Offshore KEEP AN EYE OUT: Stolen & recovered boat, stolen fishing gear / Dana @ Mission Bay/SUSPECT PHOTOS

PENN

FatBoy4130

Jun 7, 2012
RSM O.C
Name
B Wolfe
Boat
FATBOY
Thanks Blackfish. Haha, yeah, I thought the same...definitely knew how to turn on our fuel lines, batteries, etc., but did not know how to park a boat, let alone tie a cleat hitch. (?)

I've also found it odd that a crackhead that needed to steal all this crap to get his next fix, was also willing to run over to Everingham and pay $35 for a half-scoop...(?)

INSIDE JOB!!

Upvote 0

TEMEKUDOUG

I am just along for the ride
Dec 22, 2005
TEMECULA
Name
Doug
Boat
Cabo 35
This is on top of the items stolen from the 4 pax charters. I also have had a rod taken off the boat while we were on it. The tweeker come along side and swipe it. 2 Weeks ago we walked up on an individual hiding in one of the rubber rafts, he was attempting to steel the outboard motor on it. Chased him into a waiting boat and they took off. Crazy crap there.

Upvote 0

Troy

Under the Radar
Sep 12, 2005
Bird Rock
Name
Troy
Boat
Pez Loco
That's just weird. We had our boat at The Dana for years with zero problems. Did the dude swim around the gate to get onto your dock?

Upvote 0

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
Sooooo sorry!! Ditto a lot above!! Hey post pix of your rig pre and post!! Pre especially so people might recognize things. BTW 8 years ago my boat in guest slip in hotel Coral was taken!! Never seen again!!! Insurance covered. But ruined my summer!! Best of luck!!

Upvote 0

T-Tang

Far from newbie, but lifetime learner
Jul 27, 2006
Dana Point
Name
Tyson
Boat
21' Bayliner Trophy
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I really hope the worst day of this guy's life is shortly ahead for him.

Upvote 0

bassposer

Dec 28, 2006
SD
www.aimmarine.com
Name
kyle
Boat
15' Whaler
17309793_10209194048435864_2357795257577494785_n.jpg

Reactions: Hardcor
Upvote 0

Ryan Gay

Jul 31, 2015
Oklahoma
Name
Joe Ski
Boat
19.5 deep v cuddy "OUT TO LUNCH"
Stole your epirb you said? Can't that be tracked, on or off? Get with your service provider for that and ask them where your unit is?

Upvote 0

bassposer

Dec 28, 2006
SD
www.aimmarine.com
Name
kyle
Boat
15' Whaler
From what I know, there is no idea how suspect got on the boat. But he/ they broke the lock and hatch off the cabin. Got in and found the keys inside.
They ran sacked everything did their crack induced party and brought boat back trashed. They must have off loaded the goods somewhere else.
When the suspect returned he ran into dock master Ted. If you know Ted you would understand how this guy was able to weasle his way off the dock. He walked off the dock, past the Dana rental booth and towards the Dana Landing boat ramp. He was gone.
I know this sounds miniscule compared to the tragedy that happened last night. But we would really like to catch these guys.
I haven't talked to my brother today, but they were supposed to get access to the different cameras footage today.
We'll keep updating this. Thanks

Last edited:
Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Hey Kyle..... how about some sort of description of this guy. you mentioned that Ted saw him, not to mention your brother said the guy was noticed by others.

Have you guys hit up the bait barge yet or contacted them by phone to find out who was working the barge from say 4:30am to 10:00am to see if he had someone else with him when he pulled up to the barge? Usually with a boat that size and being a flybridge, it would almost seem he had someone with him?

Keep the info rolling..... try and get us a description.

The unknown fisherman:p:

Reactions: momaguro
Upvote 0

Troy

Under the Radar
Sep 12, 2005
Bird Rock
Name
Troy
Boat
Pez Loco
That sucks. Ted certainly isn't going to stop anyone from getting away but hopefully can give you a good description of the guy.

