in perfect weather.
Still slaying the reds, got my boxes filled with them. Going for more halibut tomorrow and hopefully silvers soon.
20190808_162724.jpg
3536.jpeg

Reactions: Bottom Line

erndog

PESCADOR
Jun 16, 2004
Escondido
Name
Ernesto
Boat
Triumph "La Lolita"
Still getting limits daily on reds.
Definitely slowed down.
Now you actually have to fish, not just catch.
Lots of dark bucks with a flurry of chrome freshies.
Made our last halibut trip for the year, nothing big(#40)
Nice Rainbows off our platform.
Sunny warm days.
Good times on the Kenai.
20190814_160059.jpg
3685.jpeg