Scuba Chris

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • May 17, 2016
    Kapolei, HI
    Name
    Christopher Takahashi
    Boat
    Christina Ann
    Keehi Lagoon Boat Launch Piers off Sand Island!

I got a call from a friend asking me if i knew anything about the Keehi Lagoon fishing piers closing fishing activities to anglers off Downtown, Honolulu. This is a popular area when baitfish start to school. So i took a drive down to the piers to try to learn the reason why.

I was lucky that i met a State worker who confirmed that the signs "should" be a temporary sight until the launching piers are properly repaired. So i thought i'd share this information with those anglers that frequent this area. This closure doesn't affect Sand Island Beach Park further down the road for fishing activities.

Fishysml

Nov 11, 2010
    Honolulu
    Name
    Rick
    Keehi Lagoon Boat Launch Piers off Sand Island!

I got a call from a friend asking me if i knew anything about the Keehi Lagoon fishing piers closing fishing activities to anglers off Downtown, Honolulu. This is a popular area when baitfish start to school. So i took a drive down to the piers to try to learn the reason why.

I was lucky that i met a State worker who confirmed that the signs "should" be a temporary sight until the launching piers are properly repaired. So i thought i'd share this information with those anglers that frequent this area. This closure doesn't affect Sand Island Beach Park further down the road for fishing activities.

Thanks for the update. Can they also fix the bad elements that hang out there at night also. Scared to leave my trailer there too late.

Reactions: rsokolowski
    Upvote 0

Scuba Chris

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • May 17, 2016
    Kapolei, HI
    Name
    Christopher Takahashi
    Boat
    Christina Ann
    Thanks for the update. Can they also fix the bad elements that hang out there at night also. Scared to leave my trailer there too late.
    When i launch Hawaii Kai or Haleiwa for an over-nighter i always call the neighboring police station to give the desc of my truck & trailer. They give that to the patrol officer that evening.

Upvote 0