Upvote 0
Jul 18, 2016
OC
Name
RB
Boat
42 ft Bertram
This piece of shit knows you knows your habits and knew your boat . How did he start the motor. The guys at the bait dock has had to of seen him before, how else would have he known where to get bait , Go there and ask them if they remember him soon as possible and the boat he was on ., This guy knows boats he has to be close , and to leave a meth pipe on the boat what a stupid azz .If police do not take dna samples when they ck it out and run on the data base . For sure this guy has a record bug them to do it sure your ins will pay for everything , who is your ins co, fill a police report yet . Im really hoping this isint an ins scam right . Good luck bait guys today for questions to start. B
This is my line of thought. Addicts steal from thier own mom, grandma, daughter, etc.

Upvote 0

Ricsen

Apr 16, 2015
Name
Rich
Boat
Robalo 260 CC
The brass control knobs (don't know size or weight) may show up at a metal recycler in the area in exchange for a little cash. Sometimes ID is required at those places for selling brass, copper, wiring, etc. Those knobs would be unique if sold for scrap. Just a thought. I hope they catch him and that your gear is recovered.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Wouldn't a description of the perp be one of the very first things asked for from those who saw this person..... yet here it is 3 days later and still no description? If you really want to catch this person, then info such as this is pretty critical, and the sooner the better....... you know what they say, "Time is of the essence"

I only say all of this because I'm rolling off the info already given that this guy was seen by more than one person and even confronted...... yet we still have no description??

Trying to help ya here and spread the word to those in that area.

Upvote 0

tommy burger

Almost A Member
Jun 1, 2010
san diego
Name
tommy
Boat
n/a
Wouldn't a description of the perp be one of the very first things asked for from those who saw this person..... yet here it is 3 days later and still no description? If you really want to catch this person, then info such as this is pretty critical, and the sooner the better....... you know what they say, "Time is of the essence"

I only say all of this because I'm rolling off the info already given that this guy was seen by more than one person and even confronted...... yet we still have no description??

Trying to help ya here and spread the word to those in that area.

Dude.... scroll back, the description is stated and quoted (I'm not going to find it for you).. your obsession with description is almost as mind-boggling as this situation.

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
Dude.... scroll back, the description is stated and quoted (I'm not going to find it for you).. your obsession with description is almost as mind-boggling as this situation.

Haha..... really!?

You just might want to go back and recheck yourself LOL

If your going off the description that I think you must be, then you got taken pretty good.

Obsessions kinda funny as well, since all I am doing is trying to help this guy track down and maybe catch this clown, and since it has been stated that he was seen by more than one and even confronted, then it's a little odd that the description hasn't been given....... it's probably one of the most important pieces of info in maybe finding this guy as I would bet money he roams that area. Like I said, I'm around that area, live close by and know others who are in that area as well.

So back to my obsession...... how bout a description LOL

Upvote 0

?? fisherman

super Captain
Feb 27, 2003
Soul Cal
www.sandiegofishing.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Kencraft CC
My apologies, Unknown Fisherman.

Didn't realize this guy was just cracking jokes. You're correct, I was wrong.

It's all good Tommy, no worries on my part at all!

I just would love nothing more than to see this person get caught, and I just feel time is kind of critical in terms of good info to give us a better shot at possibly catching this knucklehead.

Reactions: pascuale
Upvote 0

hilltop

lurking in the shallows
Jan 1, 2010
sb 805
Name
hilltop
Boat
sold, pangas, Intrepid, and diggin the RRIII
time to install a "nest" cam hidden good in the boat! Hope you guys can string this POS up......he deserves that after a good "meeting" before a phone call.

Upvote 0

monster1

Typical Striper owner
May 30, 2006
Long beach
Name
Monster
Boat
Yep
White male, shaggy dirty blonde hair, six feet, 125 lbs, missing a few teeth, bad complexion, sunken eyes, baggy dirty jeans, and dirty white Dana Landing t-shirt.
You just described half the deckhands around the area.

Reactions: Bradyxxx
Upvote 0