mullet

Metal Fabricator
Jan 10, 2006
San Fernando Valley
Name
Mike
Boat
19"Gregor
Might be a good idea with your low profile to have an antenna with a flag for more visibility . It looked pretty flat out if there is any kind of swell you would be virtually invisible .

HBtunatime

May 31, 2019
HB
Name
Collin
Boat
12' Cobra Navigator XF; whatever else floats
I launched out of Morro Canyon at Crystal Cove yesterday and was 30 yards off the rocks at Reef Point and had a guy in a 40-50 foot powerboat charge by me within 20 yards doing 30+ knots. I have a large flag pole setup and had my dive flag up(my buddies were spearing but had gotten out before this thank God), kayak is bright orange, I'm wearing bright green and blue with an orange PFD and was yelling at him telling him to slow down and he just waved me off. Wish I had a damn video to report to Coast Guard. Fuck That Guy.

pacificscout

Hey! You got any frozen ice?
Jul 28, 2012
Fullerton
Name
Wally
Boat
16ft Scout EMBUSTERO
Wow.
Years ago a cigar boat almost killed us.
Missed us by 5-6ft.
Swamped us real good.
Thought I was going to die.
Guy popped his head up from under dash and went wide eye like crazy.
Just missed us at a very high rate of speed.
And now we post.
Beautiful.
Fish.

Reactions: HBtunatime
Jul 10, 2006
SLO County
Name
Ethan Arrington
Boat
Bayrunner
Good point mullet, that's on the list. Pretty easy to ad to help be visible. Not me in video just one stumbled across. Yes the comments on videos posted the CF numbers and commented to turn them in. For not checking that he was ok is pretty messed up. I'd turn him in and get any damages fixed and have him take a boating safety course.

prolinegd

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 3, 2007
corona
Name
patrick
Boat
nada
you handled that better than I would have.
At least he should pay for repairs.

gunnyslinger

PickDickler
Mar 15, 2006
Huntington Beach
Name
Justin
Boat
20’ CC
Damn that was close. Too damn close. Did those little assholes pay for it? They’d be talking with the coasters after that hit and run. They look young too.
I’d hate to see how I would have reacted.

Reactions: ol' salt

Cowboy Billy

Jun 19, 2019
San Diego
Name
Bill Erholtz
Boat
Hobie
That Boat Driver was an ASS and deserves a nice whoopin!
I hope the Kayaker files a report. The guys did not even stop; as if the kayaker did not exist!? As a Kayak fisherman, and a boat fisherman, every body deserves respect and DISTANCE!
That kayak guy did ZERO wrong! A real loud whistle or an air horn might help, but it wont fix STUPID BOAT DRIVER SYNDROM!!

Reactions: ol' salt

One_Leg

Ret. Comm. Diver/Medic
May 11, 2007
You're mined!
www.csicop.org
Name
Alan
Boat
1967 Cobia Cuddy Cabin/Evinrude Looper
LARMO
LARMO
LARMO

A friend and myself were knocked clean out of an inflatable raft by an 8 or 9 year old twerp on his fathers original jet ski. He hauled ass after seeing we were alive. He fixed it for us but it popped within 30 minutes of use a few hours later. Punk ass turd almot killed us.

Glad the yaker still can yak.

Reactions: lougio

Hiimhaiii

boner loaner
Sep 18, 2018
Orange county
Name
Haime
Boat
Malibu Ocean kayak
This video pisses me off so much. Watched another angle where his friend confronts boater. Boater continues fishing and dismisses the kayakers as if it was their fault.

Piece of shit. If the kayaker were to take on water or even get hit by the boat this could have ended much worse.

Rude Baits

Mar 22, 2012
SD
Name
Tony
Boat
-
Damn, glad you are safe. That could of been a lot worse. I started to run a whip with a flag years ago on my kayak and consider it a priceless piece of standard safety equipment along with my pfd (2), and whistle.